It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:24 am 
Registered Member

Hello, I have had an interest in replacing the in game music for Manhunt 2 for some time, but I seem to have hit a snag.
I've read up on how this may be done, via editing the game's FSB files... I recall this excerpt from the forums that got me on the right track

PIGGSY'S REVENGE wrote:
I figured out how to mod the music. The key is to select the music files in fsbank and check "Interleaving Multichannel". Then build the fsb file. With that you can insert any songs you want as background music for a level. Here's an example with muisc from the Branco Office level in Max Payne 3, for A12_Plaza.

All searches I've made correlating to the function to edit FSB files seems to indicate a program in particular, FMOD Designer, as the tool to get the job done, unfortunately it seems to have been discontinued in favor of FMOD Studio, which, also unfortunately, seems to lack this function. If there's anyone here who could offer some help, for example a program that could fill it's place, or a link to the discontinued program or another method of audio file altering all together, I'd greatly appreciate it. If I manage to reach some progress on this, I'd like to share the finished work as a music mod for the community to enjoy as well as me.

Well regardless of the result, thank you for reading, I hope to enjoy my stay here on the forums.