It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:31 pm 
Registered Member

PIGGSY'S REVENGE wrote:
I'll admit, I've always thought the filter on the Wii version was pretty cool looking. :cry:

I didn't mind the filter to be honest but it made no sense since the original didn't have it, it's stupid and a clear case of R* bowing out to the pressure they faced at the time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:56 am 
Registered Member

The whole M/AO thing is ridiculous, its like Australia didnt have an 18 rating for games until very recently. They were of the mentality that everything should be rated no higher than 15+ or face cuts or a banning. The US needs to do some growing up and realize that most gamers are over 18 and thus an AO rating should not be treated like some elephant in the room.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:46 am 
Registered Member

The game getting an AO rating in the first place was a bit ridiculous, since the uncut version really isn't more violent than many other M rated games today, if anything it's less violent. The BBFC's reaction was just plain stupid.

However, the real problem here are Sony's, Nintendo's, and Microsoft's policies againts AO rated games, not to mention many retailers, who treat the AO rating like it's a curse. I think it may be the fact that the rating is usually associated with sex, and games are associated with kids.
o noes, can't have the kids looking at such unholy acts. :D

The game would have been fine on the consoles if it were not for those policies. Point is, Sony doesn't want an uncut version of the game on their consoles (even though there is the beta version, not to mention the filter can be hacked off anyway), so a Manhunt 2 on PSN release will indeed be a censored mess.

The most Rockstar could do is probably add decapitations being available in more levels, since you have to do them in the game on two occasions anyway, but that is very doubtful.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:37 am 
Registered Member

PIGGSY'S REVENGE wrote:
However, the real problem here are Sony's, Nintendo's, and Microsoft's policies againts AO rated games, not to mention many retailers, who treat the AO rating like it's a curse. I think it may be the fact that the rating is usually associated with sex, and games are associated with kids.

That's exactly what I meant, yes. Its like the stigma attached to the NC-17 - in the rest of the world, things rated 18+ are not treated with such disdain.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:27 pm 
Registered Member

You can pre order GTAV on PSN, get 75% off Manhunt then cancel GTAV be quick before they close the loop hole!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:12 pm 
Registered Member

Sony and Rockstar fucking up a lot lately, aye. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:49 pm 
Registered Member

Isn't GTA V more expensive on psn?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:08 pm 
The Skinz

boiling hot bitchmin wrote:
Is the cutscene freeze thing fixed in this version?

Can confirm they fixed this.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:08 pm 
Registered Member

gingermullet wrote:
You can pre order GTAV on PSN, get 75% off Manhunt then cancel GTAV be quick before they close the loop hole!

This deal coming back do you think? I have a buddy who is complaining to me giving him bad advice because the ad banner is still showing the 75% off but links to a blank page, apparently the stupid eu store have removed the pre-order option as well as the leaked preload meaning the deal is broken, ack he was so excited.