Post subject: Manhunt Mods for GTAIV
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:17 am 
Registered Member

These are my own that I have made in my spare time

Ambiance

http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/ambiance-09-f20957

Tranquilizer

http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/tranquilizer-gun-f21091

What Manhunt inspired mods would you like to see? (besides the typical gore and stealth)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:43 am 
Registered Member

Some good skins would be awesome.

Zom-B wrote:
Wouldn't that be strange? To unmask someone and find they look exactly the same underneath.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11982

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:53 pm 
Registered Member

Unfortunately Im not much of a modeller/skinner. I work with programming/scripting and sound design.
I too would love to see an HD version of Cash. Hell, If someone will model one, I'll rig it!

http://www.gta4-mods.com/player/x-men-o ... ine-f12138
If his hair, head, and face were changed, fingers opened, and claws removed. this is fairly close to an HD beta Cash design (though I like the face on the release version better)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:08 pm 
Registered Member

There is a Cash mod for GTA 4, just search on on youtube for it. I like that ambience mod, nice.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:16 pm 
Registered Member

Loved Ambiance, I wish there was one for SA.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:40 pm 
Registered Member

PIGGSY'S REVENGE wrote:
There is a Cash mod for GTA 4, just search on on youtube for it. I like that ambience mod, nice.

Yes, there is, but its just a conversion of the original. really looks horrible in gta4 especially if you use a first person mod as I do.

Also, I found out that ac.amir released a version of Wolverine with rigged fingers and no claws. so thats a step in the right direction.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:05 am 
Registered Member

Scripting is a fuckload harder than texturing, I think this is really cool.

This forum is almost as logical as religion itself.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:36 pm 
Registered Member

Does it work with the standalone DLC? The radio should play the Manhunt soundtracks?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:43 pm 
Registered Member

I don't have any of the DLC so I cant say for certain, but there isn't anything in the code that is episode specific, so there shouldn't be anything stopping it from working on Episodes From Liberty City as far as I know.
As far as working on the Standalone; as long as it can run ScripthookDotNet (which I believe it can), It should be able to run my scripts no problem. Again, I don't have DLC of any kind so I can't verify, but you're welcome to give it a try. Not like its irreversible or anything.

I assume you're talking about the Ambiance mod. The script works independent of the radio, so you don't need to have the radio on or anything. Because of this, it works on foot as well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:57 am 
Registered Member

Dude, You should add the music when someone else is attacking you, not only the cops. I've just runned in some bums but the music is still quiet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:10 am 
Registered Member

Ive thought of that same thing a few times myself, Deagle. At the moment, the script works off of the games core "Wanted" mechanics. for me to include any non-authority-figure aggressors will take alot more coding, but If I get the time, I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime, enjoy this.

http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/dynamichud-f23503

While not something from any current Manhunt games, If a new one were to come out, I would hope they would do everything possible to completely remove the typical heads-up-display so that you are really pulled into the game because all the feedback would be somewhat subconscious. So the player feels what the character feels. His pain. His fear. His desperation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:38 am 
Registered Member

Already seen this, CoDlike.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:18 am 
Registered Member

InfamousSabre wrote:

Is.. Is he playing as Hugh Jackman? xD

I like that Tranquilizer gun mod, it's cool that someone took the time to actually make the people you shoot flop around like fish. By the way, I personally think scripting is way easier than doing models/textures, but then again I learned how to do scripting first, and never really got around to learning how to do models. I sorta figured out texturing. Sort of.

Has GTA IV ever had a Manhunt-style execution/gore mod? I always liked how San Andreas let you stealth kill an enemy by sneaking up to them with a knife, and it did a "sort of-Manhunt" execution. It'd be cool if someone did that for GTA IV.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:38 am 
Registered Member

iBobaFett wrote:
Is.. Is he playing as Hugh Jackman? xD

I like that Tranquilizer gun mod, it's cool that someone took the time to actually make the people you shoot flop around like fish. By the way, I personally think scripting is way easier than doing models/textures, but then again I learned how to do scripting first, and never really got around to learning how to do models. I sorta figured out texturing. Sort of.

Has GTA IV ever had a Manhunt-style execution/gore mod? I always liked how San Andreas let you stealth kill an enemy by sneaking up to them with a knife, and it did a "sort of-Manhunt" execution. It'd be cool if someone did that for GTA IV.

Lol, yes I am. Its the wolverine model I was talking about on the first page. One day I may get around to editing it into an HD James Earl Cash. Im still working of getting modelling down, but texturing is easy peasy. You'll get it :)

No good execution mods yet. theres one that uses animations from a mission cut-scene, but again, not good and not manhunty at all.
Im working on this one though. give it time ;)

Update:
Got another Manhunt themed mod in the works. Not an existing weapon, but one I'd like to see in an upcoming game.
A preview will be up before the week is out.

Lemme hear some suggestions! Just start naming off brutal things to use to harm people, lol (Things light enough to carry). I may just make it!

Update #2:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:20 am 
Registered Member

If anyone knows how I can get manhunt 1 or 2's animations into 3dsmax, I should be able to start converting the execution anims into GTA4's format, then write a script for executions.