It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:20 am 
Registered Member

wwinterj wrote:
Some would argue that nobody has actually died and come back to life so wouldn't have experienced death. They have a point as even if the heart stops the brain can still be going. Still I believe death is just like being put to sleep. Meaning just as before life there is nothing, there is nothing after it. It's sad when you think about it but when you die you won't even know and nothing will matter.

Can't say I'd ever take my own life though as no matter how shitty my existence maybe I know I'm lucky to have life when others have died at a young age with no choice in the matter. Those who commit suicide are weak and selfish to me but I understand they do that because they don't see a way out. Not because they actually want to die. Still providing folk don't put other peoples lives in danger I honestly don't acre what most folk do with themselves.

We have very similar views on death not so much on life.

One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:25 am 
Registered Member

Sweet Tooth wrote:

My sister dying of cancer at the age of 26 put things into prospective for me. I'm not saying I'm always a positive guy but I know things can certainly be worse.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:40 am 
Registered Member

wwinterj wrote:
Sweet Tooth wrote:

My sister dying of cancer at the age of 26 put things into prospective for me. I'm not saying I'm always a positive guy but I know things can certainly be worse.

Do you care about her? I suppose it would be ''normal'' to assume you love her, but due to my extremely cynical and misanthropic view on humanity these days i take nothing for granted.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:44 am 
Registered Member

Life is not a guarantee, I’m sure it was very sad for you because you know the truth. There is no life after death, you just die and cease to exist. You will never see her again. People love to over complicate life. There are no gods, magic or anything of the sort, life is purely scientific. Another reality people find it hard to grasp is there is no meaning to life and life is only as valuable as each individuals see it. Some people cherish life some other hold it very cheaply.

One Side.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:59 am 
Registered Member

Sweet Tooth wrote:
Life is not a guarantee, I’m sure it was very sad for you because you know the truth. There is no life after death, you just die and cease to exist. You will never see her again. People love to over complicate life. There are no gods, magic or anything of the sort, life is purely scientific. Another reality people find it hard to grasp is there is no meaning to life and life is only as valuable as each individuals see it. Some people cherish life some other hold it very cheaply.

I like your cold-hearted but realistic take on life Sweet Tooth. That's exactly how i see it too, purely scientifically. Gods, angels and such were only invented by us to serve as comfort during difficult times. They don't exist, never have and never will. We live in an universe where things happen because of physics and nature, nothing supernatural or mythical about it. And i also agree on your last point, life indeed has no meaning, unless you create a fake one for it and live under that illusion.

Now this may be just us cold and jaded cynics rambling about our dark perspective on life without seeing the bigger picture, but until someone can scientifically prove me that God or creatures beyond the laws of physics exist, i won't believe in anything greater than what we already know... Such a depressing outlook on life, i know, but i'd rather be a gritty cynic who sees life for what it is rather than an optimistic fool who lives under the illusion of happiness and false hope.

Typing all this melancholic shit made me feel like Mr. Payne again :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:13 am 
Registered Member

I tried my best to explain it in words. I have a book where I write down and my philosophy, beliefs and traits. it’s a good past time and helps vent anger writing down all the things you dislike in the world. I don’t believe anything non scientific or nature and never will. People who genuinely believe in a god and I say genuinely because a lot of people say they do to fit in or please friends and family, they are weak and crave purpose in their life’s so they imagine a super human being spawned them on this planet to do what live, by a code and rules, by HIS code and rules because they can’t come up with their own moral code. I could really go on all day because like I mentioned I have a small book I wrote on this stuff.

One Side.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:26 pm 
Registered Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:02 pm 
Registered Member

One Side.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:28 pm 
Registered Member

Sweet Tooth wrote:

Pretty much. It's both a beautiful and terrible thing. I'm always on the border of sickening pessimism with bursts of half-baked optimism every now and then. The good feelings are usually shut down quickly by something unfortunate happening to remind me that I will never get ahead in life.

Within a hundred years no trace of us will even exist, and I use that knowledge to live life according to what I see fit. I litter, steal from walmart, and wait until the last possible moment to do anything that I need to do but don't want to. But also, I harshly tell the truth, keep an open honest relationship with my dwindling number of friends and girlfriend (I'm surprised I even have one, we're both pieces of shit with no motivation to find someone better so we just decided to settle with each other, it's kinda sad but cool at the same time) and just do whatever the fuck I want. Although I have the least amount of motivation these days that I've ever had. I can no longer put hours into practicing guitar/drums/songwriting, decorating my frog tank, building or playing a good video game, or even just cleaning up the house. It's so fucking hard to do anything when you know that there's just no point, that nothing you do will ever matter. That's one of the reasons why I don't actually kill myself, because I know it will happen anyway and probably when I least want it or expect it. I'm almost fairly certain that once I begin to enjoy life and succeed, that's when I will accidentally die in some type of bullshit accident. So I feel that my pessimism actually keeps me alive. I noticed that the more I enjoy doing something, the more that something evades me and punishes me. So if I dislike living, I'll end up being a 100 year old man.

Zom-B wrote:
Wouldn't that be strange? To unmask someone and find they look exactly the same underneath.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11982

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 3:58 pm 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
Do you care about her?

Absolutely. I care about very little things in life but close family is something I value a lot despite probably not showing it as much as I should. Even in their death that doesn't change.