It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:36 am 
Registered Member

Hello, just wanted to make a quick post showcasing a fan game that I started developing a while ago and just recently started to get back into.

Gameplay: the main mode of the game is geared towards online multiplayer where players can play as both hunters and prey along side AI controlled hunters. I plan on adding offline modes similar to brawl game in the future but for now I am focusing on multiplayer. There will be a variety of weapons that spawn randomly around the map and can be picked up by anybody. Both hunters and prey can perform executions so running out of sprint with a hunter trailing you can end very badly if you are not careful. Players playing as hunters are in first person and players playing as prey can switch between 3rd and 1st person.

Here is a quick video and some pictures:

I will try to keep this thread up to date if there is any interest. There is still much work to be done and I will be looking for testers once it gets to that point but that won't be for some time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:31 am 
Registered Member

That looks pretty damn cool.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:08 pm 
Registered Member

Fuckin' a! This is exactly what I've been waiting for! I'll be willing to help you test the multiplayer if you need it. :)

My Manhunt 2 Uzi With Flashlight Mod

My Doom WADs:
BADLANDS.WAD
CATACOMBS.WAD
DOOMHUNT.WAD
LIFEORDEATH.WAD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:06 pm 
Registered Member

This actually looks really good, in a retro way. Hope it actually comes to fruition.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:27 pm 
Registered Member

Beautiful. Don't let it die! We're here for you.

This forum is almost as logical as religion itself.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:31 pm 
Registered Member

It looks pretty fucking amazing, its got the whole early 2000s graphics thing going which i think was the best time to be a gamer, i mean from the gta 3, vice city, manhunt, to gta san andreas 2000- 2001 to 2005 (basically the ps2-xbox era) was when companies made the best stuff in my opinion and this game seems to be in the same spirit of that time

You may have seen our tags around Carcer City, that's right the Hoods.... your friendly neighborhood thugs. You need to pull a hospital on somebody, got a old teacher that still pisses you off after all these years, did that cop actually give you a parking ticket? Give my associates and me a call and we will personally fix any problems you may have.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:16 pm 
Registered Member

Hell naw nigga rockstar's recent releases are way better than that.
Srs btw but I see the appeal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:15 am 
Registered Member

I wasn't really impressed with gta 5, i mean the graphics and the game world interactivity are amazing but the main story is weak compared to 4 and i hate online, most people are assholes either killing you constantly or acting like they know everything during missions, if rockstar makes any sequels id like to see red dead redemption 2 or bully 2, since manhunt 3 wont happen

You may have seen our tags around Carcer City, that's right the Hoods.... your friendly neighborhood thugs. You need to pull a hospital on somebody, got a old teacher that still pisses you off after all these years, did that cop actually give you a parking ticket? Give my associates and me a call and we will personally fix any problems you may have.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:17 am 
Registered Member

I haven't really heard anything new from rockstar lately apart from online updates though i haven't really been paying much attention to gaming news lately

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:15 pm 
Registered Member

There was something a while ago, a job description from Rockstar for a developer for a "asymmetrical stealth game" or something like that, I don't remember the exact wording, but there were a lot of articles about it. Sounded like it could be Agent. I'm really interested in that game, I hope it's not cancelled. It's the closest to Manhunt we can get from Rockstar, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:27 am 
Registered Member

Just to give a small update that this project is not dead I am posting a pic I took a while back when I added executions to the game:

NOTE: characters models can and will be improved on. I plan on adding the Hoods, Skinz, Wardogs and couple others that I made up. There will be more as I get more time to focus on more media creation.

All weapon executions have been designed and most are fully animated already. Nearly all of them are original and not from the game (there are some I could not resist adding though). Some of the weapons have a level 4 execution (beyond red) for those who can pull it off.. I am still working on adding sounds and blood to the executions though. The blood code is nearly complete, just fine tuning things and making them customizable to the various executions. Sounds will take some time make as most media does in general. I may possibly have someone who will work with me on that part though.

Anyways, here is a current weapon list which may see some additions in the future:

GREEN:
-Shard
-Scalpel
-Wire

BLUE:
-Machete
-Katana
-Hack Saw
-Crowbar

RED:
-Baseball Bat
-Sledge Hammer
-Mining Pick
-Fireman's Axe
-Shovel

YELLOW: (can also execute with these)
-Brick
-Bottle

Will post more as I think of current game state and as I get to work on it more, which won't be for a couple weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:49 pm 
Registered Member

Awesome. Glad to see this isn't dead. A couple of questions, do you plan on adding the Innocentz? Also are guns planned to be included?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:10 pm 
Registered Member

You should add in all the gangs that were cut from Manhunt 1. And add the spiked baseball bat, ice pick, and that black wood thing. That'd be REALLY cool!

My Manhunt 2 Uzi With Flashlight Mod

My Doom WADs:
BADLANDS.WAD
CATACOMBS.WAD
DOOMHUNT.WAD
LIFEORDEATH.WAD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:41 am 
Registered Member

Fucking awesome man, at least someone is sticking it to rockstar for not making MH3!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:19 pm 
Registered Member

Watch him get a cease and desist letter from Cockstar because they don't want us having any fun.

This forum is almost as logical as religion itself.