It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:18 pm 
The Smilies

Bahamut wrote:
Either some program is set to reboot the thing or something is crashing the kernel (think blue screen of death) and you have it set to reboot automatically. Recent kernels are pretty stable, so you may have a seriously outdated version or a bad driver installed (or both). Assuming you use Windows, you can use Windows Update to make sure you have the most recent version of the kernel (as well as any other system components).

Thanks for the info.

Now, one night, it did this, but it wouldn't load back up, it would just sit there and act like its loading, i did a full restore, and never had the problem yet.

Now I have another problem, On this PC im on, (my other PC doesn't have internet at this time). Everytime I install Windows Service Pack 3, and it asks me to reboot. It won't load up all the way, it will go to the Windows screen, where it has the little thing going across sayin its loading up, and then crashes, and reboots itself, Anyone know the problem? I just got to the point of not installing Windows Service Pack 3, and I am not having any problems with this PC at all.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:25 am 
The Innocentz

Simple question: If I burn a movie onto a CD-R, will it still be able to play on, let's say a PS2? Or...do I need a DVD-R? That should seem obvious, but I'm also talking about MPEGs and such.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:57 am 
The Lost

If the PS2 can handle the physical medium (CD is fine) and the video format (I don't have a PS2, so I don't know what it can play), you'll be fine. If you make an exact copy of a DVD (which will require a DVD because of the size), it may or may not play (the PS2 may be able figure out that it's not an original if it's still encrypted; I don't know much about the PS2). An unencrypted DVD should play without incident (DVD Decrypter is a wonderful tool).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:40 pm 
The Innocentz

I see.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:44 pm 
Registered Member

sprint_car_fan2007 wrote:
Bahamut wrote:
Either some program is set to reboot the thing or something is crashing the kernel (think blue screen of death) and you have it set to reboot automatically. Recent kernels are pretty stable, so you may have a seriously outdated version or a bad driver installed (or both). Assuming you use Windows, you can use Windows Update to make sure you have the most recent version of the kernel (as well as any other system components).

Thanks for the info.

Now, one night, it did this, but it wouldn't load back up, it would just sit there and act like its loading, i did a full restore, and never had the problem yet.

Now I have another problem, On this PC im on, (my other PC doesn't have internet at this time). Everytime I install Windows Service Pack 3, and it asks me to reboot. It won't load up all the way, it will go to the Windows screen, where it has the little thing going across sayin its loading up, and then crashes, and reboots itself, Anyone know the problem? I just got to the point of not installing Windows Service Pack 3, and I am not having any problems with this PC at all.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05/09 ... s_crashes/

It's a known problem.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:18 pm 
The Smilies

thanks dibdab

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:11 am 
The Innocentz

Hello.

I need to know of a site/program that can create MSN bots.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:20 am 
Registered Member

This shouldn't be called Ataraxia's Tech Support Shack anymore since from what i can see he isn't helping people anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:30 pm 
The Smilies

Moham wrote:
This shouldn't be called Ataraxia's Tech Support Shack anymore since from what i can see he isn't helping people anymore.

you're still alive?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:48 pm 
The Smilies

VelocityRaptor wrote:
Hello.

Thank you.

lol, oh man, u will have hours of fun :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:13 am 
The Monkeys

VelocityRaptor wrote:
Hello.

Thank you.

You're not Welldone, fegget.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:30 am 
The Innocentz

Mr. Valiant wrote:
VelocityRaptor wrote:
Hello.

Thank you.

You're not Welldone, fegget.

"I hoped you wouldn't catch that, but I somehow knew you would."

lawl. srsly guise, quit fucking getting in the way of my question >_>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:23 pm 
The Skinz

I have a problem. One of the computers in my house was fine untit today. Th monitor just randomly shut off and went into Analog power savng mode. At first I was shocked. So I started it back up..it did it again. So then I booted it up in safe mode did a system restore took off any document or files causing the probem..and it seemed fine. Then it did it again. Now I try to boot it up nothing will show up on my monitor. It just goes from a blue light to a orange light. Still saying the same message " Entering Analog Power Saving mode. What could this be? It might be spyware however, scans are done frequently on this computer and whatnot. Could it be the hookup? Could something be conflicting with the monitor? Please help.

The pc is running with windows XP and has a LG LCD monitor..19 inch.

EDIT/UPDATE: I figured out it was the video card. The fan stopped working and it over heated. I should of took notice when I heard a strange noise coming fro tmhe tower..but..it went over my head. Good hting we have extended warrenty.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:16 pm 
The Jury

Moham wrote:

You mustn't be looking hard enough.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:15 am 
Registered Member

It was two weeks between me posting that and you noticing, self explains itself really.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next