It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:23 pm 
Registered Member

Does this ever happen with you guys? I've noticed that Manhunt 1, specifically, has had a deep subconscious effect on my mind over the years. I often dream about Carcer City and the general dystopian atmosphere it has. But i dream about it in a very deep and personal way as if i actually lived in Carcer City and my brain is just recalling scenarios and memories from my hours awake. I think it's partly because i'm naturally disconnected from the real world and tend to immerse myself in fictional universes and characters instead.

So i may have tricked my brain into thinking that it's the reality... in other words, i seem to be in a Manhunt themed high-functioning psychosis 24/7. For those unfamiliar with psychological terms: my brain thinks i'm living in the universe of Manhunt, but it doesn't cause me any problems with my day to day life though. No wonder i consider other men as potential threats and always carry a switchblade and a heavy wrench in my pockets.

My question is: How deeply has Manhunt and its dark, cynical theme affected your mind and life? Does it only cross your mind when you're checking on this forum or is Manhunt something that is always in your mind, be it subconscious or not?

Listen to this track while reading so you can realize how fucked up Gooby is in the head.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:39 pm 
The Red Kings

Gooby wrote:
Does this ever happen with you guys? I've noticed that Manhunt 1, specifically, has had a deep subconscious effect on my mind over the years. I often dream about Carcer City and the general dystopian atmosphere it has. But i dream about it in a very deep and personal way as if i actually lived in Carcer City and my brain is just recalling scenarios and memories from my hours awake. I think it's partly because i'm naturally disconnected from the real world and tend to immerse myself in fictional universes and characters instead.

So i may have tricked my brain into thinking that it's the reality... in other words, i seem to be in a Manhunt themed high-functioning psychosis 24/7. For those unfamiliar with psychological terms: my brain thinks i'm living in the universe of Manhunt, but it doesn't cause me any problems with my day to day life though. No wonder i consider other men as potential threats and always carry a switchblade and a heavy wrench in my pockets.

My question is: How deeply has Manhunt and its dark, cynical theme affected your mind and life? Does it only cross your mind when you're checking on this forum or is Manhunt something that is always in your mind, be it subconscious or not?

Listen to this track while reading so you can realize how fucked up Gooby is in the head.

Manhunt has been with me for years. I first got a copy in 6th grade. I used manhunt as a way to escape my shitty life growing up. It wasn't shitty as in where i lived or anything, it was shitty in i didn't get to grow up normally like a kid. I got to sleep over at a cousin's house maybe once a year. My school life and home life were completely separate. Apart from family members i was pretty much a loner and antisocial due to not having any interaction with kids outside of school. Manhunt with its dark violent themes helped me escape into the darkest corner of my mind and i learned to be happy there and live inside my mind a lot. I often wrote manhunt fan fic at school in a extra notebook i had, that helped me deal with being a outsider going to a sports oriented school. Manhunt pretty much kept me alive during my early teens in middle school till i graduated high school and manhunt is on my mind more than a normal person should so yeah I've dreamed about it often, i also carry a switchblade in my pocket.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:52 pm 
Registered Member

Carcer City Hood wrote:
Manhunt has been with me for years. I first got a copy in 6th grade. I used manhunt as a way to escape my shitty life growing up. It wasn't shitty as in where i lived or anything, it was shitty in i didn't get to grow up normally like a kid. I got to sleep over at a cousin's house maybe once a year. My school life and home life were completely separate. Apart from family members i was pretty much a loner and antisocial due to not having any interaction with kids outside of school. Manhunt with its dark violent themes helped me escape into the darkest corner of my mind and i learned to be happy there and live inside my mind a lot. I often wrote manhunt fan fic at school in a extra notebook i had, that helped me deal with being a outsider going to a sports oriented school. Manhunt pretty much kept me alive during my early teens in middle school till i graduated high school and manhunt is on my mind more than a normal person should so yeah I've dreamed about it often, i also carry a switchblade in my pocket.

Jesus, you've told us about your past before, but i really like hearing about it. You got a really dark and lonesome past, don't ya, man? I've had a shitty life too and i like to associate reality with the dark and hopeless universe of Manhunt because it helps me convince myself that the world really is gory, cynical and depressing by its pure nature, so it has less to do with just me and more with how the things just are, y'know.

I just can't stand the fact that most people seem to be enjoying their ''perfect'' lives so i immerse and convince myself that life is just as bad for everyone as it's portrayed in Manhunt.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:32 am 
The Red Kings

Yes childhood life for me was a pretty lonely abyss. I went to school but i didn't fit in there, as I've said it was sports oriented and gym class was pushed on everyone hard. Me not being gifted a physically healthy body i hated it a lot. Other kids looked at me weird, gave me shit for talking different. At playground time id sit under the play equipment and wish i could hurt them all somehow. At home shit was worse i was a quiet kid who liked movies, reading and video games. The rest of my extended family liked sports, cars and beer and couldn't understand me. Sometimes i was dragged outside to play sports by my bigger cousins even though i didn't want to play. Or taken into a garage by a uncle to work on cars even though i had no interest in them. When i reached my teens i started spending a lot of time in the woods by myself away from all the assholes who pushed me around and called me weak and a pussy for being different then them. Fuck them all! Manhunt and the early gta games helped me escape that fucking nightmare by giving me weapons and targets to vent on, made me feel better about being me. I enjoyed all the gore and making fuckers suffer especially putting the severed limbs cheat on gta 3 and shooting thier fucking limbs off making them fucking bleed to death on the fucking concrete like the weak jock, alcoholic grease monkeys they are!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:19 am 
Registered Member

What a shame this thread got so little attention. I'd have loved to hear what effect has Manhunt had on our sexy Brit and ofc on our newer guy, Omelette.

