It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:59 am 
Registered Member

Does anybody else feel disconnected from others as a species? Ever since i've been capable of remembering, i've never felt connected to my fellow humans, i don't think i perceive and experience life like humans beings do. I feel like an alien, the bodysnatching type to be precise, those which are often portrayed in movies as infiltrating the earth by mimicking humans' appearance and behavior.

This thought only just recently hit my mind when i was recalling how strange and outlandish i've been described as by mostly every long-term human contact i've ever met. Come to think of it, the closest thing i have to an emotional (if u can even call it that) connection with other humans, is some of you longtime guys here, such as wwinterj, cch, 712 and Deagle.

As for how little i relate to humans as my own species, take an insect for example, when you crush a bug or see a cat kill some larger insect like a tarantula, that's exactly how much i feel when or if i were to see a person being murdered or beaten up. In short, i empathize with human suffering as much as i do with insects in the same context.

Also, a very universal hobby which is listening to music is almost an alien concept for me. I've never listened to music on my freetime, i don't understand the goal or the point of hearing these synched tones that people call "music". Is music supposed to produce some sort of pleasure chemicals in the human brain? Does this apply to humans of all genetic types? Musical tones have zero effect on my brain, apparently, that is.

The question is, do you feel detached from your species?

#alien #goobyexposed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:49 pm 
Registered Member

In the way I don't have the normal need to interact with anyone. As long as I have my favorite electronics, money, consumables and my car works, where and why would i need people in my life anywhere? I'm happily in relationship with my beer can storage.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:55 pm 
The Red Kings

Yes i must say i feel the similar. While i walk around the city occasionally random strangers try speaking to me, (usually trying to bum a cigarette which i never have) im always thinking "what gives you the fucking right to speak to me" before walking quickly away. Most of my life I've never had much use for friends, sports or other types of normal interaction of growing up. I kept to books, slasher films and video games, a lot of solitary hobbies where i don't have to interact with people. School felt alot like prison seeing people i didn't particularly like or want anything to do with. Teachers who thought i was weird and a lost cause. Everyday i couldn't wait to get home and fire up the ps2 or dvd player. Most people just annoy me with thier unopened minds to the topics of snuff films and Manhunt. Some people act like theres something wrong with me when i think theres something wrong with them. Most people just suck in general and deserve to die.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:33 pm 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
The question is, do you feel detached from your species?

Somewhat. I feel I don't belong a lot of the time and don't seem to have what "normal" people have at my age such as a job, gf/wife, kids and friends. No matter what I do this doesn't seem to change much and while I have acquaintances to some degree social interaction and society norms have always been a enigma to me.

I also don't care about a lot of things that folk seem to get hot and bothered about. It actually confuses me as to why they get so upset about it. For example drama happening in other peoples lives that doesn't effect them. On the plus side though this means I'm very open minded this I can get on with people no matter their walk of life, religion, sexuality or race. I'd see that as a good thing on reflection.

Although I care about very little things I do have emotions though and things that do bother me despite it having no effect on my life per say so perhaps I'm been hypocritical. I can't stand rapists, animal abuses or child molesters for example.

As you may already know though I'm also a "down to earth" type of guy meaning I don't feel the need to lie about things but again this is a good thing as it means I mean what I say and I can be trusted. Although I have very few folk I care about I'm certainly loyal to those I do and won't act a certain way because society tells me that's what I should do. All in all with me what you see is what you get.

I know I'm not the only person who's this way though or at least other people do display similar traits, have a mind I can relate to in some way and like things I do such as music, wrestling, being naked and so on. I'm also a very chilled back guy who's approachable and I don't take offence easy so I wouldn't say I feel I'm not human. It's just folk like that are very few and far between.

Last edited by wwinterj on Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:36 pm 
Registered Member

Deagle195 wrote:
Not this attention whoring shit again

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:35 pm 
Registered Member

wwinterj wrote:
snip

I like your personality type. I care about very little things in this world and my interests are progressively getting fewer and fewer as the time goes on. I feel like nothing matters and everything is truly insignificant when you're experiencing this world through a highly intelligent mind which doesn't filter nor cloud one's perception nearly as much as is the case with average people. I hate it how naive and shallow the modern society makes people grow into. Perhaps my overly analytical and intellectual mindset has developed over time due to my chronic anhedonia (inability to enjoy anything). I'll write a proper response to other replies later... i'm going back to bed now to escape reality.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:08 pm 
Registered Member

What is partially being described is misanthropy, I think from the sounds of things most people here suffer from it at various degrees. I stole all this from the internet

#1 Misanthropes generally have more sense than the people around them.
#2 Misanthropes dislike drama.
#3 Misanthropes are most likely introverted people.

