It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Underrated games...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:59 pm 
Registered Member

Manhunt,Mafia 1(Most people talk about Mafia 2,but they forget about this game for some reason),GTA:CTW,GTA:LCS,GTA:VCS,Batman Arkham Origins,Hitman series...

“You know, I think it's important to keep a balance in things. Yeah, balance, that's the right word. Cause the guy who wants too much risks losing absolutely everything. Of course, the one who wants too little from life, might not get anything at all.”

― Thomas Angelo

Post subject: Re: Underrated games...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:45 pm 
Registered Member

How the fuck are these underrated!? Majority of those have been critically acclaimed and have won numerous awards. Condemned, there's a damn fine series that's underrated!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:11 am 
The Red Kings

Manhunt is the game most people only whispered about when it came out due not wanting the stigma of playing it, me i proudly told everyone it was my favorite. Goobys right though most of these aren't underrated. The psp gtas while they might of been passed over by gta sa fanboys are still pretty well known to psp and older gta game enthusiasts. GTA LCS is my third favorite behind 4 and Vice City. I spent hours in gta ctw just driving and dealing drugs on psp. Mafia is basically gtas little brother though mafia 2 is one of my favorite Xbox 360 games, mafia 3 can burn in hell. Not much for the batman games myself but i like the fighting system they made that so many games copied. Hitman well i don't have much to say about the last two games since i didn't like the directions they took. Silent Assassin to Blood Money though i spent hours on trying to earn silent assassin ranking. Those are iconic games to me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:17 am 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
How the fuck are these underrated!? Majority of those have been critically acclaimed and have won numerous awards. Condemned, there's a damn fine series that's underrated!

Well,people rarely talk about these games and these games are not that mainstream(as for BM:AO,fans kinda hate it for some reason...)

Carcer City Hood wrote:
Goobys right though most of these aren't underrated.

Carcer City Hood wrote:
Mafia is basically gtas little brother though mafia 2 is one of my favorite Xbox 360 games, mafia 3 can burn in hell.

Mafia 1 is underrated as hell,people rarely talk about it...

“You know, I think it's important to keep a balance in things. Yeah, balance, that's the right word. Cause the guy who wants too much risks losing absolutely everything. Of course, the one who wants too little from life, might not get anything at all.”

― Thomas Angelo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:26 am 
The Red Kings

xxCSPROxx wrote:
Gooby wrote:

Well,people rarely talk about it and these games are not that mainstream(as for B:AO,fans kinda hate it for some reason)...

Carcer City Hood wrote:

Carcer City Hood wrote:
Mafia is basically gtas little brother though mafia 2 is one of my favorite Xbox 360 games, mafia 3 can burn in hell.

Probably cause its PS2 era nobody talks about PS2 games anymore except those that were there for it and most of those people have grown up got jobs and have kids and don't play games as much or at all so they ain't there to talk "yeah i remember mafia 1 from back in the day it was great" thier talk is "shit i gotta i take my kid to daycare". Bottom line is people still talk mafia 2 cause those who play it are mostly still young enough to have time to play it. The only ones who still remember mafia 1or the PS1-PS2 era for that matter are ones like us who refused to grow up into what society wanted us to: boring ass adults with a job and kids and no free time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:37 am 
Registered Member

Carcer City Hood wrote:
xxCSPROxx wrote:
Gooby wrote:

Well,people rarely talk about it and these games are not that mainstream(as for B:AO,fans kinda hate it for some reason)...

Carcer City Hood wrote:

Carcer City Hood wrote:

Probably cause its PS2 era nobody talks about PS2 games anymore except those that were there for it and most of those people have grown up got jobs and have kids and don't play games as much or at all so they ain't there to talk "yeah i remember mafia 1 from back in the day it was great" thier talk is "shit i gotta i take my kid to daycare". Bottom line is people still talk mafia 2 cause those who play it are mostly still young enough to have time to play it. The only ones who still remember mafia 1or the PS1-PS2 era for that matter are ones like us who refused to grow up into what society wanted us to: boring ass adults with a job and kids and no free time.
Yeah,your right...But people still talk about GTA San Andreas even though it's from the PS2 era...And even older is Goldeneye 007 and that's from the PS1 and N64 era...

― Thomas Angelo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:43 am 
The Red Kings

xxCSPROxx wrote:
Carcer City Hood wrote:
xxCSPROxx wrote:
Gooby wrote:

Carcer City Hood wrote:

Carcer City Hood wrote:

Yeah,your right...But people still talk about GTA San Andreas even though it's from the PS2 era...And even older is Goldeneye 007 and that's from the PS1 and N64 era...

GTA SA is a legend and it got physically ported to the ps3 and 360 which is the main reason it still gets talked about because these newer gen kids can still have access to it without going back to PS2, hell its ported version is still sold at my local Gamestop. Golden eye 007 not sure about it. A prime example of PS2 players being gone is a old friend i ran into this fall while i was hanging outside a gas station. Me and him were friends in high school and we used to play TM Black on PS2 a lot back in the day but we hadn't seen each other since we graduated. He told me how he knocked up a girl shortly after high school and has 2 kids and works full time now. I told him how my life really hadn't changed much since we were teenagers and asked if he still gamed and told me he was too busy to and hadn't touched a system since early late PS3 era. I quickly realized i wasn't too happy to see him anymore and made up a excuse to leave, a friend like that i dont need.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:41 pm 
Registered Member

Persona 5 although that's popular I guess. With that said whenever I try and talk about it in real life nobody seems to know what the fuck it is so it is a niche game. To be fair it was my first game in the series though so eh. It's for sure my game of the year. Perhaps even one of the best games this generation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:16 am 
The Smilies

The Getaway for PS2 comes to mind, I'd even go as far to say it was better than GTA.

A lot of the Disney-licensed games for PS1 were amazing too, as were the Harry Potter games.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 am 
Registered Member

Summoner 2. Amazing game that no one has ever heard of.

Zom-B wrote:
Wouldn't that be strange? To unmask someone and find they look exactly the same underneath.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11982

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:56 pm 
Registered Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:25 pm 
Registered Member

cashlamb wrote:

THIS

THIS SO MUCH

Cashlamb, this is a truly amazing game that never got the publicity and appreciation it deserved. I've completed it 100% on 360 and i love it! For those unfamiliar, this is a open world game best described as a combination of Hitman (Disguised based stealth) and GTA.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:39 am 
Registered Member

Hatred, Postal 1 and Spec Ops: The Line

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:24 am 
Registered Member

Not really underrated. They just don't get talked about.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:09 am 
Registered Member

relsseS wrote:
Summoner 2. Amazing game that no one has ever heard of.

I came to this thread to talk about Summoner 2, not remembering I'd already done that. Weird deja vu. Although it's not really deja vu if it's literally already happened before?

Man, I've been bummed out lately in terms of gaming. Lots of games, all of them boring as fuck. I'm just not immersed anymore. Not after Witcher 3.

Zom-B wrote:
Wouldn't that be strange? To unmask someone and find they look exactly the same underneath.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11982