It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Chat room
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:15 am 
Registered Member

I thought it might be a good idea to add a chat room feature to the site.

Post subject: Re: Chat room
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:03 am 
Registered Member

shotgunfacelift wrote:

That's been discussed before... like way back before. In 2008, i think.

Deagle195: Gooby's lifestyle is not life at all... it's existing (paraphrased)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:18 am 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
shotgunfacelift wrote:

That's interesting. I guess I joined 8 years too late then. Why wasn't it added?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:39 am 
Registered Member

shotgunfacelift wrote:
Gooby wrote:
shotgunfacelift wrote:

That's interesting. I guess I joined 8 years too late then. Why wasn't it added?

I don't remember... i guess nobody gave a fuck.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:11 am 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
shotgunfacelift wrote:

Makes sense. And judging by the absence of Lazlow and Pogo, I don't suppose any new features will be added here any time soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:16 am 
Registered Member

shotgunfacelift wrote:
Gooby wrote:
shotgunfacelift wrote:

Makes sense. And judging by the absence of Lazlow and Pogo, I don't suppose any new features will be added here any time soon.

Ugh... man, if you ain't noticed yet, me, wwinterj and Carcer City Hood are pretty much the only remaining active long-time members. It's just a matter of time before this site's getting shut down for good. R*'s obviously not gonna make anything Manhunt related ever again and i completely understand it...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:21 am 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
Ugh... man, if you ain't noticed yet, me, wwinterj and Carcer City Hood are pretty much the only remaining active long-time members. It's just a matter of time before this site's getting shut down for good. R*'s obviously not gonna make anything Manhunt related ever again and i completely understand it...

That's too bad, I like this site. Maybe R* will do something Manhunt-related after RDR2... then again, they didn't even bother making a Windows 7 patch for Manhunt. I feel like that Hunted Online project could have brought a steady user base back here, but that seems to be dead as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:29 am 
Registered Member

shotgunfacelift wrote:
Gooby wrote:

That's too bad, I like this site. Maybe R* will do something Manhunt-related after RDR2... then again, they didn't even bother making a Windows 7 patch for Manhunt. I feel like that Hunted Online project could have brought a steady user base back here, but that seems to be dead as well.

Nah... we're only going to get open world games and... well, basically everything huge in scale and mixture of pretty much every genre ever so that way it'll attract as wide of an audience as possible because = $$$. So expect GTA, Red Dead, Maybe Bully 2 and i guess... AGENT... nah, that'll probably get cancelled.. officially. I mean think about it, how many casual gamers or even fans of R* would actually be interested in a linear stealth game after having played something like GTA VI or RDR2... no-fucking-body.. except us of course and a very small pool of stealth fans...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:31 am 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
Nah... we're only going to get open world games and... well, basically everything huge in scale and mixture of pretty much every genre ever so that way it'll attract as wide of an audience as possible because = $$$. So expect GTA, Red Dead, Maybe Bully 2 and i guess... AGENT... nah, that'll probably get cancelled.. officially. I mean think about it, how many casual gamers or even fans of R* would actually be interested in a linear stealth game after having played something like GTA VI or RDR2... no-fucking-body.. except us of course and a very small pool of stealth fans...

A GTA: Carcer City would be pretty funny. I wonder if they'll do that at some point.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:37 am 
Registered Member

shotgunfacelift wrote:
Gooby wrote:

A GTA: Carcer City would be pretty funny. I wonder if they'll do that at some point.

I guess... but i bet some if any of the current R* employees even know what Carcer City is, heck i wouldn't be surprised if some didn't even know what Manhunt is...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:39 am 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
I guess... but i bet some if any of the current R* employees even know what Carcer City is, heck i wouldn't be surprised if some didn't even know what Manhunt is...

That is, unfortunately, probably true. It's also unfortunate that there aren't many mods for Manhunt 1, I think that there would be more of a player base if there was a modding scene.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:45 am 
Registered Member

shotgunfacelift wrote:
Gooby wrote:

That is, unfortunately, probably true. It's also unfortunate that there aren't many mods for Manhunt 1, I think that there would be more of a player base if there was a modding scene.

Yeah... the only decent mod is the director's cut thing. The rest are just some shitty skins. Either, even modding can't keep a game alive forever when we're talking about something that so specifically caters to a very small group of players.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:50 am 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
Yeah... the only decent mod is the director's cut thing. The rest are just some shitty skins. Either, even modding can't keep a game alive forever when we're talking about something that so specifically caters to a very small group of players.

Also (sadly) true. Well, even as everything Manhunt-related on the Internet dies, I'll still be playing it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:53 am 
Registered Member

shotgunfacelift wrote:
Gooby wrote:

Also (sadly) true. Well, even as everything Manhunt-related on the Internet dies, I'll still be playing it.

That's the spirit... shame, mine died a long time ago. I'm off to sleep now.. what a shitty day again...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:17 am 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
That's the spirit... shame, mine died a long time ago. I'm off to sleep now.. what a shitty day again...

Night, hopefully tomorrow will be better for you.