It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:47 am 
Registered Member

Theory not mine btw, also contains spoilers: https://www.reddit.com/r/GTA/comments/2 ... ndirectly/

“You know, I think it's important to keep a balance in things. Yeah, balance, that's the right word. Cause the guy who wants too much risks losing absolutely everything. Of course, the one who wants too little from life, might not get anything at all.”

― Thomas Angelo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:54 am 
Registered Member

That's interesting, man. Even though the 3D era died a long time ago, it's still cool to see how much effort R* put into the lore and continuity.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:59 am 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
That's interesting, man. Even though the 3D era died a long time ago, it's still cool to see how much effort R* put into the lore and continuity.
Agreed. I'm very disappointed in GTA V's storyline, don't get me wrong, I love GTA V. but the storyline sucks and it is filled with cliches and it is too short. It isn't interesting unlike GTA IV and every GTA game from the 3D era.

“You know, I think it's important to keep a balance in things. Yeah, balance, that's the right word. Cause the guy who wants too much risks losing absolutely everything. Of course, the one who wants too little from life, might not get anything at all.”

― Thomas Angelo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:13 am 
Registered Member

xxCSPROxx wrote:
Gooby wrote:
Agreed. I'm very disappointed in GTA V's storyline, don't get me wrong, I love GTA V. but the storyline sucks and it is filled with cliches and it is too short. It isn't interesting unlike GTA IV and every GTA game from the 3D era.

Ehh... i kind of disagree, i mean Franklin's plot is boring as fuck and i don't like any of that gangsta nigger bullshit, but Michael and Trevor were a very interesting duo of friends and i liked both of them as characters too. I really like how much work R* put into making Trevor a very tragic character even though his main appeal was humor to most, deep inside, Trevor's a very broken man full of anger and hatred due to his abusive childhood.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:17 am 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
xxCSPROxx wrote:
Gooby wrote:

Ehh... i kind of disagree, i mean Franklin's plot is boring as fuck and i don't like any of that gangsta nigger bullshit, but Michael and Trevor were a very interesting duo of friends and i liked both of them as characters too. I really like how much work R* put into making Trevor a very tragic character even though his main appeal was humor to most, deep inside, Trevor's a very broken man full of anger and hatred due to his abusive childhood.
Also forgot to mention Trevor... DAMN IT!!! Yeah he was a pretty interesting character, but he killed one of my favorite characters, Johnny Klebitz. I also like Michael, because he's a family man... Franklin on the other hand, is pretty boring and doesn't have charisma... But I still hate the main storyline though. But atleast the missions were fun.

― Thomas Angelo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:19 am 
Registered Member

xxCSPROxx wrote:
Gooby wrote:
xxCSPROxx wrote:
Gooby wrote:

Also forgot to mention Trevor... DAMN IT!!! Yeah he was a pretty interesting character, but he killed one of my favorite characters, Johnny Klebitz. I also like Michael, because he's a family man... Franklin on the other hand, is pretty boring and doesn't have charisma... But I still hate the main storyline though. But atleast the missions were fun.

Yup... i still remember getting V on the launch day in 2013 and when i first saw Johnny getting killed, i was pretty annoyed too since i had spent so much time with TLAD beforehand. But i guess R* was just trying to make a point on how deranged and dangerous this new ''Trevor'' guy was by killing one of the most roughest GTA protagonists from the past. So yeah i agree on that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:20 pm 
Registered Member

I would have liked to see 3 different stories in GTA V rather than them all becoming bank robbers and planning heists it just killed the vibe for me. I personally feel GTA is about the gritty gang/street life trying to get by rather than living in the hollywood hills with 20 fucking cars. I miss the old and simple missions in GTA IV in "threes a crowd" when your cousin is getting beat up and you need to go over and knock fuck out of 2 dudes then get into a car chase with the 3rd, you corner him in a warehouse and he pulls out a knife and you need to deal with him. Anyway like I was saying 3 separate stories would have been a good idea, Trevor would be trying to run his meth business taking out other dealers and competing for the drug and arms trade that would be an interesting story. There are a few missions where you have to do that type of stuff but r* eventually just forget about that part of the story. Getting into drug wars with some other hillbillies, imagine spawning into your trailer and then 5 redneck meth heads run in with weapons trying to bat your skull in, you would need to go into rage mode and mop the floor with them. It's the small things and the details that make a game in my eyes.

