It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ideas for modding
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:39 am 
Registered Member

We all know that both Manhunt games are restricted when it comes to modding and the only elements that can altered are textures and skin packs ( which is a total sham). This can mostly be attributed to the unavailability of the SDK, a necessary component for almost any major or minor modifications besides skins. What would you add to the game? I would add a level editor, new weapons, advanced melee combat system, new executions and several new elements to the execution system such as combat and mercy executions.

Post subject: Re: Ideas for modding
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:50 am 
Registered Member

I am not much of a modder but everything you said I would agree with, I would love a more in depth melee system as I love melee plus having a level creator would be good because we would have endless fun!

One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:37 am 
Registered Member

OctaneReaper wrote:
We all know that both Manhunt games are restricted when it comes to modding and the only elements that can altered are textures and skin packs ( which is a total sham). This can mostly be attributed to the unavailability of the SDK, a necessary component for almost any major or minor modifications besides skins. What would you add to the game? I would add a level editor, new weapons, advanced melee combat system, new executions and several new elements to the execution system such as combat and mercy executions.

Sadly you cannot do anything with the game but the first two options you suggested, though both are very limited. Proper level editing was only done by ermaccer and if new weapons were to be added they'd have to use existing parent entity. Like you can add AK without replacing original Assault Rifle but you can't make it have new sounds yet you can give it new stats.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:00 am 
Registered Member

Deagle195 wrote:
OctaneReaper wrote:

Sadly you cannot do anything with the game but the first two options you suggested, though both are very limited. Proper level editing was only done by ermaccer and if new weapons were to be added they'd have to use existing parent entity. Like you can add AK without replacing original Assault Rifle but you can't make it have new sounds yet you can give it new stats.

Y is gta modin so much easier rven thi i theyr on the same engien.? wqs tus rockstars edecision?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:47 pm 
Registered Member

Never been big on the idea of modding the Manhunt series. (as in adding upon) This game is the nearest to perfection your gonna get when it comes to gaming I belive. Though I do wish there was a way to recover the "what was" cause this is what I find so fascinating about the franchise it the cut off fat, The unfiltered intentions of R*/Vienna's concept that sadly fell prey, to the felt tip of a black sharpy pen. But this is all water under the bridge at this point. :cry:

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:30 pm 
Registered Member

A first person mod would be fucking awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:20 am 
Registered Member

Still alive? I have ideas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:41 am 
Registered Member

I've been trying to add that kicking animation to regular melee but i'm stupid.
It somewhat works....