All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Favorite gang...
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:36 pm 
Registered Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:15 pm 
Registered Member

Gaydust wrote:
They should have had a gang of naked gay guys that gang up and cum in your butt and then tickle you so much you fart the cum out

What the fuck :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:07 am 
Registered Member

I like the skinz the only thing that pisses me of is that Ramirez just walks in snaps one of their necks and they all get scared shitless and carry out his orders. Taking shit from that nigger spic.

One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:27 am 
Registered Member

Sweet Tooth wrote:
I like the skinz the only thing that pisses me of is that Ramirez just walks in snaps one of their necks and they all get scared shitless and carry out his orders. Taking shit from that nigger spic.

Though as far as i can recall, that nigger was built like a motherfucking tank. Hell, he's one of the only guys capable of countering Cash's stealth kills. I felt bad for our man Cash when Ramirez beat the shit out of him in that cutscene.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:30 am 
Registered Member

Totenkopf

One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 3:40 am 
SWAT

Sweet Tooth wrote:

That basically happens in real life as well. One of the Skinz probably bitched about it on a message board too, I'll bet.

In the first few years after Manhunt it was always the Smilies. But after dozens of playthroughs I would have to say it's SWAT. One mistake and they pump 20 rounds into you before Cash even hits the floor. Props to the Cerberus who have the coolest apparel though.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:45 am 
Registered Member

What's the most combat efficient gang of MH1 though?

Since most MH1 gangs consist of just untrained sociopaths acting on either violent impulse or insanity, this obviously leaves only the few combat trained gangs to compare to each other. The only professionally trained ones are presumably the CCPD, SWAT and the Cerberus... and MAYBE, just maybe the Wardogs though they seem like just wanna-be soldiers, but i bet at least some of them got a little experience or half-arsed training so i'll include them too.

First the CCPD, they got the basic cop training to have the know-how on operating handguns efficiently, probably some basic boxing and wrestling training too, and how to utilize a nightstick in a non-lethal fashion, even though they clearly do not give a fuck.

SWAT are much more lethally trained and prepared than cops, and as far as i know from the irl counterpart, they've got a much more advanced training in automatic firearms and squad tactics. So in addition to being significantly more lethal and coordinated than the cops, they're probably trained to stay ice cold calm under the most stressful situations so they can keep their aim straight and their mind cool and calculated.

The Cerberus... these are some real tough bastards. Armed to the fucking teeth and with all of them having extensive mercenary or spec op backgrounds. Based on their equipment, radio communication and combat profiency, these fuckers probably got the elite, best of the best level of training in most types of firearms and even unarmed CQC based on cutscenes. You would expect their red goggles to have night vision capability, but they don't and that's pretty much the only reason Cash survived.

So yeah... thought about this for a while and The Cerberus are clearly the toughest and coolest looking fuckers in MH1!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:35 pm 
Registered Member

Agreed. It's still insane to me how Cash managed to give the Cerberus the slip in the first place, back in that garage. Those missions were definitely the most intense, hiding from the Cerberus, who seemed like such an unstoppable and immortal force when they were kidnapping you over and over throughout the game. I remember being really intimidated by them as a kid, and actually fighting them scared the fuck outta me. When I saw those guns with the flashlights, I knew I was really in for it.

Zom-B wrote:
Wouldn't that be strange? To unmask someone and find they look exactly the same underneath.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11982

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:46 pm 
The Cerberus

Being the resident forum leader of them, Cerberus. They'd also probably be the most combat efficient, though in the game they're somewhat incompetent.

And not really a gang, so favorite gang is either Smilies or Wardogs. And my favorite character is Ramirez, that scene with the Skinz mentioned is wild.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:00 am 
Registered Member

Just noticed the other day that you're the first registered member of this forum, holy fuck. You gotta stay here until the last day just out of pure obligation at this point.

The Smilies are an easy win for me, just because they have the best setting. I've always been fascinated with abandoned asylums, hence my love for Outlast which definitely had Manhunt vibes throughout.

But as I've gotten older, the Cerberus are fucking legit. Starkweather's mansion was just so creepy, and the vibe of "I'm here getting revenge on the guy who's been talking to me the entire game, this is it, this is what it comes down to" is just so great. I always kinda hated the Skinz just because I had a hard time beating their levels as a kid. I've still never been able to 5 star all the levels and unlock the bonus missions without using the pc trainer. I suck at being "perfect" in games which is why I hate games like Dark Souls, Bloodborne, or any fucking timed missions. I'm thinking of DK64 and Simpsons Hit and Run while mentioning bullshit timed missions. Those games had the smallest fucking windows for errors, it was ridiculous. Human error is inevitable.

Zom-B wrote:
Wouldn't that be strange? To unmask someone and find they look exactly the same underneath.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11982

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:15 pm 
The Cerberus

relsseS wrote:
Just noticed the other day that you're the first registered member of this forum, holy fuck. You gotta stay here until the last day just out of pure obligation at this point.

The Smilies are an easy win for me, just because they have the best setting. I've always been fascinated with abandoned asylums, hence my love for Outlast which definitely had Manhunt vibes throughout.

But as I've gotten older, the Cerberus are fucking legit. Starkweather's mansion was just so creepy, and the vibe of "I'm here getting revenge on the guy who's been talking to me the entire game, this is it, this is what it comes down to" is just so great. I always kinda hated the Skinz just because I had a hard time beating their levels as a kid. I've still never been able to 5 star all the levels and unlock the bonus missions without using the pc trainer. I suck at being "perfect" in games which is why I hate games like Dark Souls, Bloodborne, or any fucking timed missions. I'm thinking of DK64 and Simpsons Hit and Run while mentioning bullshit timed missions. Those games had the smallest fucking windows for errors, it was ridiculous. Human error is inevitable.

True, signed up straight outta the imdb boards where we were a few people discussing Manhunt. Been a long time, but I intend to stay, even with not being very active.

The Smilies also have some of the best quotes, but I've gotten to appreciate The Innocentz more recently.