I'm sure Manhunt has made you both sweeter, kinder, and a better person overall.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:23 am 
Registered Member

I have not been so lucky, Although i have daydreams and deep thoughts about it. However I doubt it's the same experience. In your post you don't mention whether or not you enjoy these dreams. Let me know more about them I am interested. Manhunt has certainly had an effect on me but only rather recently. The first Manhunt came out when I was 4 or 5 and due to the stigma surrounding it I believe I was never bought a copy to play. I only played it a handful of times when I younger. It was a few months ago that I decided I would get the both of them on PC and since then there has been a void that no game has been able to fill. Not even the second Manhunt managed to fill the void the first one created in my opinion. So yeah there is something about it, maybe it is the eerie dystopian feel to Carcer City that really sucks you in. More than a few times i have pictured myself being Cash and just in the setting in general. I just can't put my finger on the true effect it had on me, maybe someone else would better explain it. I felt I related to the game due to experiences and fantasties.

While on the subject i do also carry various things on my person. Some form of a knife or sharp instrument is usually hidden somewhere in the pocket or waistband but do to legal issues and not moral issues you can't just use it willy nilly and there is a time and place for that sort of thing, so I tend to also have something that is viewed upon less seriously if used. Something blunt, a big wrench is a good one but it really just depends on my mood. Lately it's been a small hatchet. My thinking behind it is the hammer side of the axe could be used in like i said less serious situations. Saves me taking a hammer and a blade separately. I carry what I carry because of some real world threats because of the environment I live in at the moment and I cant say its not my fault. I am very interested in weapons and have a vast collection if anyone has that in common let me know.

This is my first post of the forums, I go by Sweet Tooth and I would like to say hi.

One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:41 am 
The Red Kings

Sweet Tooth wrote:
I have not been so lucky, Although i have daydreams and deep thoughts about it. However I doubt it's the same experience. In your post you don't mention whether or not you enjoy these dreams. Let me know more about them I am interested. Manhunt has certainly had an effect on me but only rather recently. The first Manhunt came out when I was 4 or 5 and due to the stigma surrounding it I believe I was never bought a copy to play. I only played it a handful of times when I younger. It was a few months ago that I decided I would get the both of them on PC and since then there has been a void that no game has been able to fill. Not even the second Manhunt managed to fill the void the first one created in my opinion. So yeah there is something about it, maybe it is the eerie dystopian feel to Carcer City that really sucks you in. More than a few times i have pictured myself being Cash and just in the setting in general. I just can't put my finger on the true effect it had on me, maybe someone else would better explain it. I felt I related to the game due to experiences and fantasties.

While on the subject i do also carry various things on my person. Some form of a knife or sharp instrument is usually hidden somewhere in the pocket or waistband but do to legal issues and not moral issues you can't just use it willy nilly and there is a time and place for that sort of thing, so I tend to also have something that is viewed upon less seriously if used. Something blunt, a big wrench is a good one but it really just depends on my mood. Lately it's been a small hatchet. My thinking behind it is the hammer side of the axe could be used in like i said less serious situations. Saves me taking a hammer and a blade separately. I carry what I carry because of some real world threats because of the environment I live in at the moment and I cant say its not my fault. I am very interested in weapons and have a vast collection if anyone has that in common let me know.

This is my first post of the forums, I go by Sweet Tooth and I would like to say hi.

Welcome to the forum, no YouTube spamming messages, prepare to be shit on a bit for being new here till you earn your place here, posting daily helps this. We are if nothing a group of world wide outcast friends clinging to the rotten corpse of a dead game franchise.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:36 am 
Registered Member

Carcer City Hood wrote:
Sweet Tooth wrote:

Welcome to the forum, no YouTube spamming messages, prepare to be shit on a bit for being new here till you earn your place here, posting daily helps this. We are if nothing a group of world wide outcast friends clinging to the rotten corpse of a dead game franchise.

Thank you, I try to go for quality over quantity but I will contribute what i can and check in daily. I will have a look at some older posts not to ask questions that have already been asked and so on but I look forward to sparking some interesting conversations .

One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:43 am 
Registered Member

Ya, it also had an effect on me as well but for me mostly mancunt 2,
u see i first heard about the game (2) in i believe 2011, and they definitely
had an impact on my life to say the least. Went i first played manhunt 2 i was no joke
13yrs and it was the pirated version, why the pirated version, well because my parents
definitely were not gonna by me an ADULTS ONLY game, thats besides the
point, just like u guys tho it was an escape, that being said i played alot, i played it (2) first
then mancunt 1 but they both were entertaining, that being said ive beat mancunt around 3
times, (2) on pc (1) on og xbox, as for manhunt 2 oh boy, at least 10 to 11 times ive beatin
it, sure mostly for fun but like in said its a long story, anyways i think it was something
like (6) times on pc and (4) on psp cut and uncut.
Just like u guys i was and still am a recluse.
I would tell more but i fell it drags on
if u wanna here more just ask.