I don't know if you are aware but in GTA V the ballas actually own grove street so I thought maybe franklin's story could revolve around grove streets families taking back grove street and overall just gang banging nigger bullshit which can be fun, basically street warfare. There could be mini side quests were you would get drive byed now and again with attempts on your life from enemy gangs. Eventually after beating the ballas there are the mexican gangs that you could go to war with. I think a system like in GTA SA when you could recruit a few gang members to follow you before going into rival hoods would also be a cool idea. While Trevor is more of a manufacturer rather than a street slinger franklin and lamar are on the streets and would have to grind. I think a system like GTA chinatown wars would be awesome where you buy drugs and try to sell them to other people for a profit.

With Michael he is in witness protection and lives in the vinewood hills so he would be the most glamorous out of them all. His story should be like he tried to rob someone and it bites him in the ass or maybe someone he robbed from the past is coming back to try kill him. He also has the mid life crisis thing going for him. I think Michael was my least favourite so I am not going that in depth with him.

One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:18 pm 
Registered Member

Sweet Tooth wrote:
I would have liked to see 3 different stories in GTA V rather than them all becoming bank robbers and planning heists it just killed the vibe for me. I personally feel GTA is about the gritty gang/street life trying to get by rather than living in the hollywood hills with 20 fucking cars. I miss the old and simple missions in GTA IV in "threes a crowd" when your cousin is getting beat up and you need to go over and knock fuck out of 2 dudes then get into a car chase with the 3rd, you corner him in a warehouse and he pulls out a knife and you need to deal with him. Anyway like I was saying 3 separate stories would have been a good idea, Trevor would be trying to run his meth business taking out other dealers and competing for the drug and arms trade that would be an interesting story. There are a few missions where you have to do that type of stuff but r* eventually just forget about that part of the story. Getting into drug wars with some other hillbillies, imagine spawning into your trailer and then 5 redneck meth heads run in with weapons trying to bat your skull in, you would need to go into rage mode and mop the floor with them. It's the small things and the details that make a game in my eyes.

I don't know if you are aware but in GTA V the ballas actually own grove street so I thought maybe franklin's story could revolve around grove streets families taking back grove street and overall just gang banging nigger bullshit which can be fun, basically street warfare. There could be mini side quests were you would get drive byed now and again with attempts on your life from enemy gangs. Eventually after beating the ballas there are the mexican gangs that you could go to war with. I think a system like in GTA SA when you could recruit a few gang members to follow you before going into rival hoods would also be a cool idea. While Trevor is more of a manufacturer rather than a street slinger franklin and lamar are on the streets and would have to grind. I think a system like GTA chinatown wars would be awesome where you buy drugs and try to sell them to other people for a profit.

With Michael he is in witness protection and lives in the vinewood hills so he would be the most glamorous out of them all. His story should be like he tried to rob someone and it bites him in the ass or maybe someone he robbed from the past is coming back to try kill him. He also has the mid life crisis thing going for him. I think Michael was my least favourite so I am not going that in depth with him.
Pretty intresting... I'd honestly play your version of the game.

― Thomas Angelo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:56 pm 
Registered Member

I also forgot to mention that the characters should cross paths with each other throughout the story missions like in GTA IV and the DLCs. When niko is robbing the bank louis lopez is in the bank, when johnny and louis make a diamond deal niko robs them and so on. Stuff like that should happen and eventually maybe grow to hate each other?

One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4