It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:18 am 
Registered Member

Based on their build, proportions and behavior i'd guess something like this:

James Earl Cash = About 5'9 to 5'10. Cash always struck me as a shorter guy with a lean-muscled build (Not scrawny, just low body fat). I also believe Cash might suffer from a napoleon complex of some sort which could explain his stoic tough guy attitude. That... or just the fact that he's a low-functioning psychopath.

Possible disorder/condition: ASPD, more specifically psychopathy, albeit low-functioning at that (Not sociopathy, there's a clear difference) demonstrated by his calm & collected demeanor under pressure and his obvious lack of remorse and guilt for his actions and disregard for the law and lack of empathy.

Daniel Lamb = 6'2 to 6'3. Danny seems to be the tall and lanky type, but then again everybody in Manhunt 2 looks pretty tall for some reason. Danny's definitely a scrawny guy though so even with his reach advantage he still gotta use stealth and dirty tactics.

Possible disorder/condition: Dissociative identity disorder (DID). Daniel is clearly neither a psychopath nor sociopath, but his other (planted) personality (Leo) is, which leads him to behave like one. Danny also seems to suffer from low-self esteem evidenced by his lack of faith in himself and also by his lack of general courage.

Leo Kasper = Seems to be around 6'0 to 6'1. Leo's clearly in better shape than Danny, but he's a somewhat slim dude too albeit slightly wider in build than Dan. Though Leo DOES have extensive training in combat and escape tactics so he's got the technique and skill on his side.

Possible disorder/condition: ASPD & Sadistic Personality Disorder for obvious reasons. Also, unlike Cash who seemingly was born with ASPD therefore psychopathy. Leo most likely developed his anti-social personality through his brutal training and conditioning which makes him a sociopath, not a psychopath.

Also, Pogo please don't remove tis thread, this took me a fookin' forever to write and this is my latest real contribution to Mancunt.

Deagle195: Gooby's lifestyle is not life at all... it's existing (paraphrased)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:38 am 
Registered Member

That's a very interesting analysis gooby and a interesting read as well. Can tell you put a lot of effort into it, 10/10.

You may have seen our tags around Carcer City, that's right the Hoods.... your friendly neighborhood thugs. You need to pull a hospital on somebody, got a old teacher that still pisses you off after all these years, did that cop actually give you a parking ticket? Give my associates and me a call and we will personally fix any problems you may have.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:40 am 
Registered Member

I'd avoid slapping labels on their respective "disorders" unless you're either a qualified psychiatrist or someone who had a part in writing the game. Cash is not a low-functioning psychopath, he has a family for Christ's sake, and cared enough about them to get a huge enough burst of strength to throw a fucking CRT television across the room when he found out they were executed. A man who has been put on death row for murder (not proven, but heavily implied in cut dialogue) is probably going to be one of few words when waking up after his execution after his obligatorily long prison sentence, regardless of his prior personality.

I think Danny's broken bridge allows Leo subtle control over him at the right moments; some of the shit Daniel does to these people is... too creative for Daniel to have come up with. I believe the red mist that descends as you creep up behind someone, getting ready to kill them is the catalyst for Leo's "help" in these situations. Daniel does not suffer from low self-esteem or courage at all, he also has a wife and two kids, and pushes ahead with the "final part of the process" even with his wife's objections. Danny's "lost" behaviour in Manhunt 2 is because he's an amnesiac, and his life just turned into a horror story.

Manhunt lossless soundtrack
Manhunt 2 lossless soundtrack
Manhunt 2 FMV restoration

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:29 pm 
Registered Member

Now who would make a Manhunt 1 execution analysis?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:36 pm 
Registered Member

DJThanos wrote:
Now who would make a Manhunt 1 execution analysis?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:20 am 
Registered Member

i think danny is schizophrenic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:04 pm 
Registered Member

xxCSPROxx wrote:
i think danny is schizophrenic

You are.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:47 pm 
Registered Member

I've been sleeping way too much lately and unsurprisingly i've also been dreaming about this site a lot (and wwinterj ;) ). One of the dreams reminded me of this thread and how much effort and interest i put into this. Despite the fact i hate and consider myself a loser in most aspects of life, i'm still proud of some of my online/internet accomplishments. This thread is my favorite of my own creations, but unfortunately the user above partly ruined it with his douchebag behavior.

Deagle195: Gooby's lifestyle is not life at all... it's existing (paraphrased)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:34 am 
Registered Member

The Ps2 version all the characters look leaner and taller compared to the PC version, even with widescreen on.