It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:00 am 
Offline
Registered Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:13 am
Posts: 1215
Location: Westeros
Sweet Tooth wrote:
The past 2 days I caught up with game of thrones. I started just over half way through season 5 to refresh me but just finished it like an hour. Things are getting interested but I read it will be 2019 by the time the next season will come out.



Yes. Well..,we're halfway there. Ugh

_________________
Image
_______________________
Image
_______________________
Image
_______________________
Sawdust in the bread.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:07 pm 
Offline
Registered Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:51 am
Posts: 966
Well not really we are 4 months into a 12 month year and also I doubt it will come out at the start of 2019 so there is a bit to wait.

_________________
13/03/2029 Is My Expiration Date However I May Be Consumed Before Then.
Trade Your Anger For Evil.
Vote Jose A. Morales.
One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:25 pm 
Offline
Registered Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:13 am
Posts: 1215
Location: Westeros
Sweet Tooth wrote:
Well not really we are 4 months into a 12 month year and also I doubt it will come out at the start of 2019 so there is a bit to wait.



Technically we're halfway there, cause we already waited a year. It would be on air right now.

_________________
Image
_______________________
Image
_______________________
Image
_______________________
Sawdust in the bread.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:06 pm 
Offline
Registered Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:51 am
Posts: 966
I guess for you. I avoided most spoilers so my experience wasnt really ruined and I have less wait time.

_________________
13/03/2029 Is My Expiration Date However I May Be Consumed Before Then.
Trade Your Anger For Evil.
Vote Jose A. Morales.
One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:10 pm 
Offline
Registered Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:51 am
Posts: 966
For the last 2 weeks I have watched the tv show called Oz. It's about an American prison and the gangs and the on goings inside it. It was good watched all 6 seasons fairly quickly. I would recommend it, it has alot of shankings and fighting but also a fair amount and men being gay(kinda weird). It also focuses a lot on the deeper side to prison life like mental health and the day to day struggles which makes it much more than just a typical prison show. It got an 8.8/10 from IMBd!

"Inmates and correctional officers inside the Oswald State Correctional Facility, nicknamed "Oz," battle for power and survival amid warring factions and explosive acts of retribution. Much of the show takes place in Emerald City, an experimental unit in the facility that tries to emphasize rehabilitation and learning responsibility while being incarcerated"

_________________
13/03/2029 Is My Expiration Date However I May Be Consumed Before Then.
Trade Your Anger For Evil.
Vote Jose A. Morales.
One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:16 am 
Offline
The Cerberus
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:38 am
Posts: 10472
Location: The palace of exile.
Oz is great! It has some real whacky subplots, but it's still pretty consistent and has some good characters and get around a lot of subjects. The only character I truly hate, besides that red-head creepy dude, Tim something, is Beecher, and I never understood why he was so popular.

_________________
Image
King Kong of Copenhagen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:22 am 
Offline
Registered Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:51 am
Posts: 966
Goretex wrote:
Oz is great! It has some real whacky subplots, but it's still pretty consistent and has some good characters and get around a lot of subjects. The only character I truly hate, besides that red-head creepy dude, Tim something, is Beecher, and I never understood why he was so popular.

I think it has something to do with the fact he is not a born criminal he made one mistake(killed a girl drink driving) he was not made for prison and he got raped and shit. The mainstream audience would feel for him and route for him. At a point I kinda liked him he became crazy and started taking no shit and single handedly held his own against the aryan brotherhood.

_________________
13/03/2029 Is My Expiration Date However I May Be Consumed Before Then.
Trade Your Anger For Evil.
Vote Jose A. Morales.
One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:31 am 
Offline
The Cerberus
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:38 am
Posts: 10472
Location: The palace of exile.
Yeah, I understand that, but he was always such a victim. His crazy period was good, only good thing about him. The rest was "does Keller love me, I love him, boohoo" bitch bitch bitch.

_________________
Image
King Kong of Copenhagen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:37 am 
Offline
Registered Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:51 am
Posts: 966
Hahah yeah I do think that someone else should have taken the spotlight instead of him, I could read his character like a book and I could always predict(most of the time) what was going to happen with him. I did like the o'reilly brothers, I really thought Ryan was going to get killed pretty quickly with all the enemies he had in the prison when he get sentence but he outlived all his enemies which tells you something.

