It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: drugs
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:57 pm 
The Watchdogs

just did the getting to know you questionairre, and alot of people here seem really against drugs.
im not against drugs, but im not promoting thier use either, & im not forcing my opinion on anyone. i used to be really against drugs, but if thats what people buzz off or get any gain out of, why should i have a cry at them and tell them to stop? they wouldnt listem anyway.
what do people here think about people who take drugs? does it depend on class? (the UK have different "classes" of drugs, dont know if america is the same...)

here is a list

Cannabis
Painkillers
Amphetamines
Ritalin
LSD
Crack
Crystal Meth
Mushrooms
Steroids
Alcohol
Tobacco
Ecstasy
Heroin
Ketamine
GHB

there are obviously many more - if you can be arsed write what you think about the drug & the type of people who take them. if you have taken any of the above write what you thought about the experience. it would be interesting to know what peoples conceptions are

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: drugs
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:07 pm 
The Smilies

Almost all of my friends smoke cigs and every now and then a few of them (me included) smoke weed. More often than weed though is drinking, but it's still not common, at least for me. No big deal type of stuff.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:09 pm 
The Clowns

Personally, I take no drugs and find that a good portion of the people that do are often losers. Despite that, I don't care what other people do as long as it does not affect my life negatively in any way. That is what freedom is supposed to be about. The only time I have a problem with drugs is if the result is a negative to me or others that don't take them such as any increase in health insurance to cover junkies or expenses involved in auto accidents or any other instances that would be paid in the long term by tax payers that do not take drugs. If someone wants to be a drug addict, that is fine with me as long as they pay all of their own expenses related to their actions. In a large majority of cases, the hardcore drug users do not carry insurance or can't afford it because they spend too much of their money on the drugs therefore making the paying citizens cover their expenses by means of higher rates because of their irresponsibility. That is where it becomes a problem for me.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:21 pm 
The Watchdogs

I can honestly say I've never drank, smoked a cig, or done drugs. I don't plan on doing it soon either.

A good friend of mine does smoke weed from time to time and asks me to join him. I just turn it down and we leave it at that. About 75% of teenagers here are either smoking cigs or doing weed. It's kind of annoying going places with a load of smoke in your face.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:24 pm 
The Smilies

my honest opion is this

drinking is ok with me it does not get you high and think pixies are after you and yes i've been known too have a swig or two here and there

smoking cigarettes fine enough its your decsion never smoked one though

drugs i'm cool with you if you take them i don't bitch for my friends too stop i just tell them i won't do it ,hold it ,or hide it for you and don't hang out with me when you have a joint in your pocket i don't want to get in trouble only because i stood near you and had a conversation

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:30 pm 
SWAT

I don't mind stuff like marijuana as it's one of the "lighter" ones though the hard stuff like coke or meth I just hate. If you gotta snort something up shoot it in your veins to have fun and feel good, that's sad. very, very sad.

cotter wrote:
i used to wonder why no one blamed shitty pop groups for murder, they used to drive me insane

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:33 pm 
The Smilies

yes meth and heroin and coke scare the shit out of me i whatched a thing they had this hot chick right well she started meth and within a year she looked older than my grandmother *shudders*

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:36 pm 
SWAT

Mmhm. Drinking is fine as long as you don't get fucked up and violent when drunk. though honestly if your a heavy drug user or a abuser with something other than cigs, weed or booze especially the hard stuff i'm just gonna leave you, as I hate people like that. (theres this girl at my old school, she's always high on ecstasy, coke that shit and honestly she won't live past 25 at her rate. She`s already in jail for possession of cocaine)

cotter wrote:
i used to wonder why no one blamed shitty pop groups for murder, they used to drive me insane

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:38 pm 
The Smilies

actually weed ruined my old friends life he i had known him since 3rd grade he started smoking in 6th by 8th he had no friends couldn't get a date lost three teeth(fights for 1 tooth and he kept forgetting too brush his teeth for the other 2) its sad because somethimes me and my friends walk by hid house there he is crying with a joint in his hand on his front porch

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:38 pm 
SWAT

I would say that most drug users get a bad reputation. People always think that they're sacks of shit who never have money and can never be trusted. Practically all my friends are drug users and they're reliable people with good paying jobs, even wives. If we offer drugs to somebody who we don't know doesn't use, we don't pressure them. We're not fuckers. I myself smoke weed occastionally and once in a blue moon drop acid and I'm also a social smoker. And I do believe everyone should try acid at least once. It will probably change your life. If not, you'll have the time of your life. Just make sure you know your source and substance. I'll try any other hallucinogenic drug, as long as it's found for me. I'm not going to waste my resources getting drugs. Though the shit I will never touch is PCP, crack, and meth.

And I don't see drugs being worse than alcohol. Drugs and alcohol are almost the same. You and a bunch of other people are having a fun time in an altered state. If you research stuff about drugs, you'll find a lot of propaganda. I know a heroin user who does it about once every three months (and it's just whenever he wants to). There's really no such thing as an addiction. Your BODY may crave it, but not you're mind. It's mind over matter. The people that fall into addiction are usually teenagers or poor people.

I do agree that drugs can ruin people's lives if taken to early. You're more impressionable when you're young and your body and mind probably cannot handle a drug all too well.

Just remember that there is a difference between drug use and drug abuse. Drugs are supposed to make you feel good and have a fun time, like alcohol. I'm not depressed in anyway, mind you, I just like experiencing a different reality that you could not normally achieve. If anybody else has any questions I'll be glad to try and answer them.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:53 pm 
The Smilies

Witchety, you are now on my list of "Dudes That Are Incredibly Awesome". You're right up there with Makoto Nagano and Les Stroud.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:30 pm 
The Smilies

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:35 pm 
SWAT

NewgroundsFan123 wrote:

Of course not, real men and winners use steroids, it`s not a drug it`s just a little boost!

cotter wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:42 pm 
The Cerberus

Like Human Tornado said; I've never taken drugs, drunk alcohol, smoked cigarettes, even had any caffeine, and I'm not exactly planning on starting either. I don't have anything against people who do drugs, either, it's their decision. And it doesn't make them bad people or anything. One of the guys I work with does marijuana occasionally (sometimes on the job, usually not), and it hasn't affected him in the slightest (be it through his behavior, his actions, his control over his actions, anything).

And I agree with what Whitchity said about drugs being just as dangerous as alcohol. In fact, based on statistics alone, alcohol is far more dangerous than any drug. It causes more accidents, beatings, car crashes, injuries, deaths, and so on, than any drug on the market. I think drugs just have the problem of being too new (after all, beer's been around since the ancient Egyptians, so people are pretty used to it by now).

I disagree with him, though, on the addiction front. For the most part it's mind over matter, but the thing is, you take a drug enough times, and eventually your body will become so used to having it there that it needs it there, and then you've got a serious physical addiction, one that can actually be made a little worse when you start to quit the drug. It's possible to overcome, but it's a hard road (which is mostly psychological, so I guess he is actually right about it).

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:46 pm 
The Smilies

I also snorted my friend's acne medicine once. It was fucking gross and I didn't even feel anything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next