It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: ManHunt2 (Vienna cut)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:39 pm 
Registered Member

Hey guys, I know this is old news to some. But seeing how new members are signing up daily I thought this might be relevant to getting everyone up to speed and opening a new discussion on the mythology that surrounds, the development of ManHunt2. The Vienna cut has always been an obsession of mine, particularly one level that ceased to exist in the final product, The Sorority house. I still am (like a fool) optimistic that, what once was might see the light of day. Either by means of plucking it from code or in a well overdue leak. One can only hope.

(Manhunt 2 (Not Leaked) Beta Discussion)

*Jurie Horneman, a producer of Manhunt 2. was surprised to see that two of his levels, the Sorority House and the Musem wasn't in the final game, he said that during the development the levels and story changed multiple times, and it was hard to say what was "intended"

He doesn't remember about the Museum and states that in Sorority House you would scare a Girl student after you infiltrate the place, and then do an Environmental Execution in the Skylight of the room she was.

https://assemblergames.com/threads/manh ... eta.46148/
http://manhunt.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_C ... _2_Content
https://tcrf.net/Manhunt_2
http://www.ign.com/articles/2007/06/08/ ... -manhunt-2
http://www.intelligent-artifice.com/200 ... unt-2.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_Vienna

Last edited by cashlamb on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:39 pm 
Registered Member

I'll see if I can do something similar for Lost Tapes,
I also had an idea that I liked for the original ending of Manhunt 2, when I found out that there were cut levels

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:50 pm 
Registered Member

I would be happy if it were possible to be able to recover something, Rockstar Vienna had also designed most of the lost environment executions.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 pm 
Registered Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:26 pm 
Registered Member

Great thread! This is a VERY interesting subject to me and i've always wondered about how different Vienna's take on Manhunt 2 was and far their development went. I wonder if they ever had any playable build, perhaps deep in R* archives there's still a file about this forgotten version of MH2.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:53 pm 
Registered Member

Thanks, man. :) I find this very fascinating as well.

(Quote )Early ideas for story iterations had the player being a religious fanatic, with god talking to the player instead of Starkweather. That most likely would have caused some outrage
The intent was to give people a different reason to be forced to kill people with executions, something other than snuff films.
One idea was to that the player is a religious fanatic, and instead of Starkweather, you would hear the voice of god in your mind.
That led to the idea that you're basically insane, which led to the sleeper agent idea. At one point before the Leo character was invented, it was supposed to be a ventriloquist doll called "Frisbee" sitting on your shoulder, ordering you to kill people.

The story of the game was changed a couple of times. At one point the game was supposed to have two different ending levels. If you side with Dr Whyte, you would have to find and kill her in her lab (A20_E1). If you side with Leo you have to fight him in your own mind, which was represented by a modified version of the Asylum level (A20_E2). The first one would be a bad ending, while the second one would be the proper ending.
I guess A20_End would then be the location where the first ending was shown.
I'm not totally sure about A21_New_House, I think you played a dream sequence there, it's basically Danny's house before it burnt down.
There were also 5 bonus levels, A22_Bonus1 to A26_Bonus5.

Again, this is all a bit fuzzy in my memory, because things changed quite often. That's the way games are made (at least at Rockstar)...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:14 pm 
Registered Member

cashlamb wrote:

(Quote )Early ideas for story iterations had the player being a religious fanatic, with god talking to the player instead of Starkweather. That most likely would have caused some outrage
The intent was to give people a different reason to be forced to kill people with executions, something other than snuff films.
One idea was to that the player is a religious fanatic, and instead of Starkweather, you would hear the voice of god in your mind.
That led to the idea that you're basically insane, which led to the sleeper agent idea. At one point before the Leo character was invented, it was supposed to be a ventriloquist doll called "Frisbee" sitting on your shoulder, ordering you to kill people.

The story of the game was changed a couple of times. At one point the game was supposed to have two different ending levels. If you side with Dr Whyte, you would have to find and kill her in her lab (A20_E1). If you side with Leo you have to fight him in your own mind, which was represented by a modified version of the Asylum level (A20_E2). The first one would be a bad ending, while the second one would be the proper ending.
I'm not totally sure about A21_New_House, I think you played a dream sequence there, it's basically Danny's house before it burnt down.

Again, this is all a bit fuzzy in my memory, because things changed quite often. That's the way games are made (at least at Rockstar)...

Whoa whoa whoa... What is the source of this information? From which site did you read all this? I'll make an interesting video of all this to Youtube if you give me some sources so i can determine how legit this is.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:17 pm 
Registered Member

https://assemblergames.com/threads/manhunt-2-not-leaked-beta.46148/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:31 pm 
Registered Member

cashlamb wrote:

Quoting an ex-R* Vienna developer who worked on the original Manhunt 2

I am disappointed and outraged that Rockstar Games tries to pretend that Rockstar Vienna and the work we did on Manhunt 2 never happened – the work of over 50 people, who put years of their lives into the project, trying to make the best game they could. I am proud to have been a part of that team.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:47 pm 
Registered Member

Fucked up, for sure. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:14 am 
The Pimps

Lets recruit him

Manhunt Death Wish Mode V01B [MOD]
Manhunt Death Wish Mode 2 [WIP MOD - 47% DONE]
Manhunt 2 Death Wish Mode [WIP MOD - 80% DONE]
killthatguy111's Better HUD Mod v1 [MOD]
Manhunt 2 Joel skin (TLOU) for Leo [SKIN]

relsseS wrote:
But can it see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:02 pm 
Registered Member

This is news to me, I haven't actively followed MH2 for years now. Gave up on R* for good after they made MH1 a downloadable game for PS3, but not PS4, and MH2 was nowhere to be found. Fuck them

Zom-B wrote:
Wouldn't that be strange? To unmask someone and find they look exactly the same underneath.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11982

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:56 pm 
Registered Member

killthatguy111 wrote:
Lets recruit him

I wish.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:18 pm 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
cashlamb wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa... What is the source of this information? From which site did you read all this? I'll make an interesting video of all this to Youtube if you give me some sources so i can determine how legit this is.

So when are you gonna release a YouTube video on this ol goobz? I'm looking forward to it. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:22 pm 
Registered Member

cashlamb wrote:
So when are you gonna release a YouTube video on this ol goobz? I'm looking forward to it. :)

When my chronic fatigue and depression ease up.