It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Is cleaning up the list a good idea?
Yes (clean out zero posters) 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
No (explain reason why it wouldn't be a good idea) [laziness is not an excuse] 54%  54%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 11
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:23 pm 
Admin

We had a ton of spam members sign up in recent times and over the course of having to delete each member one by one this idea just wouldn't be feasible to try and go over the entire members list deleting people with zero posts. I have deleted hundreds of spam accounts and more still remain that did get pretty time intensive just doing those plus a good few people i thought had been spam accounts actually emailed me asking why the membership had been terminated those people had zero posts obviously. At a push i could go by the last visited date on the profile but even that takes time to go over and check every profile i don't believe removing these members will speed up the forum but i will go over them again at some point and remove more.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:59 pm 
Banned

Okay then, that sounds good, thank you.

Given the very high number of zero posters, I'd think the ones especially from the years 2005-2007 would qualify for removal, as 2007 is five years ago. I just don't believe they will ever consider coming back, at least under the same name. I can't know for sure that they will never come back, but to put it bluntly, they had their chance, for several years to make at least one post (e.g. introductory) and they didn't say anything. So I think it's fair that they go now.

But of course, to some around here that makes me come off as an evil corrupt forum Nazi fascist death camp commandant Nazi.

Never knew about the spam members causing mix-ups with genuine members, that's another thing to consider.