It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Manhunt vs Manhunt 2
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:13 pm 
Registered Member

killthatguy111 wrote:
The first was the best, hands down. What made Manhunt so great is that it was scary, yet fun as fuck! A horror game where you had a fighting chance. It was realistic to the sense of how they carried out the plot. I do believe snuff films are real, and saying they aren't real is like saying that out of 7.6 billion people on Earth, there isn't one person fucked up enough to film death.

Manhunt was all about staying alive, and killing your way through people to get your life back, not to mention your fighting a corrupt city anyway. A lot of people (including my father) didn't like the game because you killed cops in it like GTA, even though they were dirty cops anyway. Justified.

Manhunt 2 on the other hands I failed to put down, was ALL about the gore. It had a more developed and in-depth plot, yet was TOTALLY overshadowed by how much balls it had in its executions. I tried to deny it for awhile, but the game sucked dick. It was too easy, the AI couldn't tell the difference from a wall and their own face, the gun mechanics were wonky and clunky, and it was heavily edited of all that made it good.

It's really sad, after all. Manhunt 2 had the potential to be way better than the first! The only thing that fucked it up was the shutdown of Rockstar Vienna. They had A LOT of shit for the game, but after they closed, and London and Toronto putting their filthy hands on it, made it the shit game that it is today. It's a shame.

Not trying to go offotpic, but I wouldn't say all the cops were corrupted. Of course some of them abused their power but most of them didn't even know what they were sent to. It's just Schaffer has lied to them. If you listen to cops' dialogue you can see that not all of them are bad.
After playing Manhunt for over 150 hours you begin to feel pity about the hunters you kill.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:27 pm 
Registered Member

Deagle195 wrote:
Manhunt 2 sucks starting from gameplay and ending with its plot and overall quality.

It's not that bad. My only complaint is that it's too easy. Insane difficulty isn't hard at all. I think they added the plot to kinda make up for the lack of one in the first game. It was probably made just so people wouldn't think it's a murder simulator or something. The executions are awesome, though.

My Manhunt 2 Uzi With Flashlight Mod

My Doom WADs:
BADLANDS.WAD
CATACOMBS.WAD
DOOMHUNT.WAD
LIFEORDEATH.WAD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:50 pm 
The Red Kings

The plot of manhunt 1 plot could have been deeper or expanded upon but i read thier was a lot in company fighting at rockstar while it was being made because of what the game was so maybe the better story writers refused to work on it or something. We're lucky manhunt 1 got released when it did because nowadays it wouldn't have made it past the ratings board.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:32 pm 
Registered Member

Carcer City Hood wrote:
The plot of manhunt 1 plot could have been deeper or expanded upon but i read thier was a lot in company fighting at rockstar while it was being made because of what the game was so maybe the better story writers refused to work on it or something. We're lucky manhunt 1 got released when it did because nowadays it wouldn't have made it past the ratings board.

Yeah. I heard that a lot of the people working on the game felt uneasy with all the blood and gt was in development for close to a decade from what I read.

My Doom WADs:
BADLANDS.WAD
CATACOMBS.WAD
DOOMHUNT.WAD
LIFEORDEATH.WAD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:41 pm 
Registered Member

clrly manhunt 3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:49 pm 
Registered Member

Deagle195 wrote:
killthatguy111 wrote:
The first was the best, hands down. What made Manhunt so great is that it was scary, yet fun as fuck! A horror game where you had a fighting chance. It was realistic to the sense of how they carried out the plot. I do believe snuff films are real, and saying they aren't real is like saying that out of 7.6 billion people on Earth, there isn't one person fucked up enough to film death.

Manhunt was all about staying alive, and killing your way through people to get your life back, not to mention your fighting a corrupt city anyway. A lot of people (including my father) didn't like the game because you killed cops in it like GTA, even though they were dirty cops anyway. Justified.

Manhunt 2 on the other hands I failed to put down, was ALL about the gore. It had a more developed and in-depth plot, yet was TOTALLY overshadowed by how much balls it had in its executions. I tried to deny it for awhile, but the game sucked dick. It was too easy, the AI couldn't tell the difference from a wall and their own face, the gun mechanics were wonky and clunky, and it was heavily edited of all that made it good.

It's really sad, after all. Manhunt 2 had the potential to be way better than the first! The only thing that fucked it up was the shutdown of Rockstar Vienna. They had A LOT of shit for the game, but after they closed, and London and Toronto putting their filthy hands on it, made it the shit game that it is today. It's a shame.

Not trying to go offotpic, but I wouldn't say all the cops were corrupted. Of course some of them abused their power but most of them didn't even know what they were sent to. It's just Schaffer has lied to them. If you listen to cops' dialogue you can see that not all of them are bad.
After playing Manhunt for over 150 hours you begin to feel pity about the hunters you kill.
All cops are scum like in real life lel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:28 pm 
Registered Member

The SWAT were actually good family cops.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:04 pm 
Registered Member

DJThanos wrote:

ur swat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:09 pm 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
DJThanos wrote:

ur swat

ur twat
oooooo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:10 pm 
Registered Member

Deagle195 wrote:
Gooby wrote:
DJThanos wrote:

ur swat

ur twat
oooooo

My Doom WADs:
BADLANDS.WAD
CATACOMBS.WAD
DOOMHUNT.WAD
LIFEORDEATH.WAD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:35 am 
Registered Member

the cops in manhunt 1 are not corrupted they were only trying to kill you because cash is wanted in manhunt 2 the cops are corrupted

“You know, I think it's important to keep a balance in things. Yeah, balance, that's the right word. Cause the guy who wants too much risks losing absolutely everything. Of course, the one who wants too little from life, might not get anything at all.”

― Thomas Angelo

Last edited by AGoodFellow on Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:13 am 
Registered Member

xxCSPROxx wrote:
the cops in manhunt 1 is not corrupted they were only killing you because cash is wanted in manhunt 2 the cops are corrupted

True.

My Doom WADs:
BADLANDS.WAD
CATACOMBS.WAD
DOOMHUNT.WAD
LIFEORDEATH.WAD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:55 pm 
Registered Member

and the journalist was wanted too FYI

“You know, I think it's important to keep a balance in things. Yeah, balance, that's the right word. Cause the guy who wants too much risks losing absolutely everything. Of course, the one who wants too little from life, might not get anything at all.”

― Thomas Angelo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:02 pm 
The Pimps

Manhunt 1 Cops did fit the stereotype

Manhunt Death Wish Mode V01B [MOD]
Manhunt Death Wish Mode 2 [WIP MOD - 47% DONE]
Manhunt 2 Death Wish Mode [WIP MOD - 80% DONE]
killthatguy111's Better HUD Mod v1 [MOD]
Manhunt 2 Joel skin (TLOU) for Leo [SKIN]

relsseS wrote:
But can it see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:19 pm 
Registered Member

killthatguy111 wrote:
Manhunt 1 Cops did fit the stereotype

Depending on where you live, they might fit the truth too :lol: .