It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:04 am 
Registered Member

games rarely spark interest in me anymore cuz theyr all the same fuckin online multiplayer focused shit these days and gone are the good ol days of immersive single play3r titles. with few exceptions ofc... kingdom come and far cry 5 for example

tis the thread for appreciating the latter one, i personally havent bought it yet cuz im poor as an obese street whore but i will in the futur

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:26 pm 
The Red Kings

I ain't got it either but ive talked to some people who have it and they say its really good. A big map tons of collecting and the physics engine when shooting i heard is top notch. One of the funniest things is you can make your character black and attack a bunch of white "Christians"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:39 pm 
Registered Member

Ugh... i'm glad as hell playing as a nigger is OPTIONAL. Thank fucking god! The game looks awesome overall, though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:17 pm 
Registered Member

I'll keep this as spoiler free as possible. I've been playing the game a bit(currently in the first region I went to) and can say that this game feels more compact that past Far Cry games. No matter where you go there is always something to do. The main antagonists seem cool too. Although the story isn't in depth so far it does what it needs to. I also like how much freedom the game gives you in doing what you want. Save for the odd forced story mission that happens no matter what you're doing you're free to do what you want when you want. I also like the buddies system. I've only unlocked two of them so far but each of them seem to have their uses(like Metal Gear Solid 5). The melee has been improved a lot too and that's great for when I attempt stealth. Although I admit that goes tits up quick enough so I just end up blowing the cult members to bits. My favourite Far Cry game is Primal and I won't know if this tops it or not until I've completed it but so far so good. If you like Far Cry games then this is obviously still a Far Cry game but does enough to keep it fresh so I'd say it's worth playing at least.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:36 pm 
Registered Member

wwinterj wrote:
I'll keep this as spoiler free as possible. I've been playing the game a bit(currently in the first region I went to) and can say that this game feels more compact that past Far Cry games. No matter where you go there is always something to do. The main antagonists seem cool too. Although the story isn't in depth so far it does what it needs to. I also like how much freedom the game gives you in doing what you want. Save for the odd forced story mission that happens no matter what you're doing you're free to do what you want when you want. I also like the buddies system. I've only unlocked two of them so far but each of them seem to have their uses(like Metal Gear Solid 5). The melee has been improved a lot too and that's great for when I attempt stealth. Although I admit that goes tits up quick enough so I just end up blowing the cult members to bits. My favourite Far Cry game is Primal and I won't know if this tops it or not until I've completed it but so far so good. If you like Far Cry games then this is obviously still a Far Cry game but does enough to keep it fresh so I'd say it's worth playing at least.

The map is also interesting to me, i've always liked rural American places. In fact, the boring shitty ass mongolia map prevented me from enjoying Far Cry 4 at all, it was such a fucking disappointment after the beautiful exotic jungle of FC3. The editor is gonna be one of the main reasons i'll be getting FC5, it's THE shit, you can practically make another game with it. Good to hear stealth's been improved too, even though nowadays my patience has gotten much worse and i just like to blow everything to fucking pieces...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:23 pm 
Registered Member

I didn't care much for farcry 4 but I liked farcry 3. Funny thing is I have never actually owned farcry 3 but back when I was about 14 I had a great mate and I stayed at his house for like a week then he would stay at mine a week, this happened for a long time and he had farcry 3 so we would just get high and played farcry 3 from start till finish. I am on the fence about farcry 5 but its not like I could play it on my 6yr old laptop anyway.

One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:34 am 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
The map is also interesting to me, i've always liked rural American places.

Oh you'll love this then. It's very American.

Gooby wrote:
In fact, the boring shitty ass mongolia map prevented me from enjoying Far Cry 4 at all, it was such a fucking disappointment after the beautiful exotic jungle of FC3.

I don't know man I enjoyed Far Cry 4 too. A lot seem to love Far Cry 3 for Vaas and while he was great he wasn't even the main antagonist. I think every Far Cry has improved since 3 on the gameplay side of things. Even with Primal that has no guns it still had great gameplay that I enjoyed. Even more so the beast master skill. I'm happy to see they improved on that with Far Cry 5 with the buddy system though.

Gooby wrote:
The editor is gonna be one of the main reasons i'll be getting FC5, it's THE shit, you can practically make another game with it.

I've not tried that yet but I will do once I complete the game. By then perhaps folk would have created some good maps. While it's great it has assets from other Ubi games such as Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed it could have a problem. I'm not sure if some created maps are playable without the DLC that Far Cry 5 will have as some of the maps will use that DLCs assets such as Zombies. I hope this is not the case but if WWE games are to go by some user generated content requires you to have the DLC in order to download it. While you're not downloading it with Far Cry 5 it could still need the data to run the map. We shall see once the first DLC drops. I certainly don't plan on buying any of the DLC.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:30 am 
SWAT

The map editor in the FC series has always been aweeome. I spend so much time in FC2 multiplayer playing escape maps/puzzle maps. The "theme park" maps were always fun as well.

I remember someone made a very accurate "Grove Street" map that I really liked as well. Literally anything you can imagine was made in the FC2 map editor. It seems like it'll be the same in this one too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:15 pm 
Registered Member

Watched one of Stimpee's videos aboot this game and it looks like a giant clusterfuck. He does specialize in showing bugs in games, though. I will try it out, eventually. Some day. I just can't stand the Weapon model FOV. The guns look like they're lodged inside the character's head. I always hated that and nowadays games seem to intent on doing this specifically with no options to change the view.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:26 am 
Registered Member

KarlTheFookin'Legend wrote:
Watched one of Stimpee's videos aboot this game and it looks like a giant clusterfuck.

If you like carnage this game defiantly has it. I like to stand and watch the mess that's happening on screen. :twisted:

KarlTheFookin'Legend wrote:
He does specialize in showing bugs in games, though.

It wasn't until this game that I actually see some of the bugs that people talk about. Nothing game breaking yet but they are indeed present. Mostly A.I related so provides some interesting moments.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:49 pm 
Registered Member

This game looks sick. Can't wait to play it

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:52 am 
The Cerberus

I recently got this, I'd been postponing it becauce I'm busy, but finally couldn't resist. I'll say, it's the best Far Cry game so far. Compact map, but still big, lots to do, the best villains in any FC game so far, great graphics, few bugs that I've seen, etc.

The setting is also great, and it's refreshingly political in a good way, telling how people are being charged for collecting rainwater and how preppers might have a point.