It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:45 am 
The Red Kings

Well it took me about 7 months to pay off my PS4 pre-order. I get what you're saying though it's doable but it would probably take me about a year and a half to get a decent one and I don't know where to start. What pisses me off though is the stupid AO ban from Microsoft and Sony I mean shit if kids want M rated they going to get it some how anyway rather it be uncaring parents, older siblings or older friends. I really don't see the problem or big difference between M and AO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:51 pm 
Registered Member

Definitely with you on that, man. Censorship sucks. Hey, If you ever need help somewhere down the line on picking out a decent PC I'd be more than happy to help you out brother.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:16 pm 
The Red Kings

I'll definitely let you know when I need advice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:22 pm 
Registered Member

cashlamb wrote:
(with all that said) My conclusion, GTA, Bully, RDR2, Midnight Club fans can still all eat a dick. I'm so tired of game Dev's catering to the well pampered, delicate/frail masses of today. ManHunt3 NEEDS to happen. :x :evil:

A Manhunt 3 is more hassle than it's worth to be honest and what for? It'll just get censored again as the name Manhunt is a pile of shit for all the flies that like to ruin our fun. I've said it before though RDR 2 has more than enough gore in it and in very graphic detail. A Manhunt 3 with that level of gore would be perfectly fine too. More importantly though the atmosphere the lighting, weather effects, graphics and detail created in RDR 2 would also fit Manhunt. The other option is R* create a new IP like Manhunt but under a different name. With how long R* games take to make I don't think they would risk doing that though. RDR 2 took 8 years to make so.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:38 am 
Registered Member

I'll just dump this here:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:19 pm 
Registered Member

wwinterj wrote:
cashlamb wrote:
(with all that said) My conclusion, GTA, Bully, RDR2, Midnight Club fans can still all eat a dick. I'm so tired of game Dev's catering to the well pampered, delicate/frail masses of today. ManHunt3 NEEDS to happen. :x :evil:

A Manhunt 3 is more hassle than it's worth to be honest and what for? It'll just get censored again as the name Manhunt is a pile of shit for all the flies that like to ruin our fun. I've said it before though RDR 2 has more than enough gore in it and in very graphic detail. A Manhunt 3 with that level of gore would be perfectly fine too. More importantly though the atmosphere the lighting, weather effects, graphics and detail created in RDR 2 would also fit Manhunt. The other option is R* create a new IP like Manhunt but under a different name. With how long R* games take to make I don't think they would risk doing that though. RDR 2 took 8 years to make so.

I'm not concerned about censorship cause I only play PC games. Yet the more I've been watching RDR2 gameplay I gotta say the game is absolutely beautiful and has some missions that remind me of ManHunt and what it could look like if they did go through with making a 3rd. A particular mission where you go into the caves and take out the "hills have eyes" characters, was truly a creepy/macabre experience and the music that set the mood for this particular setting was very unnerving in a terrific way. Long story short, for the most part, R* still has it! and after seeing thing like this I'm sure ManHunt3 is inevitable, it's just a matter of when and how I believe.

Edit: The comment I made (with all that said) I was blacked out drunk and don't remember it, much like most of my comments here lol! I too am a fan of RDR, but I that day I had a burning brick up my ass and was venting yrs of frustration for seeing so many games come and go by R* without hearing a peep from OUR beloved ManHunt Series. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:38 pm 
The Red Kings

cashlamb wrote:
wwinterj wrote:
cashlamb wrote:

I'm not concerned about censorship cause I only play PC games. Yet the more I've been watching RDR2 gameplay I gotta say the game is absolutely beautiful and has some missions that remind me of ManHunt and what it could look like if they did go through with making a 3rd. A particular mission where you go into the caves and take out the "hills have eyes" characters, was truly a creepy/macabre experience and the music that set the mood for this particular setting was very unnerving in a terrific way. Long story short, for the most part, R* still has it! and after seeing thing like this I'm sure ManHunt3 is inevitable, it's just a matter of when and how I believe.

