It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:41 pm 
Registered Member

Burger Shot wrote:
More dust.

u aer dust...

Deagle195: Gooby's lifestyle is not life at all... it's existing (paraphrased)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:32 am 
Registered Member

Well, just back from the con. Because of huge stress with work and other costumes breaking down I didn't have much time to work on these costumes, so I was just like "fuck it" and left for the con with how they are. I plan on working on them some more before I wear them again to another convention.

I still did a (mini)photoshoot with them, I hope to get those pictures soon. Here with photographers it can take a few days, but also a few months, because everything is volunteer. I'm also not good with photoshop at all, but I want to try to let the pictures have a more gritty effect or a camera-interface. Anyway, the wait begins!

In general I wanted to post a "warning" here for people that plan on wearing Smileys masks to comic/anime/scifi(etc.)-conventions. I was grabbed and tackled by quite some people during the day that went "BUT YOUR MASK SAID I SHOULD STOP YOU LOLOLOLOLOLOL" Which is something I didn't think of at all while I was making these costumes... ಠ_ಠ

Cosplay Website

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:44 pm 
Registered Member

Maakie wrote:
Well, just back from the con. Because of huge stress with work and other costumes breaking down I didn't have much time to work on these costumes, so I was just like "fuck it" and left for the con with how they are. I plan on working on them some more before I wear them again to another convention.

I still did a (mini)photoshoot with them, I hope to get those pictures soon. Here with photographers it can take a few days, but also a few months, because everything is volunteer. I'm also not good with photoshop at all, but I want to try to let the pictures have a more gritty effect or a camera-interface. Anyway, the wait begins!

In general I wanted to post a "warning" here for people that plan on wearing Smileys masks to comic/anime/scifi(etc.)-conventions. I was grabbed and tackled by quite some people during the day that went "BUT YOUR MASK SAID I SHOULD STOP YOU LOLOLOLOLOLOL" Which is something I didn't think of at all while I was making these costumes... ಠ_ಠ

Masks are dangerous...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:29 am 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
Maakie wrote:

Masks are dangerous...

Well yeah, I could also barely see through those things. If I decide to become a murderer one day, I will wear a mask with bigger holes for the eyes. 8)

Cosplay Website

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:41 pm 
Registered Member

Hello~

Stuff happened, so I'm slow again. But anyway, I have the pictures!

Although I'm not 100% happy because I couldn't finish them on time, I ended up doing the small photoshoot anyways. Here's my favorite picture from it:

At higher resolution here: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3522739/

All the other pictures can be found here: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/476445/

The photographer also had some out of character ideas with the masks off, which I wasn't really sure about (and still not am actually), but the pictures turned out pretty nice if I say so myself~ (even though it's not really fitting considering the characters, but hey, I'm already making these "casual" versions, right? :P )

My boyfriend also had the last-minute idea to give him some scars (I had the make-up with me anyways) at the part of the mask that is broken off with him, which I actually end up liking a lot!

So what now...well, I want to really finish these costumes!!! But in the next few months there won't be much conventions here and I also won't have much free time and I started on a new project, so I guess I won't work on it until I am sure at which con to wear these again... So yeah, that's it for now! I hope to post more in the future if I re-make these outfits and I hope you guys liked what you saw here in the past few months! ;)

Cosplay Website

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:06 pm 
Registered Member

Sucks sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:25 pm 
The Pimps

The masks are too big

Manhunt Death Wish Mode V01B [MOD]
Manhunt Death Wish Mode 2 [WIP MOD - 47% DONE]
Manhunt 2 Death Wish Mode [WIP MOD - 80% DONE]
killthatguy111's Better HUD Mod v1 [MOD]
Manhunt 2 Joel skin (TLOU) for Leo [SKIN]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:48 am 
Registered Member

Maakie wrote:
Hello~

Stuff happened, so I'm slow again. But anyway, I have the pictures!

Although I'm not 100% happy because I couldn't finish them on time, I ended up doing the small photoshoot anyways. Here's my favorite picture from it:

At higher resolution here: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3522739/

All the other pictures can be found here: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/476445/

The photographer also had some out of character ideas with the masks off, which I wasn't really sure about (and still not am actually), but the pictures turned out pretty nice if I say so myself~ (even though it's not really fitting considering the characters, but hey, I'm already making these "casual" versions, right? :P )

My boyfriend also had the last-minute idea to give him some scars (I had the make-up with me anyways) at the part of the mask that is broken off with him, which I actually end up liking a lot!

So what now...well, I want to really finish these costumes!!! But in the next few months there won't be much conventions here and I also won't have much free time and I started on a new project, so I guess I won't work on it until I am sure at which con to wear these again... So yeah, that's it for now! I hope to post more in the future if I re-make these outfits and I hope you guys liked what you saw here in the past few months! ;)

No offense, but your masks look just ridiculous...