It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:16 pm 
Registered Member

So, I've spent the last few days watching RDR2 gameplay and I will say the game looks absolutely beautiful and seems like a lot of fun. On the other hand, R* is playing it too safe, We need ManHunt3.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:43 am 
The Red Kings

From what I read we are getting Bully 2 next.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:55 am 
Registered Member

Of course it's not on the same level as Manhunt would be gore wise but RDR 2 is certainly very detailed. I saw this guy ride past on his hourse with a woman tied up on the back. She shouted she was being kidnapped and to help her so I chased after the guy, shot him off the horse and then chased down the horse to calm it down and to get the tied up woman off the back of it. I got her off and untied her. She ran off shouting "why would you do that!". I was confused and hurt so I, shot her leg, tied her up again, took her to a high peak, stabbed her right in the stomach and then throw her body off the peak. She made a nice stain on the floor. My cloths however were covered in her blood so I had to go into the river to wash the blood from my cloths but the satisfaction was very much worth it. I enjoyed seeing the river run red.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:22 pm 
Registered Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:44 pm 
Registered Member

(with all that said) My conclusion, GTA, Bully, RDR2, Midnight Club fans can still all eat a dick. I'm so tired of game Dev's catering to the well pampered, delicate/frail masses of today. ManHunt3 NEEDS to happen. :x :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:39 pm 
The Cerberus

wwinterj wrote:
Of course it's not on the same level as Manhunt would be gore wise but RDR 2 is certainly very detailed. I saw this guy ride past on his hourse with a woman tied up on the back. She shouted she was being kidnapped and to help her so I chased after the guy, shot him off the horse and then chased down the horse to calm it down and to get the tied up woman off the back of it. I got her off and untied her. She ran off shouting "why would you do that!". I was confused and hurt so I, shot her leg, tied her up again, took her to a high peak, stabbed her right in the stomach and then throw her body off the peak. She made a nice stain on the floor. My cloths however were covered in her blood so I had to go into the river to wash the blood from my cloths but the satisfaction was very much worth it. I enjoyed seeing the river run red.

Nice! I really like situations like those. I tried to stop a witness on a cart, and accidentally hit his lantern, so he and the cart caught fire. He survived, though, and limped off over the fields all burnt up, while his cart was burning behind him. It really creates some cool moments with how the game is made. I love it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:18 pm 
The Red Kings

cashlamb wrote:
(with all that said) My conclusion, GTA, Bully, RDR2, Midnight Club fans can still all eat a dick. I'm so tired of game Dev's catering to the well pampered, delicate/frail masses of today. ManHunt3 NEEDS to happen. :x :evil:

While I agree your right about Manhunt 3 needing to happen, there isn't much we can do about it. Yeah we can yell at Rockstar till we're blue in the face but at the end of the day they only listen to cold hard green now. While Manhunt is our favorite series it's in reality probably the smallest fan base Rockstar has. Hell it's probably one of the smallest fan base around all of gaming because like you said most gamers are whimpering pussys who need thier safe spaces. Most aint like us.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:04 pm 
Registered Member

Yeah, chances are it will never happen but when I'm obsessively passionate about something, quitting or sitting back and saying nothing just isn't and never will be an option for me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:16 pm 
The Red Kings

If it did happen Rockstar would probably get so much hate because let's face it's not 15 years ago nowadays a game about something as controversial as snuff filming would never ever get past go because of people wanting peace and love not death and gore.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:03 pm 
Registered Member

See this is where so many people go wrong IMO, I'm ALL about the peace and love but also appreciate and see the necessity of death and gore, I live in the grey area, Life is balance, you can't have one without the other. I've never understood people that solely dwell on the left of solely sit on the right? Maybe they have never understood the simplicity and symbolic nature of yin and yang. Its what makes the world go around and always will lol But yeah, I see what you're saying about how now expressive art is being suppressed and analyzed to fit into what society considers "normal" and what has been done in the past, probably wouldn't make the cut today. On the other hand there are still great devs out there taking this censoring bullshit with a grain of salt, Electrovore (bloodtrail), Destructive creations (Hatred) and there will always be great developers like this carrying the torch as long as there are fans like us backing them up and showing them our appreciation for there unwavering art.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:55 pm 
Registered Member

It's important to note here also that we shouldn't view R* as a whole entity either because if you don't remember there ARE devs within R* that consider/considered Manhunt to be their passion project, there baby if you will and took great pride in what they did with this series. Never give up hope, never. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:19 pm 
The Red Kings

cashlamb wrote:
It's important to note here also that we shouldn't view R* as a whole entity either because if you don't remember there ARE devs within R* that consider/considered Manhunt to be their passion project, there baby if you will and took great pride in what they did with this series. Never give up hope, never. :wink:

It almost started a mutiny within the company never forget that. The devs who really cared about manhunt should be are main targets for motivating for a 3rd entry.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:31 pm 
Registered Member

Exactly, so the zeal and love is still alive and well. If there was only a way to connect with these devs? I assume they come to the forums ever so often (why wouldn't they) and this is why I'm so vocal about a 3rd installment. After all, PM is the platform/stage for such. Hey, It never hurts to try and make your opinion known. If we give up. they give up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:14 am 
The Red Kings

Another thing to take into consideration is the rating range of these of these types of games. Take Manhunt 2 it's available for PS2, psp, Wii (still find it hilarious!) and pc. The only way to be properly play it as it was intended is PC. That really limits who has access to the games. Take Hatred for example it's PC only, now I would go out and buy this right for PS4 if it was available but it's not due to Microsoft and Sony's strict no AO policy. If they made Manhunt 3 they'd have to heavy edit it like Manhunt 2 for consoles and that would hurt sales cause you'd have people who either wouldn't buy a PC just to play it uncut or like me can't afford one. For some people not having thier preferred rating on thier preferred system would be enough not buy it at all. It would hurt profits and sales.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:39 am 
Registered Member

Sad but true. Over the years I saw this progression taking place and so i started saved up to finally swear off consoles for good and get a PC,(took a good yr or so) Cause if your into these types of games, it is the only outlet that will cater to that anti-censorship genre. If you can afford a PS4 then a decent PC really isn't that far off if you think about it and can do a hell of a lot more. Its all about prioritizing and what you feel you will get the most out of.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next