While i think that many Rockstar sequels are going to be made in the near future I have my doubts that Manhunt 3 is high on thier priority list of sequels. Like Wwinterj said they could make a game like manhunt but not call it manhunt and it truly wouldn't be manhunt. Last I heard Take 2 says that they are not interested in bringing back the manhunt series, possibly due to the backlash and console butchering of manhunt 2. While I would be happy as hell for a 3rd entry I'm not holding my breath but I'm not 100% giving up hope on it

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:42 pm 
Registered Member

Some see the cup half full while others see it half empty...But I understand. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:09 pm 
The Red Kings

cashlamb wrote:
Some see the cup half full while others see it half empty...But I understand. :)

It's been 11 years since Manhunt 2. It was only 5 years between GTA 4 and 5. It was 8 years between RDR and RDR2. The math in that alone doesn't bode well for us Manhunt fans. The slim hope I see for us is Bully 2 if it's actually happening considering it has 1 year over Manhunt 2 in terms of dormant series maybe getting a sequel. Let's face facts Bully probably has a bigger fan base and was way less controversial then Manhunt which maybe why it got green light for a sequel. I am in no way putting down your hopes for manhunt 3 as I hope it happens too but theres tons of reasons to doubt. I mean look at this place there's so very few of us who post regularly even if each of us represents 1000 hardcore manhunt fans thats like 10,000 fans. Manhunt is a series that coulda, shoulda, woulda been a household name in gaming if society was different than the pussy, wimp, safe space wanting sjws most have become since 2003.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:29 pm 
Registered Member

Bully 2 is definitively happening. As for the "math" done with a shade of pessimism, there are game developers that have been around a lot longer than R* and have still revisited games with many oceans between. Am I holding my breath...not really. Do I think ManHunt2 was the end of the franchise...fuck no.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:40 pm 
Registered Member

Carcer City Hood wrote:
cashlamb wrote:

It's been 11 years since Manhunt 2. It was only 5 years between GTA 4 and 5. It was 8 years between RDR and RDR2. The math in that alone doesn't bode well for us Manhunt fans. The slim hope I see for us is Bully 2 if it's actually happening considering it has 1 year over Manhunt 2 in terms of dormant series maybe getting a sequel. Let's face facts Bully probably has a bigger fan base and was way less controversial then Manhunt which maybe why it got green light for a sequel. I am in no way putting down your hopes for manhunt 3 as I hope it happens too but theres tons of reasons to doubt. I mean look at this place there's so very few of us who post regularly even if each of us represents 1000 hardcore manhunt fans thats like 10,000 fans. Manhunt is a series that coulda, shoulda, woulda been a household name in gaming if society was different than the pussy, wimp, safe space wanting sjws most have become since 2003.

But, very well said. The odds are stacked against our favor, but that's never changed any outcome for the better. All we can afford is hope.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:01 pm 
The Red Kings

Oh I hope a lot but we'd need a manhunt army not the rogue band we have lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:10 pm 
Registered Member

HAHAHA! Touché! Well, here's to the seed planted, and the root to produce!
Let's carry on.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:53 pm 
The Red Kings

One of reasons I believe Rockstar is not keen on making manhunt 3 apart from dodging controversial shit storm is main stream interest. Look at GTA it's a juggernaut for sales especially among younger kids and teens who shouldn't have it. RDR is popular because many people like old wild west stuff and it's basically GTA meets old west. Bully is kinda like the GTA little brother most kid's SHOULD be playing instead of actual GTA but a lot of older people like it too because it takes them back to thier youthful memories of high school. Hardly anybody likes the topic of snuff films which is what Manhunt is basically known as to people who haven't played its just "oh that game where you kill people with a plastic bag on camera" most people ain't into that type of stuff only ones who are like us are truly different.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:45 pm 
Registered Member

ManHunt will never be a big seller or rake in a fan base like GTA, RDR etc, of course, and i think they were well aware of this when pushing the boundaries with this title, yet that didn't stop R* from making it in the first place OR even making a sequel from it. We also have to take into consideration that they did just recently renew its IP address, which (I KNOW) doesn't mean they're making a 3rd at the moment but it does imply they're not done with the franchise just yet and may even want to revisit it somewhere down the line. While it seems they view this game as there "problem child" I think R* does enjoys the fact that they do have a wild card in their deck, to play when the time is right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next