Signs you could be a Misanthrope:

You love the Internet.
You rarely visit social media, if you’re interested in social media at all.
You have little tolerance for small talk. You have offended, and will offend people.
You maintain a lot of personal space.
Your headphones are your best friend
Your concept of recreation is an activity involving little to no people at all.
Sarcasm is your language
You’d rather not have a significant other
You have a difficult time making new friends
You have some sort of anxiety disorder

One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:21 pm 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
As for how little i relate to humans as my own species, take an insect for example, when you crush a bug or see a cat kill some larger insect like a tarantula, that's exactly how much i feel when or if i were to see a person being murdered or beaten up. In short, i empathize with human suffering as much as i do with insects in the same context.

You said it yourself, "i empathize with human suffering as much as i do with insects in the same context." Clearly there is a lack of empathy, which is not a bad thing in my eyes. Where is this rule book everyone goes on about that you need to care for other people or you are a bad guy.

Gooby wrote:
Also, a very universal hobby which is listening to music is almost an alien concept for me. I've never listened to music on my freetime, i don't understand the goal or the point of hearing these synched tones that people call "music". Is music supposed to produce some sort of pleasure chemicals in the human brain? Does this apply to humans of all genetic types? Musical tones have zero effect on my brain, apparently, that is.

Music for me gets my imagination going but also depending on the situation. Sometimes I listen to music to help block out other distractions like at college for example, it is an excuse for people not to talk to you. When I am going to bed or just sitting with nothing to do I will put on some music and close my eyes and just let my imagination flow in the direction of the music. Relatability is also another good factor is why I listen to music and how I choose it.

One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:22 am 
Registered Member

Sweet Tooth wrote:

Apart from these the rest of your post certainly rings true for me. I wouldn't call being like that suffering though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:10 am 
Registered Member

Sort of... I like vintage stuff and most of the people I meet IRL are the most generic pieces of shit they are. They don't have the same interests as me.

“You know, I think it's important to keep a balance in things. Yeah, balance, that's the right word. Cause the guy who wants too much risks losing absolutely everything. Of course, the one who wants too little from life, might not get anything at all.”

― Thomas Angelo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:12 am 
Registered Member

Sweet Tooth wrote:
You said it yourself, "i empathize with human suffering as much as i do with insects in the same context." Clearly there is a lack of empathy, which is not a bad thing in my eyes. Where is this rule book everyone goes on about that you need to care for other people or you are a bad guy.

Yeah it's been very clear to me ever since i was a lil' brat that i can't feel what others are feeling in the moment. Not even if i wanted to, it seems i simply lack the ability to share other peoples emotions. I'm pretty sure i've either hit my head really hard on something as a kid which caused brain damage to my frontal lobe, the part which is responsibly for empathy and emotions OR i was just born emotionally retarded.

Who the fucks knows...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:30 pm 
Registered Member

xxCSPROxx wrote:
I like vintage stuff

Time to attend to local grab a granny night I think.

Gooby wrote:
I'm pretty sure i've either hit my head really hard on something as a kid which caused brain damage to my frontal lobe, the part which is responsibly for empathy and emotions OR i was just born emotionally retarded.

Interesting you point that out. As a baby/toddler I was shuck so hard by the thing that gave birth to me(I assume because I wouldn't stop crying) that I ended up with some kind of brain damage or at least close to that. I was told I wouldn't live past a very young age(according to my dad) yet here I am at 31 and I have no lasting damage I'm aware of. It could have certainly gone another way though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:44 pm 
The Red Kings

Sweet Tooth wrote:
What is partially being described is misanthropy, I think from the sounds of things most people here suffer from it at various degrees. I stole all this from the internet

#1 Misanthropes generally have more sense than the people around them.
#2 Misanthropes dislike drama.
#3 Misanthropes are most likely introverted people.

Signs you could be a Misanthrope:

You love the Internet.
You have little tolerance for small talk. You have offended, and will offend people.
You maintain a lot of personal space.
Your concept of recreation is an activity involving little to no people at all.
Sarcasm is your language
You have a difficult time making new friends
You have some sort of anxiety disorder

Apart from not having a significant other. This whole thing describes me well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:03 pm 
Registered Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:05 pm 
Registered Member

omelette wrote:
In the way I don't have the normal need to interact with anyone. As long as I have my favorite electronics, money, consumables and my car works, where and why would i need people in my life anywhere? I'm happily in relationship with my beer can storage.

I'm about the same.