It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:39 am 
Registered Member

Hey everyone so I have something awesome to share with you but bare with me as I've got to explain a few things...

So after my graduation I got a diploma in Film and Television from a New Zealand film school and for my final project I made a short horror film called "Escape From Hellview" one of my primary inspirations was Manhunt, not just with the hunters but the idea of being forced to kill to survive.

All I want to do with my life is tell stories and make films, this was my first attempt and writing and directing something this long and compared to other work this is a really good first try at something like this, at the very least my peers liked it and so did everyone at the film school

the film was shot over 4 days and I put about $500 in it towards weapons, costumes and props, locations costs and feeding the cast/crew

It would be good to talk to you guys about it, see what you think, but constructive criticism only please, I know there are errors and faults with it, you don't need to tell me that, I had too many ideas and the story was too big for a 4 day shot, plus I did not prepare as much as I should have during pre production which is very important to make sure you know what you are doing. So I was kind of aiming too high, but it is a complete story and does make sense but you can see how I could have fixed to problems with hindsight. And I don't want to hear if you think it was crap, that your opinion, I know it is great and I know my peers think the same so I don't waste your time trying to hurt my feelings because it won't work, I was meant to make films I know this...

Once last thing, we are all manhunt fans here so I thought I would post the film here first so you can all enjoy the manhunt aspects, hopefully the people on here who have made smiley face masks will enjoy this!

ORIGINAL LINK TO VIDEO NO LONGER AVAILABLE ANY MORE SORRY

Last edited by ninjax on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:01 am 
The Clowns

I think one of the best fan movies of Manhunt ever!! Cool effects and all, story not that bad.

I only didn't like that the doctor unmasked himself at the end. He was the only mysterious character. It would be better if his face would stay under the hood.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:23 am 
Registered Member

hey thanks for your comment

I never really thought of that before, ya know not revealing him, I thought that by the end people would want to know what he looked like

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:25 am 
Registered Member

All these people who have looked at this thread and only one replied, what is up with that

why is no one leaving comments?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:15 pm 
The Clowns

Nice to see a more professional take on something mahunt inspired. Nice work.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:33 pm 
The Hoods

this asswipe has some balls!!!

Quote:
I've noticed on here links to Manhunt fan made videos, now as much as they are done by fans with no money the fact is they are crap and amateur and I don't know about you but I would like to see more "professional" attempts at making something Manhunt related, which is what I have for you

really? i have not seen any bad fan fiction flicks on here made by others that i would label crap!

get the fuck over yourself. you did'nt do anything original.

i also find it hard to see 500 $ worth of anything in that flick you made. all the manhunt fan flicks i made combined cost less then a hundred.

as for more professional, if thats professional then were all fucked!!!!!!

s.g.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:14 pm 
Registered Member

I don't need to get over myself. you don't need to take my comments so seriously or personally and i meant no disrespect for those who have made manhunt fan flicks, and only certain elements of this film are manhunt related, its not a fan flick its a combination of different ideas and styles/looks that I wanted to do

as for costing $500 and you not seeing it, well the weapons, props and costumes had to be rented, the crew had to be feed, I had to hire a generator to power the lights, the locations cost to use so trust me there is $500+ in this film.

this is more professional then other stuff out there as making a short film at a film school is like a smaller and shorter version of the real thing ie feature length film making. there were proper sound recording equipment, cameras worth thousands of dollars, lots of lights of various sizes, make up artists and professional editing equipment so this goes beyond someone making something with a handy cam and doing it with just there mates, which don't get me wrong can be fun but thats not for me.

now that doesn't mean I think im better then you or other people out there it just means the finished product will look better, and as i said that was my first attempt and directing and writing so I am very happy with it/

I don't understand why you feel the need to be an arse about it, you have simply misunderstood what I was wrote

