It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:17 pm 
Registered Member

Found my old PS2 Manhunt and i had completely forgotten how Manhunt's disc case's text was translated to Finnish in here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:25 am 
The Red Kings

Gooby wrote:
Found my old PS2 Manhunt and i had completely forgotten how Manhunt's disc case's text was translated to Finnish in here.

It looks just like American version except in Finnish of course and the rating logo different but still cool to see from a another country. Xboxs back of case looks a bit different though. I would know i have PS2 and Original Xbox copies.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:40 am 
Registered Member

Carcer City Hood wrote:
It looks just like American version except in Finnish of course and the rating logo different but still cool to see from a another country. Xboxs back of case looks a bit different though. I would know i have PS2 and Original Xbox copies.

Oh yeah? Are the pics on back all the same and in same positions? I think the text on this Finnish translation is slightly different to the original English presentation. I will translate it later today once i got more energy in me, i'm dead-tired right now.

Most Xbox and PS2 covers differentiated from each other back in the good old days. I remember noticing it for the first time in 2004, i think, on Crash: The Wrath of Cortex's Xbox cover since i had always played on PS2.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:45 am 
The Red Kings

Gooby wrote:
Carcer City Hood wrote:

Oh yeah? Are the pics on back all the same and in same positions? I think the text on this Finnish translation is slightly different to the original English presentation. I will translate it later today once i got more energy in me, i'm dead-tired right now.

Most Xbox and PS2 covers differentiated from each other back in the good old days. I remember noticing it for the first time in 2004, i think, on Crash: The Wrath of Cortex's Xbox cover since i had always played on PS2.

Yeah they all the same

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:56 am 
Registered Member

Carcer City Hood wrote:
Yeah they all the same

Ahh... i found my PS2 Manhunt 2 too. Shame its case wasn't translated though. I always thought Manhunt 2's manual was done in a cool fashion, it's stylized as a mental patient's record paper with blood splatters on it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:01 am 
The Red Kings

Gooby wrote:
Carcer City Hood wrote:
Yeah they all the same

Ahh... i found my PS2 Manhunt 2 too. Shame its case wasn't translated though. I always thought Manhunt 2's manual was done in a cool fashion, it's stylized as a mental patient's record paper with blood splatters on it.

Too bad you can't read half of it lol. I always like how Manhunts manual was like a fake catalogue you could "buy" things from. Manuals are another thing i miss from the old days when i was a kid, you get a game and have something to read and learn about the game on the way home before you play it. Now they are gone...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:12 am 
Registered Member

Carcer City Hood wrote:
Gooby wrote:
Carcer City Hood wrote:
Yeah they all the same

Too bad you can't read half of it lol. I always like how Manhunts manual was like a fake catalogue you could "buy" things from. Manuals are another thing i miss from the old days when i was a kid, you get a game and have something to read and learn about the game on the way home before you play it. Now they are gone...

Oh shit you read the game manuals on the way home too?? :o :P Why do i relate to you so much, man? We're both such old-school guys. Remember when PS2 and other older consoles' manuals were thick and full of interesting shit to read and some were even colored :P? I always read game manuals when i was taking a bus back home and it made the time go so much faster, not to mention, it hyped me up for the game.

Now every piece of shit modern teenage cunt just taps their fancy touch phones in a bus and fucking everywhere, and do that social media shit which i know jack shit about.
Ah fuuuck.. talking with you just makes me miss the good old pre-2010 times even more, 2000s were the shit! Nowadays you're lucky if you even get a damn manual with your Xbox One/PS4 game, most are packed with just a half-assed piece of shit paper that tells you some dumb health warning shit or how to start the game as if the gamers these days are so retarded they can't even put a disc into a console.

I'm really happy you've become such a longtime member in here now. I think you're gonna be one of us who'll stay in here till the very end. Old-school gaming FOR LIFE!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:14 am 
The Red Kings

Gooby wrote:
Carcer City Hood wrote:
Gooby wrote:
Carcer City Hood wrote:
Yeah they all the same

Oh shit you read the game manuals on the way home too?? :o :P Why do i relate to you so much, man? We're both such old-school guys. Remember when PS2 and other older consoles' manuals were thick and full of interesting shit to read and some were even colored :P? I always read game manuals when i was taking a bus back home and it made the time go so much faster, not to mention, it hyped me up for the game.

Now every piece of shit modern teenage cunt just taps their fancy touch phones in a bus and fucking everywhere, and do that social media shit which i know jack shit about.
Ah fuuuck.. talking with you just makes me miss the good old pre-2010 times even more, 2000s were the shit! Nowadays you're lucky if you even get a damn manual with your Xbox One/PS4 game, most are packed with just a half-assed piece of shit paper that tells you some dumb health warning shit or how to start the game as if the gamers these days are so retarded they can't even put a disc into a console.

I'm really happy you've become such a longtime member in here now. I think you're gonna be one of us who'll stay in here till the very end. Old-school gaming FOR LIFE!

Yeah the manuals to me were the best part of the old school days. You read it cover to cover and know exactly what kinda game you were walking into. You get the basic storyline or info on the characters that might not be told in the actual games. You go to the weapons section and read and be like "oh i like that one or no that's just not my style". Everybody says they did away with manuals because it saves money, to me all it did was make opening up a new game boring. Back in the day i was thrilled to open up a ps1 or ps2 game just to check the manual book and i was happier the more thick it was cause to me that proved how much effort the company put into the game if they went outta the way to put in a thicker manual. Now when i open a game its like "i wonder what this game is gonna be like?" Simply because no manual equals no info before hand. Thanks for the kind words man, i will be here until its no more.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:49 am 
Registered Member

Carcer City Hood wrote:
Yeah the manuals to me were the best part of the old school days. You read it cover to cover and know exactly what kinda game you were walking into. You get the basic storyline or info on the characters that might not be told in the actual games. You go to the weapons section and read and be like "oh i like that one or no that's just not my style". Everybody says they did away with manuals because it saves money, to me all it did was make opening up a new game boring. Back in the day i was thrilled to open up a ps1 or ps2 game just to check the manual book and i was happier the more thick it was cause to me that proved how much effort the company put into the game if they went outta the way to put in a thicker manual. Now when i open a game its like "i wonder what this game is gonna be like?" Simply because no manual equals no info before hand. Thanks for the kind words man, i will be here until its no more.

Yes, you are very much correct. It hyped me up when i got to read about all the cool weapons you'll get to use in the game, and the background information on the characters was such a cool touch by the devs too. i'm genuinely saddened about how manuals have been discarded as of now during the 8th-Generation of gaming.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:58 pm 
Registered Member

Agreed with you both on this.