It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:23 am 
Registered Member

When you think of Manhunt, you think of a dingy and dark alleyway. Not so much a firefight with assault rifles and magnums.
Getting up close and personal as a classic serial killer to a scat or child molesting freak to kill, while knowing it's recording you for sexually deprived perverts is what made the games for me. Even Rockstar themselves said they were mainly focused on stealth.

So did guns kill Manhunt's horror vibe? It just went into straight up action survival halfway through. There was no tension, or bother to attention to details when you're waiting behind a bush. The first person mode is completely useless at that point too since you are basically running around and enemies start opening up when they hear a damn mouse. You're only focused on how many rounds for your Mac 11 are left. What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:11 am 
Registered Member

No, for me guns enhanced the atmosphere... wait, let me correct myself, they WOULD have if the damage had been done realistically. As in dying or getting severely wounded from just one shot like in ARMA for example (totally different genre, i know). But since Cash can absorb more bullets than a drug addict wearing a nanosuit, there's none of that tension that "Ah fuck, these guys got guns, i'm fucked if they see me!". At the very least R* could have made headshots lethal for Cash too, but no they didn't. Also, the AI is different in the gun levels so it's clear R* didn't even try to include any survival aspect to them, other than shoot people till you find painkillers so you can repeat. The firearm levels should have the same fear-factor as in Deliverance when Piggsy's stalking you, but only with armed thugs/soldiers/spec ops. Even on the hard mode (what was it called again? It was sane & insane in MH2) you can take ridiculous amount of dmg from guns and survive, in Mancunt games this is extra noticeable cause the setting is realistic. Sure you can exploit through many of these run n gun situations, but it's annoying as fuck cause the AI's so different in them.

Deagle195: Gooby's lifestyle is not life at all... it's existing (paraphrased)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:06 pm 
Registered Member

I hate those only guns levels.
For me it completely destory atmosphere.
I would prefer to have more fun with chainsaw instead 8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:45 am 
Registered Member

Nermskin wrote:
When you think of Manhunt, you think of a dingy and dark alleyway. Not so much a firefight with assault rifles and magnums.
Getting up close and personal as a classic serial killer to a scat or child molesting freak to kill, while knowing it's recording you for sexually deprived perverts is what made the games for me. Even Rockstar themselves said they were mainly focused on stealth.

So did guns kill Manhunt's horror vibe? It just went into straight up action survival halfway through. There was no tension, or bother to attention to details when you're waiting behind a bush. The first person mode is completely useless at that point too since you are basically running around and enemies start opening up when they hear a damn mouse. You're only focused on how many rounds for your Mac 11 are left. What do you guys think?

Stealth is my personal favorite game genre. There's nothing more that i love in a game then waiting in the dark, watching my victim move about, thinking of which weapon to use. In rpg games like elder scrolls or fallout i always make my character stealthy preferably using knives. Stealth takes patience and planning which is something i believe many gamers today lack, its all run in guns blazing. Manhunt is always my stealth game of choice though because to me its stealth at its greatest and Manhunt 1 will always be my favorite game of all time.

You may have seen our tags around Carcer City, that's right the Hoods.... your friendly neighborhood thugs. You need to pull a hospital on somebody, got a old teacher that still pisses you off after all these years, did that cop actually give you a parking ticket? Give my associates and me a call and we will personally fix any problems you may have.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:30 am 
Registered Member

True what Carcer said. Gamers these days ain't got no patience whatsoever. It's all about Cod style online MP deathmatching and screaming in the mic who fucked whose mother, nowadays. The good ol' days of Thief, Manhunt and real Splinter Cell (1-4) are over. I don't follow any gaming trends at all especially since it's all about online gaming with Mickey Mouse sounding autistic fucks now. The last game i genuinely enjoyed was DOOM and Dishonored 2, mainly because they're gory as fuck and the latter one's a stealth game.

I bet Deagle's all cock hard & hyped for Cock of Shit: WWII

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:28 pm 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
True what Carcer said. Gamers these days ain't got no patience whatsoever. It's all about Cod style online MP deathmatching and screaming in the mic who fucked whose mother, nowadays. The good ol' days of Thief, Manhunt and real Splinter Cell (1-4) are over. I don't follow any gaming trends at all especially since it's all about online gaming with Mickey Mouse sounding autistic fucks now. The last game i genuinely enjoyed was DOOM and Dishonored 2, mainly because they're gory as fuck and the latter one's a stealth game.

