It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: My Manhunt Retrospective
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:46 pm 
Registered Member

Hey everyone. I made a long video retrospective on Manhunt recently and I thought that this would be the perfect place to get a discussion going.

Here's the video in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp7Vhq-vAsw

I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:36 am 
Registered Member

Excellent video man! Hope you do one for ManHunt2, There's a lot to work with once you check into the shut down of Vienna R* and all the cut content/Dev credit that came with it. A great deal of lore comes with its sequel. Keep up the great work!

Last edited by cashlamb on Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:26 am 
Registered Member

cashlamb wrote:
Excellent video man! Hope you do one for ManHunt2, There's a lot to work with once you check into the shut down of Vienna R* and all the cut content/Dev credit that came with it. A great deal of lore comes with its sequel. Enjoyed so much that I followed you on twitter. My page is 8mmAudio (music/vids influenced by my appreciation for this series) Keep up the great work!

Wow thanks a million, I really appreciate the fact you enjoyed it! Actually, I'm hoping to do a video on Manhunt 2 down the line because there's so much to discuss with that game. I just felt the need to put my opinion on the original out there, as I feel Manhunt really doesn't get discussed enough or is often brushed aside as a mindless murder simulator. Man, it's so much more than that.

I'll be sure to check out your page! And really thanks so much for taking even a second out of your day to watch my video.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:38 am 
Registered Member

It was my pleasure brother. Love that you're shining the spotlight down on this very underrated masterpiece. I will be looking forward to the next. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:24 pm 
The Red Kings

Great video i subscribed to your YouTube channel.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:49 pm 
Registered Member

The media really hated Manhunt

http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:49 pm 
SWAT

Great video, dude. I'm always glad to see that there are others who realize Manhunt is really quite brilliant when you take a deep analysis of it. Like you said in your video, every element in the game fits so well that it really feels like you are in Cash's shoes. I give you credit for taking the time to create a well thought out and articulate view of this bloody masterpiece.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:31 pm 
Registered Member

Sweet Tooth wrote:
The media really hated Manhunt

The media really did warp the public's perception of the game. I hate the fact that Manhunt 1 it was dismissed as merely a violent, hollow shell looking to shock people - it was so much more. Manhunt 2's media coverage was borderline insane...

Whitchity Man wrote:
Great video, dude. I'm always glad to see that there are others who realize Manhunt is really quite brilliant when you take a deep analysis of it. Like you said in your video, every element in the game fits so well that it really feels like you are in Cash's shoes. I give you credit for taking the time to create a well thought out and articulate view of this bloody masterpiece.

Wow, thanks so much for the feedback. I'm also happy to see that there are other people out there that appreciate Manhunt - it gets nowhere near the credit it deserves for what it was trying to achieve.

Carcer City Hood wrote:
Great video i subscribed to your YouTube channel.

All I can say is I'm delighted you enjoyed the video and I appreciate the hell out of the support.