It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 11:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:37 am 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
I'm not gonna copy the long chat i had with a friend of mine a week ago, but we talked about how high intelligence can affect in a negative way due to the overly rational and critical thinking blocking one's mind of delusions even if they were beneficial in terms of mental health.

Indeed. It's no surprise I have anxiety then. My brain clearly is aware it's going to not exist at some point and most folk don't give their own mortality a second thought unless faced with death. It certainly is a strange feeling. One that I have to try and control as the physical symptoms that spawn from it are not good.

Gooby wrote:
I love it when we have deep chats like this, my dear Brit.

Hey I like talking to you man. We share the same thoughts on a few things so this helps me 'free my mind' in a way.

Gooby wrote:
Source: Gooby's obsessive interest in psychology

I'm always trying to work out the answers to things. Rather than kick up a fuss about it I first must understand why. Human behaviour is also a interesting thing to observe. Hell I even try and follow said protocol by attempting to chat up girls in a club and whatever as that's what 'normal' folk do. My attention span only goes so far though as really asking the same generic questions like "where you from, what do you do?" is dull. Perhaps I should experiment and ask questions that are not generic. I like to test out the results of doing things different than the average Joe.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:57 am 
Registered Member

wwinterj wrote:
Indeed. It's no surprise I have anxiety then. My brain clearly is aware it's going to not exist at some point and most folk don't give their own mortality a second thought unless faced with death. It certainly is a strange feeling. One that I have to try and control as the physical symptoms that spawn from it are not good.

Yes, with great intelligence, comes great... stress, i suppose. Dumb fucks are lucky without even realizing how stress-free and out of touch they are with the reality of this world, just because their brain is too under-developed to be aware of the truth. Often during dark times i wish i had average intelligence or even an IQ of a total dumb-ass so i wouldn't care about anything more complex than buying my next 12-pack of beer and watching the sports channel.
wwinterj wrote:
Hey I like talking to you man. We share the same thoughts on a few things so this helps me 'free my mind' in a way.

wwinterj wrote:
Hell I even try and follow said protocol by attempting to chat up girls in a club and whatever as that's what 'normal' folk do. My attention span only goes so far though as really asking the same generic questions like "where you from, what do you do?" is dull. Perhaps I should experiment and ask questions that are not generic. I like to test out the results of doing things different than the average Joe.

Don't. You come off as a creep if you don't act like a complete sheep of what girls expect the guys at a club to be like. It's almost like a little game which has the same rules each time, but the one who plays the smoothest, wins the prize (most likely pussy in this context). What i mean is that almost everyone says the same shit in clubs and such like ''Heyyy how are you doing'' or ''Where are you from'' all in pursuit of some tight pussy in the end, but the thing is that these so called ''normal'' people don't realize they're doing the same thing each time, but smart people do, but they also know it works when it goes smoothly so they play the game.

I obviously don't play the club game smoothly since my social skills are borderline non-existent and i look like a creepy stalker, but i know how the shit works.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:02 am 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
I obviously don't play the club game smoothly since my social skills are borderline non-existent and i look like a creepy stalker, but i know how the shit works.

I'm in the same boat. Can't do no harm being weird when I'm that anyway. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:14 am 
Registered Member

wwinterj wrote:
I'm in the same boat. Can't do no harm being weird when I'm that anyway. :twisted:

Oh we're in the same boat alright, in the same cabin :wink:.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:37 pm 
Registered Member