It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:27 pm 
The Smilies

I recently borrowed a couple of PS2 games from a friend of mine. One of the games is Gun, and after the initial training mission the game keeps freezing in the same spot after a cut scene every time I try to play it. I've heard some crazy shit that people do, like rub tooth paste, peanut butter, or banana peals on the disc in order to fill the gaps that the scratches made. But, seeing as it's not my game and these ideas seem pretty mental to me, I don't want to try any of these "solutions" and risk further damage to the game. Any ideas of what cleaning solutions I could use, or some method you know about that works would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:17 pm 
Registered Member

My copy of Gun is fucked up too. That game was awesome.

As for any normal solution, I can't help you. Toothpaste never worked, I tried it.

Zom-B wrote:
Wouldn't that be strange? To unmask someone and find they look exactly the same underneath.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11982

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:18 pm 
Registered Member

Is it actually badly scratched then? If it is you might not be playing it much more, just give it a proper cleaning and try it again should be fine if the console actually reads the disk might just be muck on it more than anything. If you're desperate though they sell repair machines that fix scratched disks no idea if they work but look up SIMO DVD Scratch Repair if you're even slightly interested in spending money on it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:57 pm 
The Smilies

I'm not gonna spend money on something that's not even mine.

I did do this one trick that my dad thought me awhile back where you take a drop of dish soap and mix it with a cup of water, then get a clean lint free towel and wipe it down. Didn't work, so I guess it being dirty isn't the problem. There are some minor looking scratches on the disk running along with the curve of the disk for about a half inch, so I guess that's what's giving me problems. I could take it down to a independent game shop in another town that will resurface it for about $3, not including gas money for the trip. But once again, I would really rather not spend money on it.

Fucking hell, all this trouble for a game that's MAYBE one millionth of what Red Dead Redemption is.

:(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:04 pm 
Registered Member

Go buy it used or new should be very cheap at Gamestop, tell your friend to look after his disks, I'd get onto him to fix it for $3 seeing as it's his.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:26 pm 
Registered Member

Actually gun was fucking epic, really good game. But it was short. WAY too short. You step outside that tutorial, kill a couple outlaws and have an epic battle in a gold mine and get rewarded with an invicible horse.
That's pretty much it..

OH but you get to scalp people so that's always fun.

But besides a couple epic unforgettable battles you're not missing much.

It certainly wasn't much compared to Red Dead REVOLVER. You fucking newfag with your Redeempsheeen acting like Revolver didn't even exist. Fuckhead.

"Oh herpderp well I play Red Dead Rederption"
"Oh yeah well what'd you think of Red Dead Revolver?"
"RED DEAD REVOLVOO, WHAT DA FUK IS DAT?"

This forum is almost as logical as religion itself.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:15 am 
The Smilies

Fuck buying those machines. I bought this stuff a while back that removes scratches. Don't know if they sell it anymore though. You could probably find it at a small gamestore, not fucking gamestop. If that doesn't work, you've got the same problem I have with Destroy All Humans! Every time I try to play the 3rd mission, it stops loading. Works on all other missions

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:20 am 
The Hoods

SevenTwelve wrote:
It certainly wasn't much compared to Red Dead REVOLVER. You fucking newfag with your Redeempsheeen acting like Revolver didn't even exist. Fuckhead.

Red Dead Revolver? Image

Trey wrote:
What is with Burger Shot being odd lately?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:53 am 
The Smilies

SevenTwelve wrote:
But besides a couple epic unforgettable battles you're not missing much.

Actually I'm not missing anything, I've played this game quite extensively and attained 100%. I just wanted to play it again for the hell of it without it freezing on me.

SevenTwelve wrote:

I was comparing it to Redemption because both are open world games with similar content, although the content in Gun isn't anywhere near as close to the scale of Redemption. Revolver was more of a level based shooter, with far less that is comparable to Gun. So next time consider that I might actually know what it is I'm talking about. Take your childish, barely intelligible, and misguided random insults and shove them right back up your ass, cause that's definitely where you pulled them out of.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:30 am 
The Hoods

/Ether'd.

Trey wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:55 pm 
Registered Member

I love how you take everything I say seriously. :lol: Glad to know you care so much.

This forum is almost as logical as religion itself.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:05 pm 
The Hoods

Hate to be a negative nancy, but this forum certainly has gone downhill. Well, as far as all the bullshit goes in legit threads.

7-12, such faggotry should be outlawed. No improvement in your trolling at all, still the same method that you always seem to fail at. :lol:

But, back on topic; This is why I dislike lending games to my mates, after I get them back they always seem to have a shitload of scratches on the disk. Never really borrow games from my mates. When I used to rent out games from stores (as it's cheaper here just to do that), they'd always clean the disk for free in a machine before I took it home... so I'm sure you'd be able to go to some place in your area and get the disk cleaned.

Trey wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:58 pm 
The Smilies

SevenTwelve wrote:
I love how you take everything I say seriously. :lol: Glad to know you care so much.

Your right, I shouldn't take you seriously. A failed troll is a failed troll.

Burger Shot wrote:
Hate to be a negative nancy, but this forum certainly has gone downhill. Well, as far as all the bullshit goes in legit threads.

Agreed.

Burger Shot wrote:
But, back on topic; This is why I dislike lending games to my mates, after I get them back they always seem to have a shitload of scratches on the disk. Never really borrow games from my mates. When I used to rent out games from stores (as it's cheaper here just to do that), they'd always clean the disk for free in a machine before I took it home... so I'm sure you'd be able to go to some place in your area and get the disk cleaned.

Yeah I learned that lesson a long time ago. I used to lend out games to a couple friends and they would end up missing or damaged. There are a few local places that rent out games, so I'll check with them to see if they will do it. I talked with my friend about it and he said that if I can find a way to fix it I can keep it. So, I guess now I would be more inclined to spend a couple bucks on it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:15 am 
Registered Member

I think I read once that alcohol can help with skipping but I am not sure if thats cds only. Plus you know how he said she said goes.

Not a solution but have you had a look to see how much a used copy runs for? I think the least your friend could do is buy you a new game, bet it won't cost much either.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:35 am 
Registered Member

Toothpaste actually works, I know it sounds crazy but it burns away the bottom of the disk making the scratches lessen just apply small amount of toothpaste on a clean lint free cloth and work it into them. It worked one time I tried it on my Elvis CD.