It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:50 am 
News Poster

As expected Rockstar have announced another delay for Max Payne 3, although this time it is just a matter of a couple of months. Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners in North America can look to pick up the game from the 15th of May this year, with a European release planned for three days later on the 18th. PC purists have to wait a little longer with the game set for release on the 29th of May and 1st of June in North America and Europe respectively. Additionally they have extended the special edition pre-order window until the 2nd of April 2012.

The second entry in the Max Payne 3 Design and Technology Video Series, titled "Targeting and Weapons" has also been released:

If all of that isn't enough to convince you, Rockstar has kindly removed content from the game and plans to distribute it through pre-order incentives at various retailers. So far the pre-order offerings include multiplayer maps, weapon loadouts, a Max Payne 3 t-shirt (physical, not in-game) and promise of the first paid multiplayer DLC pack, with more offerings likely to follow.

If past releases are anything to go by then you can expect Rockstar to offer all "bonus" content to everyone in exchange for some coin later down the line.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:08 am 
The Smilies

Wow. :|

Delay after delay for years now, and now they salt the wound by holding back on content just to make you pay more than you should have to for it later. Wow, just wow. I'm really disappointed in you Rockstar. It's not so much the game itself, I could honestly care less about the entire Max Payne franchise, it's just the way they've handled it would be enough for me to be dissatisfied with them, no matter what game it is.

GTA V better be fucking spectacular.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:44 pm 
Registered Member

They did it with LA Noir and Red Dead Redemption as well. GTA 5 will probably do it as well, exclusive clothing and weapon sets, cars and so on all locked to specific stores. I wouldn't be surprised if its a slightly smaller game so they can do dlc of restricted content.