_________________
13/03/2029 Is My Expiration Date However I May Be Consumed Before Then.
Trade Your Anger For Evil.
Vote Jose A. Morales.
One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:38 am 
Offline
Registered Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:51 am
Posts: 966
Image

_________________
13/03/2029 Is My Expiration Date However I May Be Consumed Before Then.
Trade Your Anger For Evil.
Vote Jose A. Morales.
One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:15 am 
Offline
The Cerberus
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:38 am
Posts: 10472
Location: The palace of exile.
I love Ryan O'Reilly, even though it was pretty unrealistic to talk himself out of all those things with his life intact. Adebisi was real nice, too, with his velcro hat.

_________________
Image
King Kong of Copenhagen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:59 pm 
Offline
Registered Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:13 am
Posts: 1215
Location: Westeros
Sweet Tooth wrote:
For the last 2 weeks I have watched the tv show called Oz. It's about an American prison and the gangs and the on goings inside it. It was good watched all 6 seasons fairly quickly. I would recommend it, it has alot of shankings and fighting but also a fair amount and men being gay(kinda weird). It also focuses a lot on the deeper side to prison life like mental health and the day to day struggles which makes it much more than just a typical prison show. It got an 8.8/10 from IMBd!

"Inmates and correctional officers inside the Oswald State Correctional Facility, nicknamed "Oz," battle for power and survival amid warring factions and explosive acts of retribution. Much of the show takes place in Emerald City, an experimental unit in the facility that tries to emphasize rehabilitation and learning responsibility while being incarcerated"



OZ is a great show, but some of the sentences those prisonsers get for doings stuff is extremely far fetched. One does a much worse thing than the other and gets a lighter sentence for..whatever reason. Also, some of the flashbacks are extremely corney/cheesy.


I like the fact that the Aryans hate faggots so much, yet practice gay prison sex all the time. The hipocrisy is unreal.

_________________
Image
_______________________
Image
_______________________
Image
_______________________
Sawdust in the bread.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:21 am 
Offline
The Cerberus
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:38 am
Posts: 10472
Location: The palace of exile.
KarlTheFookin'Legend wrote:
Sweet Tooth wrote:
For the last 2 weeks I have watched the tv show called Oz. It's about an American prison and the gangs and the on goings inside it. It was good watched all 6 seasons fairly quickly. I would recommend it, it has alot of shankings and fighting but also a fair amount and men being gay(kinda weird). It also focuses a lot on the deeper side to prison life like mental health and the day to day struggles which makes it much more than just a typical prison show. It got an 8.8/10 from IMBd!

"Inmates and correctional officers inside the Oswald State Correctional Facility, nicknamed "Oz," battle for power and survival amid warring factions and explosive acts of retribution. Much of the show takes place in Emerald City, an experimental unit in the facility that tries to emphasize rehabilitation and learning responsibility while being incarcerated"



OZ is a great show, but some of the sentences those prisonsers get for doings stuff is extremely far fetched. One does a much worse thing than the other and gets a lighter sentence for..whatever reason. Also, some of the flashbacks are extremely corney/cheesy.


I like the fact that the Aryans hate faggots so much, yet practice gay prison sex all the time. The hipocrisy is unreal.


I agree that a lot of things about Oz is farfetched, but it's perfectly possible to get different sentences for the same thing, it all depends on the judge, the defense, the prosecutor and whether or not you plead guilty or not (which also depends on the defense). The system is not equal for all, poor people get worse defense and are often coerced into agreeing to a plea bargain, where they get a lighter sentence for pleading guilty, whether they did it or not.

_________________
Image
King Kong of Copenhagen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:49 am 
Offline
Registered Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:51 am
Posts: 966
Or if you are black hahaha. When the prisoners initial sentences were mentioned I would always try to get how long until they are up for parole. After a few seasons I got decent at it.

_________________
13/03/2029 Is My Expiration Date However I May Be Consumed Before Then.
Trade Your Anger For Evil.
Vote Jose A. Morales.
One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:19 pm 
Offline
Registered Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:13 am
Posts: 1215
Location: Westeros
I'm not even sure who was my favourite character in that show, probably...would need to rewatch someday again. Many characters had traits that I liked. Keller was good at snapping necks, Shillinger (Shallenger) was good at making jokes etc.. O-Reily maybe, The Italian boxer dude (Chuck Zitto) or that Chinese guy, who trafficed people. His fucking story ended up going nowhere, though. Sad. Come to think of it, the whole Second part of Season five and all of season 6 was a gigantic clusterfuck of stories going nowhere..

_________________
Image
_______________________
Image
_______________________
Image
_______________________
Sawdust in the bread.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group