It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dead Forums
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:37 pm 
Registered Member

Know any ghost town forums that used to be awesome and full of activity and life back in the day? Post them here!

One tragic example i can think of right away is TTLG (TTLG's this one ancient game developing studio's forum) specifically their most popular forum section, which was for the legendary Thief series they made, it used to be a fine place full of passionate and friendly members and it was found in the mid 90s (early 95 if i remember correctly).

The original Thief series was a trilogy starting in 96, with the last one released in 2004 and even back then (with almost 10 years of beloved history) TTLG's Thief fanbase was stronger than ever... up until about 2010 when most of the fans had lost all the hope and interest since there had been no official news of the series except for a small teaser in 2008. Since then the place had been really dead and quiet till Thief 4 (later renamed to THIEF) got released in 2014, but even then, the very few people that still lurked there reacted with just a "meh..." and now the place is totally absent of any life. Heck, the last post for THIEF 2014 dates half a year back.

Makes Goob sad... very sad indeed :|

Maybe Deagle could enlighten us about Gouranga forums? I'd assume it's for GTA 2 since i remember GOURANGA as a cheat code for the game.

Post subject: Re: Dead Forums
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:41 pm 
Registered Member

I opened this topic just to find my nickname and I'm glad I did

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:57 pm 
Registered Member

Deagle195 wrote:
I opened this topic just to find my nickname and I'm glad I did

Could you tell more about Gouranga? :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:05 am 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
Know any ghost town forums that used to be awesome and full of activity and life back in the day? Post them here!

Not forums no but back in my teen years I used to post on Digichat sites and was even a moderator on one of them. Sadly the sites I used are no longer around anymore.

I miss those people who I no longer talk to. I mean during my time posting on them I got talking to a few people from the UK and even was going to meet one of them to see if our 'relationship' could become something more than just online. That never came to fruition though. Although I still have a handful of people on Facebook that I met on there. Perhaps one day I'll meet them in person as they are generally good people and I've talked to them for years. Some of them live outside of the UK though (including one I care a lot about) so it might be more difficult but it's not impossible.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:26 am 
Registered Member

Most gaming forums are dead tbh...

“You know, I think it's important to keep a balance in things. Yeah, balance, that's the right word. Cause the guy who wants too much risks losing absolutely everything. Of course, the one who wants too little from life, might not get anything at all.”

― Thomas Angelo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:33 am 
The Red Kings

xxCSPROxx wrote:

That's because most gamers today are ten year old online multiplayer losers, all us true gamers who live for the single player days won't go to forums due to all the 10 year olds.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:34 pm 
Registered Member

Carcer City Hood wrote:
xxCSPROxx wrote:

That's because most gamers today are ten year old online multiplayer losers, all us true gamers who live for the single player days won't go to forums due to all the 10 year olds.

I miss the days when multiplayer is full of interesting people,I actually had a friend on Roblox back in 2012,and now multiplayer is full of mindless 10 year olds... :oops:

“You know, I think it's important to keep a balance in things. Yeah, balance, that's the right word. Cause the guy who wants too much risks losing absolutely everything. Of course, the one who wants too little from life, might not get anything at all.”

― Thomas Angelo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:16 pm 
Registered Member

I miss the days when multiplayer was so irrelevant part of video games that it practically didn't even exist.

Like our good man CCH says, single players is THE shit! 8) , but local multiplayer's all good though. It's the classic way to play with friends (if you got any) and therefore awesome 'cause everything old is always amazing compared to modern gimmicks and preferences.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:33 pm 
Registered Member

Gooby wrote:
'cause everything old is always amazing compared to modern gimmicks and preferences.

True...everything back then was better...better music,better movies,and BETTER GAMES! What I hate most in modern gaming,however is MICROTRANSACTIONS!

― Thomas Angelo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:25 am 
Registered Member

Microtransactions and most DLC are the only things that I find irksome. I don't play online much if at all and of course love single player games but this nickel and diming is tiresome. Granted it's not a big deal when you can ignore them easy but the more they push this shit the more I'm tempted to buy games in a sale and/or when a complete edition comes out. Call me old fashioned but if I'm spending full price on a game(around £40) I want the game to be complete and not have DLC and all that shit advertised to me before a game is even out. I mean if it's ready when the game goes gold then it should be already part of the game. Ah well I doubt it'll change being as casuals lap this shit up. Just like at GTA: Online to see what I mean.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:57 am 
Registered Member

I only have two things in my house atm which could be considered ''micro'' the first one's my 128GB USB memory stick, and the other one's in my pants.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:29 am 
Registered Member