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:09 pm 
The Hoods

would you mind putting this video on youtube? i think it's the reason for the general lack of comments in here I know i had some trouble with megavideo I couldnt get any audio with the video for some reason it's just easier on youtube.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:19 am 
Registered Member

you say its easier on you tube and you would think so but its not. at least for me its not. I don't want to have to split the film in two parts and as far as I know the vids on you tube unless you have a directors account which I don't have to be under 10mins long and this is around 13-14 mins, plus the quality will be crap

thats why I used megavideo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:46 pm 
The Hoods

Quote:
now as much as they are done by fans with no money the fact is they are crap and amateur

[quote][you have simply misunderstood what I was wrote/quote]

i think you better read what you wrote dip shit!

whats to misunderstand??????

and i still don't see the 500 bucks?

equipment should have been free to use from your film school. unless you got swindled? the common halloween store props are cheap enough. feed the cast. 5, 5 dollar, 5 dollar footlongs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the generator and location maybe, i'll give you that and thats all

s.g.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:26 am 
Registered Member

Why do you have to be so rude? does it empower you giving shit to someone over the internet on the other side of the world, knowing that you don't have to deal with real life confrontation.

I am not at all surprised that at some point on the forum as with all forum someone comes along and feels the need to be a dick and criticizes

I DON"T CARE IF YOU CAN'T SEE THE $500 in the film, I know its there, I know what I spent

and you did misread what I wrote because the equipment bit was in regards to how more professional it was then others, I was not implying that the film school I was at was charging me for the use of equipment, the equipment was free and the cast and crew was around 20 people and footlongs cost more then 5 dollars in New Zealand.

I can't imagine you are older then me because if you were you wouldn't be writing rude and mean comments only stupid young boys and teenagers do that kind of shit. I only want mature and serious people on this forum

your way to angry and taking something personally and I just don't understand why and these comments are pointless and don't add anything to anything

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:53 am 
Registered Member

:lol: (This Mr. Nasty fellow just seems a bit offended. From his perspective, your confidence and pride in your film might come off as a little pretentious)

I enjoyed it. I noticed how you tried to have similar angles/filters as the original works.

How will you learn ol' chap if you never want to know your mistakes or errors? A plant cannot grow if it neglects the sun.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:26 am 
Registered Member

for the record I am NOT pretentious and nor did I intend for people to come to that conclusion based on what I wrote.

I am sorry if anyone has been offended but if you make something cheap with a handy cam in your spare time you shouldn't be surprised if someone calls it amateur or crap, its not a statement about the skills of the filmmaker but the quality of the product. and I have not seen his fan vids so those comments were not aimed at him

QUOTE "How will you learn ol' chap if you never want to know your mistakes or errors? A plant cannot grow if it neglects the sun"

I do want to learn for my mistakes and errors but that guy was just being an arsehole and wasn't giving constructive criticisms, and I am well aware of all my errors and mistakes, I don't want to be told what I already know, I want people to give me fresh and different perceptions of my work that doesn't involve making immature comments

go and look at the manhunt fan vids on youtube, they are amateur and as a result of being cheap and amateur they are crap, but they are only crap because of the limited equipment and materials that were available, im not saying that the people behind the vids are talentless or they don't have good ideas im saying that no matter what a fan made handycam vids are always going to be crap and look crap compared to the real thing or a smaller version of the real thing.

putting a suit on a turd doesn't change the fact that it is still a turd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:39 am 
Registered Member

I haven't seen mr nastys manhunt vids but I will watch them sometime. my comments were not referring to his vids or the vids on this site even though thats what I had original wrote, what I meant was the cheap and crap vids made by 15 years boys etc on youtube

sorry for the misunderstanding but that mistake doesn't warrant the need to be rude

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:10 pm 
The Hoods

the point i was making was this, you should not call anyones vids crap no atter how bad it may look on youtube, as you know really dunb down the quality to fit anything on youtube so of course its gonna look bad. also, its someone's art. good or bad its a fucking manhunt flick and everyone should be doing stuff like this, keeping the franchise alive! or trying to.

here is a link to my vids

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=starkweather00

watch them, and enjoy as did i for ninjas

s.g.