It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:37 pm 
The Cerberus

Well, according to himself he ran with a crew he really was opposed to, instead of leaving with his future wife, who was getting fucked by the whole gang. He just followed instead. Then he let's everyone use him for their own ends. He threatens them a lot, but never once does he act on the threats. He's always like, "I'll put a bullet in your head," but continues to let people use him, wasting his time. He commits war crimes he, by his own account, is very opposed to, but all he does is moralise afterwards, never stops doing it until he's attacked by the ones using him. He then latches on to another war criminal, he also doesn't like. And all this happens while being used by the government. He kills something like a 1000 people, but never once tries to rescue his family from the government, even when they go back on their promise after Escuella and Williamson.

Maybe not a pussy, but then he must be someone who doesn't care about anything, which is pretty cool. But he sure talks a lot about how all the things he does are bad, then continues doing them. Which is pretty cowardly, in my opinion.

I still love the game, just not the character. I'm playing it through again, skipping all cutscenes, and it's pretty funny. It's sort of nihilistic, someone who just do bad things for no reason to see, just being pointed in a direction, like "fuck it".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:44 am 
CCPD

Well there was a reason why John and his wife did leave. Also John's wife and son were kidnapped while John was away and were being held in an unknown location presumably far away from the actual setting of the game, remember when you do finally get them back you pick them up from a train station.

He pretty much had no choice but to follow orders or they would of been killed.

Honestly I'm a little disappointed that RDR2 is a prequel. I was kinda hoping for a sequel with a older Jack pulling of bank robberies GTA 5 heist style and shit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:55 am 
The Red Kings

I'm just gonna wait and see how it goes. It looks ok but after GTA 5 I'm no longer putting much stock in Rockstar for their single player content anymore. It's probably going to be a big pay to win online multiplayer focus that will piss everyone but rich players off. Single player will be mostly a after thought to these greedy assholes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:40 am 
CCPD

Carcer City Hood wrote:
I'm just gonna wait and see how it goes. It looks ok but after GTA 5 I'm no longer putting much stock in Rockstar for their single player content anymore. It's probably going to be a big pay to win online multiplayer focus that will piss everyone but rich players off. Single player will be mostly a after thought to these greedy assholes.

What was your honest opinion of the GTA 5 campaign? I thouhht it was more like a modern day heist film like ocean 12. Good enough for now but will be relatively forgotten later down.

That said I still like GTA 4 story better.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:25 am 
The Cerberus

Nicola Sacco wrote:
Well there was a reason why John and his wife did leave. Also John's wife and son were kidnapped while John was away and were being held in an unknown location presumably far away from the actual setting of the game, remember when you do finally get them back you pick them up from a train station.

He pretty much had no choice but to follow orders or they would of been killed.

Honestly I'm a little disappointed that RDR2 is a prequel. I was kinda hoping for a sequel with a older Jack pulling of bank robberies GTA 5 heist style and shit.

Yeah, they left when he had no choice, when his gang abandoned him. He basically only makes a change when he's forced to by others, until that he lets them use him. Well, Williamson, Escuella and Dutch were also at unknown locations, and until the later part of the story, the government had no idea where John was, or what he was doing. He could've looked into it, at least.

I'm glad it's a prequel, I just wish it was further back, but it's still better. It would be cool to have a western game that took place during or after the Civil War. Or maybe during the scalping trade that took place in the 1840's, but that's mainly because I'm reading about it, you couldn't have as many different weapons. I think an older Jack would make it too late in the 20th century, and it wouldn't be a western game as much.

I liked GTA5 more, except the part about constantly running from the police. It was more like the old GTA's, just make it big in the world of crime. GTA4 was more like a family drama, also with a character that constantly bitched about doing bad things.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:19 pm 
CCPD

But that's the thing was John once believed he was doing good by riding with Dutch. Until they screwed him over.

Also that's the irony of GTA 4, Niko came to Liberty City and fell right back in with the thing he was trying to get the hell away from.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:27 pm 
The Red Kings

Nicola Sacco wrote:
Carcer City Hood wrote:

What was your honest opinion of the GTA 5 campaign? I thouhht it was more like a modern day heist film like ocean 12. Good enough for now but will be relatively forgotten later down.

That said I still like GTA 4 story better.

The storymode of GTA 5 to me sucks dick, is mostly for little kids, had no real emotion in it unlike 4 and is probably the worst they've ever done. I pre-ordered the collectors edition for 360 played up until I got to Trevor killing Johnny said "this is fucking bullshit of a story" and quit playing it. I hate the fact that they threw the Lost MC under the bus in GTA 5 and made them bad guys.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:22 pm 
The Cerberus

Nicola Sacco wrote:
But that's the thing was John once believed he was doing good by riding with Dutch. Until they screwed him over.

