It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:54 pm 
Registered Member

relsseS wrote:
good to know i forever have a working console version.

Not quite, you have PS4 soon, it won't work on that. :( same position as ps2 basically.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:48 am 
Registered Member

Bought this at the weekend. Even though its a PS2 game, it actually plays at 720p. The subtitles seem sharper than I remember them on a PS2.

Hope to see an uncut Manhunt 2 get a release on PSN, although I prefer the sharper graphics and interactivity of the Wii version.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:10 am 
Registered Member

Are AO rated games allowed on PSN? Regardless, unless it was a port from the Wii or PC versions, then I wouldn't be interested.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:14 am 
Registered Member

PIGGSY'S REVENGE wrote:
Are AO rated games allowed on PSN?

That is a good question, I don't know. My guess is, probably not. Fucking censorship...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:02 pm 
Registered Member

Actually, I believe Sony has policies against any AO rated games on their systems. So unfortunately it seems the M rated edition is what we would get.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if they ported the censored Wii edition, but only if they keep the decapitations in all episodes, that was what really dissapointed me, not the censor.

Though, I wonder why they haven't already made the game available on the PS3, since they ported it to the Vita.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:02 pm 
Registered Member

Actually, I believe Sony has policies against any AO rated games on their systems. So unfortunately it seems the M rated edition is what we would get.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if they ported the censored Wii edition, but only if they keep the decapitations in all episodes, that was what really dissapointed me, not the censor.

Though, I wonder why they haven't already made the game available on the PS3, since they ported it to the Vita.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:49 am 
Registered Member

Who cares.

Zom-B wrote:
Wouldn't that be strange? To unmask someone and find they look exactly the same underneath.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11982

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:24 am 
Registered Member

Clearly some of us do.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:53 pm 
Registered Member

PIGGSY'S REVENGE wrote:

If I had to guess, they wanted to put the original out first and see if it actually had a large enough amount of buyers. Manhunt 2 won't make half of what the original will I don't think really depends if these classics are more about the money than the nostalgia to them? They release these in waves so I could see the next batch being Manhunt 2 won't be the Wii version though it will be the exact same ps2 version they won't allow them to change it I don't think.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:46 am 
Registered Member

Asylum Inmate wrote:
PIGGSY'S REVENGE wrote:

If I had to guess, they wanted to put the original out first and see if it actually had a large enough amount of buyers. Manhunt 2 won't make half of what the original will I don't think really depends if these classics are more about the money than the nostalgia to them? They release these in waves so I could see the next batch being Manhunt 2 won't be the Wii version though it will be the exact same ps2 version they won't allow them to change it I don't think.

I don't think they're entirely about the money, as they haven't been released on Xbox Live, though they could have struck a deal with Sony. You've got a point about the game not being as popular as the first. Honestly, relsseS has a point haha, I don't think a lot of people will care about Manhunt 2 on PSN, especially if it's just the censored PS2 version available. If they decide to release it, I think around the time of Manhunt 1's 10 year anniversary along with some other merchandise would be the best time, as that would probably at least get more people interested.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:51 am 
Registered Member

Surely they'll release Manhunt 2 because they already released the first anyway? All the Spyro and Syphon Filter PS1 games are available, they wouldn't just release one game from a series, right?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:05 am 
Registered Member

GavSalkeld wrote:
Surely they'll release Manhunt 2 because they already released the first anyway? All the Spyro and Syphon Filter PS1 games are available, they wouldn't just release one game from a series, right?

True, but then Manhunt 2 wasn't really as well recieved as most other games Rockstar and other companies have released on PSN, it sure isn't considered a "classic" I mean. I do hope they still release it, though, simply to help make the franchise relevant again, and so it doesn't look like they're completely ashamed of this game.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:49 am 
Registered Member

Nah a MH2 PSN release, would be aight. I'd still buy it and play it, I don't give a shit. It's a ps2 Manhunt, probably for the $10, it'd still be cool. I played the ps2 version and I miss the fuck out of it.

Zom-B wrote:
Wouldn't that be strange? To unmask someone and find they look exactly the same underneath.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11982

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:19 am 
Registered Member

I agree. I played the PC, PS2 and Wii versions and the PC version was the best (uncut AO executions), but I'd gladly take a PS2 download. Its hard to choose which was better console-wise; the Wii has sharper graphics and more interactive executions, but it was slightly more censored than the PS2 version, which in turn was less buggy, but also less interactive and less censored.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:39 am 
Registered Member

I'll admit, I've always thought the filter on the Wii version was pretty cool looking. :cry: