It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:42 am 
Registered Member

I do not want any wanna-be tough guys acting up on this topic so if that's what crossed your mind at the sight of this thread then you can fuck off this instant.

I personally see street fights as scenarios which always pose a high chance of a potentially lethal outcome, and i do my utmost best to avoid getting into physical confrontations. When left with no choice, but to engage, i utilize the mentality which i've developed over the years to cope with the stress of the ever-present physical threat we humans will always pose to one another in this world of ours.
This mentality in question consists of my belief that honor, simply put, is nothing, but a mere handicap in one's mind when it comes to defending yourself from others.

I embrace myself in my knowledge of combat pragmatism and how often people fighting on the street, fight as if there were some sort of rules of engagement which obviously do not exist aside from the law that is ignored in the moment. To this day, i do not comprehend the mindset of those who actively crave for physical encounters with others. I consider such people as having a deathwish, and people like that can have no positive effect on anyone around them so it is in my best interest to avoid them.

Now, to delve deeper into the concept of combat pragmatism. First, here's a quote copied from the page that likely invented this whole term.

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

This should give you a fair idea on what combat pragmatism centers around (It's from a movie that obviously everyone's at least heard of.) It's what any self-respecting street-survivor should embrace and base their survival skills around. This concept has always been frowned upon since it's supposedly dishonorable, but i rather stay alive and well, than keep my honor, which is also a man-made concept ranted upon dirty fighters to encourage them from utilizing the unfair, but effective tactics.

For more information, read here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... Pragmatist

Now, what is your stance on fighting IRL?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:42 pm 
The Cerberus

I agree on that sentiment. Fighting should ideally only be done in self defense, and that's basic survival, so no need to fight by any non-existent rules. However, I've seen some people get beat over being harrassing and threatening, but without starting the fight, and I think that's justified in some cases.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:30 pm 
The Red Kings

In a fight situation i never fight fair because i dont expect the other person to. I go for weapons. If i ain't got anything on me, i look around quickly. "If you aint packing you got to be resourceful. Always keep your space and use your head or its gonna stomped" Things i learned from The Warriors video game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:56 pm 
Registered Member

Carcer City Hood wrote:
In a fight situation i never fight fair because i dont expect the other person to. I go for weapons. If i ain't got anything on me, i look around quickly. "If you aint packing you got to be resourceful. Always keep your space and use your head or its gonna stomped" Things i learned from The Warriors video game.

That is a good attitude. Improvisation and unfair tactics are the key to success when it comes to surviving in a rough neighborhood.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:01 pm 
Registered Member

When in a fight I run away like a little girl, ok?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:16 pm 
Registered Member

wwinterj wrote:
When in a fight I run away like a little girl, ok?

Ok :|

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:13 am 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
I do not want any wanna-be tough guys acting up on this topic so if that's what crossed your mind at the sight of this thread then you can fuck off this instant.

I personally see street fights as scenarios which always pose a high chance of a potentially lethal outcome, and i do my utmost best to avoid getting into physical confrontations. When left with no choice, but to engage, i utilize the mentality which i've developed over the years to cope with the stress of the ever-present physical threat we humans will always pose to one another in this world of ours.
This mentality in question consists of my belief that honor, simply put, is nothing, but a mere handicap in one's mind when it comes to defending yourself from others.

I embrace myself in my knowledge of combat pragmatism and how often people fighting on the street, fight as if there were some sort of rules of engagement which obviously do not exist aside from the law that is ignored in the moment. To this day, i do not comprehend the mindset of those who actively crave for physical encounters with others. I consider such people as having a deathwish, and people like that can have no positive effect on anyone around them so it is in my best interest to avoid them.

Now, to delve deeper into the concept of combat pragmatism. First, here's a quote copied from the page that likely invented this whole term.

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

This should give you a fair idea on what combat pragmatism centers around (It's from a movie that obviously everyone's at least heard of.) It's what any self-respecting street-survivor should embrace and base their survival skills around. This concept has always been frowned upon since it's supposedly dishonorable, but i rather stay alive and well, than keep my honor, which is also a man-made concept ranted upon dirty fighters to encourage them from utilizing the unfair, but effective tactics.

For more information, read here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... Pragmatist

Now, what is your stance on fighting IRL?

Great topic, something which I am very interested in. I have never really put a label on it but the bottom line is, I fight to win. Not really because I care about my well being but because I hate losing. I will do almost anything to win this includes biting, gouging, impromptu weapons or something I have had on me when I left the house. Anything short of straight murder unless the opponent is going to murder me(which is never the case most fights are over stupid things). Actions speak louder than words in my opinion, people fear violence and if it's something you revel in then your enemies are in for a tough time. There are no rules in a street fight and that is a stupid mentality to have. That way of thinking would mean that the biggest toughest guy would rule on top, due to him being the best fist fighter. You say that you don't understand the mindset of those actively craving physical encounters well it's either one of these. He enjoys violence or he thinks he has something to prove.

One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4