It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Rest in Peace, Caesar
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:40 pm 
The Hoods

One month ago today a very good (also a Hood) close friend of mine passed away of a massive heart attack. Since his death, I haven't posted much but this one is for your Caesar. Love you, you stupid ass. We'll be friends no matter where you are, I mean that.

Farid "Caesar" Ata 1976-2017

A Hood forever!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:48 pm 
The Red Kings

Spider Rico wrote:
One month ago today a very good (also a Hood) close friend of mine passed away of a massive heart attack. Since his death, I haven't posted much but this one is for your Caesar. Love you, you stupid ass. We'll be friends no matter where you are, I mean that.

Farid "Caesar" Ata 1976-2017

A Hood forever!

"Raises Blackjack" Gone but not forgotten motherfuckers! Hoods 4 Life! Didn't know him personally but respect due none the same. Sorry for your friend bro.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:51 am 
SWAT

It's never easy losing a friend in that way. I've seen a few acquaintances go out because of heroin and it never gets any easier. But at least you knew each other and made each other's life that much more meaningful. I'll raise a shot for Caesar.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:59 am 
Registered Member

I'm sorry for your loss, man. May he rest in eternal peace now. #empathy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:54 am 
The Cerberus

Rest in peace, Caesar. Sorry for your loss, Rico.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:39 am 
Registered Member

I won't be a sheep and say sorry for your loss and all that shit as I don't know who you're talking about and the dead don't give a fuck. Just live your life remembering you'll join him at some point as we all will and that's in death. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:39 am 
Registered Member

wwinterj wrote:
I won't be a sheep and say sorry for your loss and all that shit as I don't know who you're talking about and the dead don't give a fuck. Just live your life remembering you'll join him at some point as we all will and that's in death. Enjoy.

He won't. No one will. After death, one's consciousness will cease to exist, leading to nothingness. This means no living creature will ever join the dead because one cannot join those who have ceased to exist.

Unless you were talking metaphorically ofc. Though imo, it would be cool if it was like in that legendary game series, Legacy Of Kain, where those who die, enter another realm (or dimension) physically mostly identical to the living world, but just without the actual presence of living beings.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:29 am 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
Unless you were talking metaphorically ofc.

Basically yeah. I'm a atheist so I'm under no illusion that death is nothingness. Just the same as before you were born.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:32 am 
Registered Member

wwinterj wrote:
Gooby wrote:
Unless you were talking metaphorically ofc.

Basically yeah. I'm a atheist so I'm under no illusion that death is nothingness. Just the same as before you were born.

You either mistyped or are confused with my phrasing. Nothingness IS, what was before birth and what will be after death. I'm an atheist too, most people i know are (i don't know anyone).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:44 am 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
Nothingness IS, what was before birth and what will be after death.

Thus death is nothingness. Not a gate into another realm or some shit. I imagine it being like passing out only not knowing it's happened and never waking up from it. My anxiety makes me think these thoughts. Ironically enough the though of dying is probably one of the main causes of my anxiety. The circle just continues.

Last edited by wwinterj on Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:53 am 
Registered Member

wwinterj wrote:
Thus death is nothingness. Not a gate into another realm or some shit.

I never said it was, i said i wished it were, as is the case in Legacy of Kain, but that's fiction and i still have somewhat firm grip on reality so my best guess is that after death there will be as much of perception of existence as there was before life.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:55 am 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
I never said it was

I'm referring to what religious folk believe.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:59 am 
Registered Member

wwinterj wrote:
Thus death is nothingness. Not a gate into another realm or some shit. I imagine it being like passing out only not knowing it's happened and never waking up from it. My anxiety makes me think these thoughts. Ironically enough the though of dying is probably one of the main causes of my anxiety. The circle just continues.

Aaaand our Englishman edited his post so Goob will have another look now.

Yes, what you're saying is exactly what i mean. Along with losing your consciousness, you'll obviously also lose your ability to perceive when you die. If it's any comfort, i can unconvincingly lie to you about there being an utopian paradise called Heaven where one will go after passing away. Unless you were a horrible, naughty person, in such case you'll go straight to hell, YOU GO TO HELL! YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

That was a South Park reference

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:05 am 
Registered Member

I don't fault religion as it does help some folk. I'm kinda jealous as I wish I could be brainwashed into thinking illogical thoughts. It must be a nice state of mind walking around with your head up your arse oblivious to how shitty existence and none really is.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:14 am 
Registered Member

wwinterj wrote:
I don't fault religion as it does help some folk. I'm kinda jealous as I wish I could be brainwashed into thinking illogical thoughts. It must be a nice state of mind walking around with your head up your arse oblivious to how shitty existence and none really is.

I'm not gonna copy the long chat i had with a friend of mine a week ago, but we talked about how high intelligence can affect in a negative way due to the overly rational and critical thinking blocking one's mind of delusions even if they were beneficial in terms of mental health. You see, we human beings like to lie to ourselves AKA be in denial when we're facing things we don't want to accept just yet, in such cases it's good to be dumb enough to actually be able to convince yourself that the world is actually a nice happy place full of shiny rainbows and teddy bears.

Sadly, smart enough people are often immune to delusional thinking even if its purpose was to shield themselves from emotional trauma. You, Jay, realizing how pointless and crappy our existence is, proves you're more intelligent than the average joe.

Ding ding ding, my respect level for you has gone up again. I love it when we have deep chats like this, my dear Brit.

Source: Gooby's obsessive interest in psychology