It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:15 am 
Registered Member

So, there are tools already. They are located at the russian sites, however, so there can be some trouble figuring out download links. The tools themselves are in english.
Besides textures and audio, some gta modders are able to read *.bsp and maybe other files, I didn't figure out yet, because people didn't post any tools. They just said something like "Manhunt 2 file formats and structures are between GTA VCS and GTA IV" and that there is a documentation for reading *.bsp files. Will look into this later.

Textures

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=489295 - Manhunt 2 TEX Workshop v1.1 beta
At the end of the OP post there will be a link to a russian site, click it and then click "Скачать с сервера" on the opened page.

Textures for each level are located in Manhunt 2\levels subfolders.

To locate a specific level, use the following aliases:

01 Awakening - A01_Escape_Asylum
    02 Ghosts - A02_The_Old_House
    03 Sexual Deviants - A04_SM_Nightclub
    04 Red Light - A07_Tolerance_Zone
    05 Best Friends - A14_SugarFactory
    06 Safe house - A07_2Tolerance_Zone
    07 Bees Honey Pot - A10_Brothel
    08 Assassination - A12_Plaza
    09 Most Wanted - A06_CIA_Trap
    10 Ritual Cleansing - A09_Burn
    11 Origins - A11_Medicine_Lab
    12 Broadcast Interrupted - A16_TV_Studio
    13 Altered State - A17_Creepy_Farm
    14 Domestic Disturbance - A03_Neighbourhood
    15 Personality Clash - A15_Cemetery
    16 Release Therapy - A18_Manor

On the left are the names of the level you see in-game. On the right - the names of the folders their textures are stored at.

In each folder there are three *.tex files: modelspc.tex, picload_pc.tex and scene1_pc.tex. picload_pc.tex holds a picture shown while the level is being loaded. The other two have all the level textures, including for hunter models (only those that are present in the level).

Decoding audio

For audio files (music/hunter speech/etc.), Manhunt 2 utilizes *.fsb format. It is FMOD's sample bank format, frequently used on consoles. Manhunt 2 audio decodes correctly with a console program "towav", which is not at the least user-friendly. The results are wav files. Some other tools decode fsb too, but VLC fails to play the resulting *.wav files (this is the case with at least fsbext tool I checked). Towav works excellently.

Download from page: http://www.ctpax-x.ru/index.php?goto=fi ... 24&lang=en
Scroll down to see " >>> Download <<<" and click it.

How to decode:
- Create a new folder, where are you going to decode files from ONE fsb file.
- Copy that fsb file in this new folder.
- Copy ConvAll.bat and towav.exe in this new folder.
- Run ConvAll.bat and it will generate your *.wav files (a shitload of them if you are decoding speech).

Music:
Look Manhunt 2\audio\PC\Music subfolders for *.fsb files. Take first 8 characters from the level alias ("A04_SM_Nightclub" becomes "A04_SM_N") to get the folder's name. Yeah, you can rip the music directly from the game files now. Sexual Deviants has 7 tracks in it.

Hunter voices (speech/being executed):
Look Manhunt 2\audio\PC\Speech (DON'T GO INTO SUBFOLDERS).
Unpacking *.fsb speech files with towav program will generate 500-2000+ wav files, depending on the level.

In most levels, Leo encouraging/etc. voices are mapped at 189-299. Some of the Leo's speech I have never encountered in the game, and it is actually better than the one's I've heared.
In Personality Clash, however, Dr. Whyte's voices are mapped at 189-215.
There is a problem with many speech files though, the last word is often cut, and is probably present in another track. Whyte's voices, however, are decoded fully intact. Developers must have separated the last second in additional tracks, to complicate the ripping process...
Also, there seems to be a lot residual/unused voices from earlier drafts of the levels: Awakening has voices of Leo and Pickman as hunters (they are also featured in "Personality Clash", and are actually used there), Legion voices, as well as some voices I couldn't identify.

For replacing audio, you will need some other tools - the ones that can generate an *.fsb file from a bunch of wavs.