Also that's the irony of GTA 4, Niko came to Liberty City and fell right back in with the thing he was trying to get the hell away from.

But he says somewhere that Dutch gradually became crazy, so he knew it wasn't good, also before they left him for dead. I don't mind that he ran with a bad crew, I just can't stand his bitching about it, and how he thought he was some romantic Robin Hood.

That irony of GTA4 makes it better, I guess. Good point.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:47 pm 
Registered Member

R*'s newer games have just gotten a little to Hipstery and mainstream for my likens. Kinda fell off the wagon after the neutering of mahunt2. (2007) Did buy RDR (+Red Dead Revolver) and also enjoy them briefly. We will see, soon enough if RDR2 is gonna be a come back on R*s part or The sad reality that games just aren't what they use to be. Due to, a new more entitled/sensitive and greedy culture.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:22 am 
The Red Kings

cashlamb wrote:
R*'s newer games have just gotten a little to Hipstery and mainstream for my likens. Kinda fell off the wagon after the neutering of mahunt2. (2007) Did buy RDR (+Red Dead Revolver) and also enjoy them briefly. We will see, soon enough if RDR2 is gonna be a come back on R*s part or The sad reality that games just aren't what they use to be. Due to, a new more entitled/sensitive and greedy culture.

True fucking statement right there

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:51 am 
Registered Member

I keep buying R* games and will be buying Red Dead Redemption 2 but the last R* game I really enjoyed was probably Manhunt 2 back in 2006. Maybe since R* got Manhunt 2 banned over here until it was later released censored they have lost their balls. Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3, GTA 4 and GTA V came out since then(not counting Undead Nightmare and EFLC as those were DLC) and although I enjoyed them a bit they pale in comparison to the past games. Max Payne 3 was probably the best of the bunch though surprisingly. I don't give one single shit about online though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:31 am 
The Red Kings

See that's the sad and fucked up part about this situation in the gaming industry. You got tons of old school players still wanting single player titles and companies are saying "we still see and we still care about you single players" yet more and more companies are jumping on the "we see this new breed of players that are paying other companies fucktons of cash to stay on top in these competitive online multiplayer games let's focus on that now" bandwagon the old single players who basically invented the gaming hobby as we know it are being tossed aside like garbage. I mean fuck Rockstar is basically online multiplayer focused now after GTA online, soon to be RDR2 online. Bethesda is slowly selling out "we're making money off Elder Scrolls online, so let's make Fallout 76!" They might be one of the last to go fully focused online but its going to happen. Our days as gamers is soon going to fade into dust as we get bored of playing the same old games with companies not offering us anything else because every single one is going for the money.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:29 am 
Registered Member

Well thankfully single player games are still a thing. From the top of my head God of War, Spider-Man, Witcher 3 and Persona 5 are all great games and not a single sign of shitty online. They also don't do shitty businesses practices. Coming up Assassins Creed and Kingdom Hearts 3 don't have online too.

On a side note: I hate how some games are hyped to shit these days. I see previews of RDR2 all saying how R* have pushed games forward yet again with RDR2 and I can't help but just roll my eyes. It'll be a good game but I see nothing revolutionary.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:54 am 
The Cerberus

wwinterj wrote:
Well thankfully single player games are still a thing. From the top of my head God of War, Spider-Man, Witcher 3 and Persona 5 are all great games and not a single sign of shitty online. They also don't do shitty businesses practices. Coming up Assassins Creed and Kingdom Hearts 3 don't have online too.

It's good to be reminded of that. I sometimes fear for the SP of games.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:01 am 
The Red Kings

Goretex wrote:
wwinterj wrote:

It's good to be reminded of that. I sometimes fear for the SP of games.

While wwinterj makes a valid point as there are still single player games there you have a rational reason to fear for single player games Gortex. Look no further then DMC 5. The other DMC games were always single player, not anymore! Capcom is adding both microtransactions and online multiplayer with the 3 different characters. DMC same vein as God of War and it's now being raped by the new generation. Capcoms probably gonna have competitions and shit for who can get the most style points. True question is.... Exactly how long do we have to go? This year it's DMC being changed to suit these pussy ass online multiplayer fags. Which beloved game series is next? God of war 5? Witcher 4? I just don't fucking know anymore, sometimes I wish us old school single players would start a revolution against this type of shit but alas I don't see that happening because too many are converting to it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next