I bet Deagle's all cock hard & hyped for Cock of Shit: WWII

Yeah online multiplayer games are ruining gaming because no developers give a shit about single player and i personally blame cod online multiplayer for making gaming culture change by making it popular for everyone to play. I actually miss the days where being a gamer made you a nerd or at least a weirdo.

You may have seen our tags around Carcer City, that's right the Hoods.... your friendly neighborhood thugs. You need to pull a hospital on somebody, got a old teacher that still pisses you off after all these years, did that cop actually give you a parking ticket? Give my associates and me a call and we will personally fix any problems you may have.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:25 pm 
Registered Member

Stealth games, I would recomended to anyone(besides Manhunt of course):
1.Dishonored
2.Dishonored
3.Dishonored

Also don't play this new Thief - it's not even half good as orginal series.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:37 pm 
Registered Member

lee wrote:
1.Dishonored
2.Dishonored
3.Dishonored

I actually liked the new thief, preordered it even. You gotta kinda separate it from the originals and look at as a different game entirely just called Thief

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:00 pm 
Registered Member

Carcer City Hood wrote:
lee wrote:
1.Dishonored
2.Dishonored
3.Dishonored

I actually liked the new thief, preordered it even. You gotta kinda separate it from the originals and look at as a different game entirely just called Thief

Well, I am orginal Thief series veteran so my opion may be SUPER subjective.
For other fans of old thief:
http://www.thedarkmod.com/main/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:05 pm 
Registered Member

lee wrote:
Carcer City Hood wrote:
lee wrote:
1.Dishonored
2.Dishonored
3.Dishonored

Well, I am orginal Thief series veteran so my opion may be SUPER subjective.
For other fans of old thief:
http://www.thedarkmod.com/main/

You sir, are now officially a good friend of Gooby.

It's a shame the linked forum below died few years back. I had been there since i was fucking 13.
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83

When other brats were playing COD and Halo during my childhood, i was sneaking around in mansions and stealing the goods & gems from rich taffers.

Gold, Metal Age and Deadly Shadows in one box and THIEF the not-so-good, but still okay reboot in just a basic DVD case.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:31 pm 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
-dumb post-

Do you really have to derail every topic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:52 pm 
Registered Member

Deagle195 wrote:
Gooby wrote:
-dumb post-

Do you really have to derail every topic

I did? Scroll this page again you dumb Russian shit. I actually gave an in-depth opinion of firearms in Manhunt in the first reply. Lee started recommending stealth games and soon people started talking about Thief which i only mentioned previously.

Anyway, when will you fly to Finland and come visit my apartment?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:25 pm 
Registered Member

Manhunt if i remember correctly was the first game that made me love the stealth genre. It had that dark, dirty feeling for violence that i felt was constantly in my mind (still is there) when i first played it when i was like 13-14. I played manhunt 1 obsessively the first 2-3 months i had it even skipped school a day or two. I found a old petrified wooden bat that was broken to were i only had the hitting end and part of the handle buried half in the ground, i ducktaped the handle end and made it into a black jack like JEC had in manhunt.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:39 am 
Registered Member

Guns were paced appropriately in MH1. They started out slow, gave you a few gunfights, kept your ammo scarce, then took your guns away in order to keep you from feeling too safe. I remember getting that first revolver in the mall, breaking the glass and hearing "Now we're cooking with gas" and just thinking "holy shit, this is getting intense"

MH2 as we all know was developed by an outlier R* team that just didn't understand MH1 or give a shit about its impact. Once you get guns in MH2, it's just a shootout until the very end with seemingly infinite ammo, and gun executions? Lame.

Zom-B wrote:
Wouldn't that be strange? To unmask someone and find they look exactly the same underneath.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11982

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:42 am 
Registered Member

relsseS wrote:
Guns were paced appropriately in MH1. They started out slow, gave you a few gunfights, kept your ammo scarce, then took your guns away in order to keep you from feeling too safe. I remember getting that first revolver in the mall, breaking the glass and hearing "Now we're cooking with gas" and just thinking "holy shit, this is getting intense"

MH2 as we all know was developed by an outlier R* team that just didn't understand MH1 or give a shit about its impact. Once you get guns in MH2, it's just a shootout until the very end with seemingly infinite ammo, and gun executions? Lame.

Yes i also found the gun executions lame they seemed out of place to me.