It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Creating a post
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:54 pm 
The Smilies

Whenever I'm reading a thread and decide to respond, I normally hit quick reply. No problems there. However if I choose to hit just reply or choose to preview my post after quick reply before submitting it. What happens basically breaks and I can't post what it is I want to say unless I go back and go through quick reply again.

In the post a reply window, everything under the text box and color palette on the right does not load. The options just beneath the text box, the submit button and the topic review further below simply do not load and scrolling all the way down stops at the very bottom of the text box.

Is this an issue with just me? Or perhaps just my browser? Or is it happening to other peeps as well?

Thank god it worked when creating a new topic.

(upon review, while typing out this create a topic, it began working again. So maybe this is just something to look out for?)

Post subject: Re: Creating a post
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:12 pm 
Registered Member

You should post a picture of the issue you are having it will help things, i personally have not seen any of the issues mentioned above just tried doing them and everything was fine.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:04 am 
Registered Member

This happens for me sometimes. Usually the quickest fix is just to set your browser to Compatibility View. I've no idea how to do that with anything except Internet Explorer, but in IE it's a picture of a page torn in half on the right side of your URL bar. Normally when I try to go into advanced/preview mode, if I filled the visible space without anything extra to add a scroll bar, it would continuously move the scroll cursor to the top and try to force it to stay there, while every time I typed a letter it would go back down then bounce back up again and it would just keep bouncing up and down over and over.

So! I turned on Compatibility Mode and that cleared it up right away, so if it happens again just try that.

This forum is almost as logical as religion itself.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:35 am 
Registered Member

Is your computer plugged in?
Oh.. it is? Umm... let me direct you to our manager. Please hold.

Zom-B wrote:
Wouldn't that be strange? To unmask someone and find they look exactly the same underneath.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11982