It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:36 am 
Registered Member

I had previously wrote this but it got deleted when I was automatically logged out. I regained the will to live and thought I should suck it up and rewrite it.
Just like the title says this thread is on the gangs of Manhunt, why they were formed and what keeps them ticking. This is all my personal thoughts and you may agree/disagree. Everyone has their own thoughts and imagination not to mention their own favourite gang, no doubt we will have different depictions of them. If you want to correct me on anything or just want to share your opinions please do. So lets start with my favourite gang.

Smileys
So obviously there was a big prison riot in which the guards were overthrown by the inmates. Without order inside the prison I can only imagine that chaos and murder ensued, leading to a sort of survival of the fittest or craziest in this case. All the weaklings were killed of or put in their place which lead to a hierarchy being created. They formed the gang The Smileys for security in case there was ever an attempt to retake the prison by authorities. There is a much higher chance of fighting off enemies if you have a structured gang to keep the running. I believe their ongoing motivation is very similar, strengthening the place if it was ever to be attacked. They are crazy as fuck I doubt they need justify what they do. They do not seem driven by money at all and I wouldn't be surprised if Starkweather doesn't even pay them to participate in his films. The Smileys come off as unintelligible but I like to think differently, they attack simultaneously, organise ambushes, have some of the tightest patrols and even patrol important areas. All i'm saying is they can't be as stupid as they come across after all they are one of the stronger enemies Cash has to face.

The Skinz
These guys are my second favourite gang. Clearly these guys are racists and they are attracted to like minded people. Not hard to imagine how The Skinz were formed, just like real life skinhead gangs. I can picture these guys heading to the more populated parts of Carcer City and killing anyone who isn't white just for fun. Giving the nigger jew scum a death by boot party haha. As for ongoing motivations, they probably enjoy purifying Carcer City and making some money while they are at it. I read that The Skinz were told Cash is a mongrel which I believe from the taunts they shout while trying to find him, so they clearly are in it for racism but I bet they get paid a bit from Starkweather also.

Wardogs
And these guys are probably my least favourite. I hate the idea of gang members running around in ghillie suits. They just don't feel as gritty and street wise as the other gangs, they just ain't my cup of tea(To my liking). If I was to guess why the Wardogs was formed it would be for the comradery that these ex soldiers would have felt while in combat or on the battlefield. Spend enough time in a warzone and you will find it hard to adjust to regular life when you get back. They probably missed the action and brotherhood they experienced in the military. Wardogs seem to enjoy what they do(Hunt) and come across as sadistic(could probably say that for all the gangs). They have probably took part in many of Starkweather's films as they will get alot of enjoyment out of it and not to mention money. They almost seem like mercenaries due to all the military background, also Ramirez seems to have a good relationship with Starkweather which leads me to believe he employs them alot, but yeah enjoyment and cash are their ongoing motivations.

The Hoods
The Hoods seem the most normal and come across as just your run of the mill crims. Living in Carcer City is obviously tough so it makes sense that they would form a gang for security. Its easier to commit crimes such as murder,robbery and mugging in a group rather than alone. They seem like they are just trying to survive in the environment they live in. Clearly there are not a lot of options to make money or get employed so they make money the only way they know how. The Hoods is formed up of petty crims and leg breakers and were probably more than happy to participate in Starkweather's films as long as they get paid. Their on going motivations are the same as the reason they were formed in my eyes, To make money and stay safe. I read on their wiki page that they have off duty cops in their midst which is interesting.

The Innocentz
In my opinion these guys are the most mysterious. It is composed of fat baby faced pedo's, satanic skeletons and some mexican gangbangers that look like El Diablo. I can't seem to find a reason why all these guys would attract one another other than they are all into some pretty sick shit. Also I have this feeling I can't shake that they are in someway connected to the drug trade in Carcer City. They are one of the more armed gangs in terms of guns and have territory that contain warehouses so it's not a far stretch. Ofcourse I have no evidence to really back up this claim so it will just stay as my imagination. Let me know what you think about The Innocentz I feel they are the hardest to depict and would love your guys input on them.

I felt like I wrote it better the first time around but stupid me lost it all. P.S. I almost lost it for a third time lucky I saved it

One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:49 am 
Registered Member

I just finished reading about half of this and i must say, i'm starting to like you, man. Threads like this are always entertaining to read. What about The Cerberus? Always thought their calm and collected demeanor and their professional military spec op tactics and training contrasted nicely with the amateur street gangs' and their seemingly inexperienced firearm know-how.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:38 am 
The Red Kings

I always thought of the Innocentz as one of smaller gangs in the city. I believe the Innocentz (Satanist guys and the Mexicans) are a different gang (outside of the night Manhunt took place) from the Babyface pedophiles, i think Starkweather brought the Babyfaces in to give the Innocentz a boost in manpower for the night.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:51 am 
Registered Member

Carcer City Hood wrote:
I always thought of the Innocentz as one of smaller gangs in the city. I believe the Innocentz (Satanist guys and the Mexicans) are a different gang (outside of the night Manhunt took place) from the Babyface pedophiles, i think Starkweather brought the Babyfaces in to give the Innocentz a boost in manpower for the night.

Funnily enough, during my first experience with Manhunt, i always thought the babyface cunts were a separate gang from the satanists too. The name Innocentz is a much more fitting title for the babypedos 'cause it's a common belief that newborns and children are innocent, while the satanists couldn't be any more far away from anything even resembling innocence. I guess R* was lazy and didn't want to create a whole another scene for one of the two and just slapped them together into a single gang.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:41 pm 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
I just finished reading about half of this and i must say, i'm starting to like you, man. Threads like this are always entertaining to read. What about The Cerberus? Always thought their calm and collected demeanor and their professional military spec op tactics and training contrasted nicely with the amateur street gangs' and their seemingly inexperienced firearm know-how.

Thanks, glad you liked it. I guess I just never really seen them as a gang so to speak. They are more of a private army in my eyes, no doubt they are scummy and criminals but they don't give of the gang feel.

One Side.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:44 pm 
Registered Member

Carcer City Hood wrote:

Seems like a shady excuse, just like Gooby said it was probably cockstar being lazy. I don't understand why they decided to keep The Innocentz in and take out other gangs like The Clowns and The Lost. Innocentz just seem unfinished would have much prefered Clowns

One Side.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 4:08 pm 
Registered Member

Sweet Tooth wrote:
Carcer City Hood wrote:

Seems like a shady excuse, just like Gooby said it was probably cockstar being lazy. I don't understand why they decided to keep The Innocentz in and take out other gangs like The Clowns and The Lost. Innocentz just seem unfinished would have much prefered Clowns

I have to disagree with you there. I really liked the Innocentz to be honest, despite some of the members not fitting together into the gang completely. I think that the creepy clown trope is kind of cheesy and wouldnt have been as original in my eyes. The lost, however could replace the wardogs for me easily

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:36 pm 
Registered Member

The Cerberus are and always have been my fave gang... or team. They give off a badass rogue spec-op vibe due to their malevolent and cold personalities. Unlike most other gangs in MH1, they're extremely trained and coordinated in combat. They're not insane (psychotic), nor are they stupid like The Smileys and The
Babyfaces. They most likely consist of psychopaths and sociopaths who were too unhinged and sadistic to be able to follow orders well and thus got kicked out of the army.