Update: I uploaded tools on mediafire. http://www.mediafire.com/?x4yjto4bivmi95d - download not avaiable anymore
Update 2: I reuploaded tools on mediafire, but I'm afraid they will get deleted again, so somebody please upload them reliably somewhere and post a link: http://www.mediafire.com/?2wtxdafp624h9kb

Last edited by Bloodthirst on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:07 pm 
Registered Member

Any way to extract/replace textures in Manhunt 1? It's been asked before plenty of times to no answer. Most believe the textures are encoded into 1 level file.

Zom-B wrote:
Wouldn't that be strange? To unmask someone and find they look exactly the same underneath.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11982

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:40 pm 
Registered Member

Doubt it would ever happen but it would be sweet if someone found a way to get those extra hunters from Sexual Deviants on the PC and Wii into the PSP and PS2 versions.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:25 pm 
Registered Member

Uploaded tools once again at http://www.mediafire.com/?2wtxdafp624h9kb and updated the original post with a new link. Not sure if it won't get deleted again, maybe upload them somewhere else?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:44 pm 
Registered Member

Thanks but I got those tools already

Quote:
For replacing audio, you will need some other tools - the ones that can generate an *.fsb file from a bunch of wavs.

They're the ones I need!

Edit: Nevermind I got it (FMOD API)

5 New Hunter models

Last edited by Megahoff on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:58 pm 
The Watchdogs

relsseS wrote:
Any way to extract/replace textures in Manhunt 1? It's been asked before plenty of times to no answer. Most believe the textures are encoded into 1 level file.

Plenty of times? I think I would have answered this if I'd have seen it.

It's absolutely possible. You just open the TXD archive of the level you want, export the texture and do whatever you want, then import to replace it. Cash and the other playable models are kept seperate from the level files.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:10 am 
Registered Member

Greetz fellas! Try to change the blood textures in mh_fx_pc.tex but when I replace texture alpha channel is white texture. When replacing alpha with tga the texture is also overwritten o_O when using Megahoff's beta mod and replacing mh_fx_pc.tex with original one to get bright blood back the triangle/beta blood still in environmental executions. Just want to get the original blood back like in the extended executions clip by on youtube. Looking forward

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:22 pm 
Registered Member

The media files don't work anymore, and neither does the Russian site. I only need to extract the audio. Is there anywhere else I can get the tools?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:31 pm 
Registered Member

shotgunfacelift wrote:
The media files don't work anymore, and neither does the Russian site. I only need to extract the audio. Is there anywhere else I can get the tools?

You're late you dumb fuck! Next time check the last post date.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:33 pm 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
shotgunfacelift wrote:

I know I'm late. That's why I asked if anyone knows where else I can find it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:12 pm 
Registered Member

shotgunfacelift wrote:
Gooby wrote:
shotgunfacelift wrote:

Just search for it on the internet.

My Manhunt 2 Uzi With Flashlight Mod

My Doom WADs:
BADLANDS.WAD
CATACOMBS.WAD
DOOMHUNT.WAD
LIFEORDEATH.WAD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:50 pm 
Registered Member

Da Eediot wrote:
shotgunfacelift wrote:
Gooby wrote:
shotgunfacelift wrote:

Yeah, I tried that. FSB Extractor works great for everything except for the music files, the .wavs it extracts are unplayable.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:51 pm 
Registered Member

shotgunfacelift wrote:
Da Eediot wrote:
shotgunfacelift wrote:
Gooby wrote:
shotgunfacelift wrote:

Yeah, I tried that. FSB Extractor works great for everything except for the music files, the .wavs it extracts are unplayable.

I don't know how to help you. I've never edited the audio. You could try converting the .wav files into .mp3 files. That might get it to play, but I doubt it.

My Manhunt 2 Uzi With Flashlight Mod

My Doom WADs:
BADLANDS.WAD
CATACOMBS.WAD
DOOMHUNT.WAD
LIFEORDEATH.WAD