It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Rap Music
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:40 am 
CCPD

Judging by most of who is left here it isn't to popular but does anyone fuck with it? And I don't me Migos or Lil Yachty or any of those wack fucks.

Post subject: Re: Rap Music
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:49 am 
Registered Member

I always got a place in my heart for KRS -One and those alike, but I guess that's more or less hip-hop, not rap. Music to me is boundless, there is talent in any genre, you just got to look for it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:08 am 
Registered Member

Hopsin is okay
Shahmen is good
Not sure what else is considered rap that I like, but as for hip-hop, RTJ is the shit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:33 am 
SWAT

I used to really hate rap back in my younger days. But over time I've grown fond of the older stuff. NWA, Spice 1, The Fat Boys, Cypress Hill, Nas, Bone Thugs, Tribe Called Quest, Public Enemy, Schoolly-D, Wu-Tang, Beastie Boys, Geto Boys, De La Soul, Naughty By Nature, Biz Markie, Slick Rick, Grandmaster Flash, Kool Moe Dee, Run DMC, Eric B & Rakim, Kurtis Blow, Sugarhill Gang, etc.

Never thought I'd enjoy it. Same with old school country music, but now I love both. I absolutely loathe contemporary rap and country music though. The only new shit that I like is Lil Dicky's early shit and Trevor Moore. As for new country music, I'd go with Wheeler Walker Jr. Seriously, just check this shit out. It ticks all the boxes for classic country yet it puts a hilarious modern spin on it. Just give it a chance

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a7LmGaTNfCM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hlMKEGWgh ... C3&index=5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:02 pm 
The Cerberus

Whitchity Man wrote:
I used to really hate rap back in my younger days. But over time I've grown fond of the older stuff. NWA, Spice 1, The Fat Boys, Cypress Hill, Nas, Bone Thugs, Tribe Called Quest, Public Enemy, Schoolly-D, Wu-Tang, Beastie Boys, Geto Boys, De La Soul, Naughty By Nature, Biz Markie, Slick Rick, Grandmaster Flash, Kool Moe Dee, Run DMC, Eric B & Rakim, Kurtis Blow, Sugarhill Gang, etc.

Never thought I'd enjoy it. Same with old school country music, but now I love both. I absolutely loathe contemporary rap and country music though. The only new shit that I like is Lil Dicky's early shit and Trevor Moore. As for new country music, I'd go with Wheeler Walker Jr. Seriously, just check this shit out. It ticks all the boxes for classic country yet it puts a hilarious modern spin on it. Just give it a chance

Always good to see when people get to appreciate it, or some of it. Some great names up there. I like the new stuff as well, but nothing that's played on the regular radio, I can't stand that. I like the 90's the most, but the 80's were classic as well.

I feel the same about country, only recently learned to like it a lot more, but mainly just the Outlaw stuff, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, etc. At least that I know of.

I'm appreciating those Wheeler Walker links!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:28 pm 
CCPD

Whitchity Man wrote:

Be loving me some Beastie Boys!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:35 am 
SWAT

Same here. I think Beastie Boys was my first introduction to hip-hop. Funny enough, my mom really liked them when I was younger, so I've always had a spot for them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:54 am 
Registered Member

Hmmm just Eminem and Mike Shinoda I suppose. I'm actually listening to his solo album right now.