It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:09 pm 
Registered Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:07 pm 
Registered Member

Picked this up for jogging, was the biggest neck knife I could find. I saw a news article close to me where some guy got severely mauled by a pitbull and then I started watching videos of people getting attacked by loose dogs and it made me paranoid. Gonna get a full sized Ka-Bar as my regular carry. I believe you should have some kind of weapon on you at all times, the old saying better to be caught with it than without it couldn't be any more true. Eventually, I wanna get a pistol and CCW license, which is gonna take a while because I was laid off work and I'll need at least $400. What do you guys carry around for self defense?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:33 pm 
The Red Kings

Har Shatan wrote:
Picked this up for jogging, was the biggest neck knife I could find. I saw a news article close to me where some guy got severely mauled by a pitbull and then I started watching videos of people getting attacked by loose dogs and it made me paranoid. Gonna get a full sized Ka-Bar as my regular carry. I believe you should have some kind of weapon on you at all times, the old saying better to be caught with it than without it couldn't be any more true. Eventually, I wanna get a pistol and CCW license, which is gonna take a while because I was laid off work and I'll need at least $400. What do you guys carry around for self defense?

That's a nice knife. I usually carry a black handled illegal side eject switchblade with a serrated bottom for protection. I have other pocket knives with bigger blades but let's face it if attacked you might not have enough time to get the blade on a manual one open.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:59 am 
The Cerberus

Nice knife! I must admit, I got paranoid when just knives got you jailtime here, so I stopped carrying one. I feel exposed without it, but when the police illegally has search zones and you face automatic time for it, I thought it was the safe choice.

I carry a monkey fist in my keychain, used to have a pocket knife and a screwdriver in the backpocket.

I'm considering taking a straight razor with me, with the reason of shaving. You can have some knives here if it has a purpose.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:26 am 
Registered Member

Goretex wrote:
Nice knife! I must admit, I got paranoid when just knives got you jailtime here, so I stopped carrying one. I feel exposed without it, but when the police illegally has search zones and you face automatic time for it, I thought it was the safe choice.

I carry a monkey fist in my keychain, used to have a pocket knife and a screwdriver in the backpocket.

I'm considering taking a straight razor with me, with the reason of shaving. You can have some knives here if it has a purpose.

In my state, you can carry up to Bowie knives & machetes, but batons and brass knuckles will get you jail time, haha.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:41 am 
The Cerberus

That's pretty stupid, but nice that you can carry the big knives.

Here, you can't have a knife longer than 7cm, and it can't be one that you open with one hand, regardless of size, and it mustn't have a locked blade.

You can go fishing or hunting and carry a knife that's for the that purpose, but if you go shopping on the way home, you're breaking the law. People have been convicted for forgetting their Stanley knife from work in their pocket.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:45 pm 
The Red Kings

Yeah I'm a little paranoid when carrying my switchblade. I'm always worried I'll get arrested for it even though the one I have is probably really close to the legal zone. I keep telling myself to carry a different knife but I'm worried if I do that I won't be able to get the knife open in time to protect myself.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:48 am 
Registered Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:22 am 
The Red Kings

I tell you guys one thing I always hated was the fact that I was almost 20 years old when I graduated from high school. You most people get out at around 16-17 but I was a month away from 20. The reason I hated it was because everyone instantly expected me to get a job. Most kid's parents usually give them a few years of freedom to decide a course of lifestyle if they aren't college bound. My dad was especially a dick about it. I was able to get a nice laid back job working for a carnival my first summer of freedom. It was probably the best job I ever had and probably ever will but at the time I felt kinda lost like everyone else was expecting too much of me. I remember one night laying on a hill top above the shutdown carnival site looking up at the stars thinking about how great my life was gonna be now that I was free to choose my own destiny. 8 years later and nothing has really happened for me yet.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:15 pm 
Registered Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:57 pm 
Registered Member

Har Shatan wrote:

Cold Steel Spike, nice. I have never owned one but I own other cold steel knives and machetes and know for a fact they are built well. No doubt it will serve you when you need it. Scottish/UK laws are the blade can't be over 3inch and have a locking mechanism so pretty much any knives I carry are illegal. I do swap between several knives and depending on the situations. I usually carry my trusty m9 bayonet but sometimes it is hard to conceal with light clothing so If I am going into public places I will take the smaller Cold Steel Kudu. I usually carry a set of knuckledusters in case they situation has not evolved into a knife matter. Not my pic

One Side.
chan eil uallach air cuideigin a bhith a 'marbhadh mi air a mharbhadh
http://163.172.82.135/2018/04/83166_R_A ... 0bm_11.mp4

Last edited by Sweet Tooth on Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:35 pm 
The Red Kings

Sweet tooth my old buddy since your going away for quite awhile I gotta ask where are you stashing your personal possessions? Like weapons, clothes, gaming stuff? Hope you got somebody watching out for your stuff till you get back out

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:44 pm 
Registered Member

Carcer City Hood wrote:
Sweet tooth my old buddy since your going away for quite awhile I gotta ask where are you stashing your personal possessions? Like weapons, clothes, gaming stuff? Hope you got somebody watching out for your stuff till you get back out

My man I still live with my mother so she will be keeping most of my stuff. I hope she keeps the weapons as I spent alot of money on them but she is scared that me having them around makes me more prone to using them and has tried to get rid of them before. She will probably keep all my clothes and I only bought this PC a couple months ago you can bet your ass she is keeping this shit. 1 thing I am worried about is my motorbike. its currently in like 20 pieces and I have not found the motivation these past months to fix it. We are also moving house so it will be a task moving it from the old house to the new house but im sure she will figure it out

One Side.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:51 pm 
The Red Kings

Sweet Tooth wrote:
Carcer City Hood wrote:

My man I still live with my mother so she will be keeping most of my stuff. I hope she keeps the weapons as I spent alot of money on them but she is scared that me having them around makes me more prone to using them and has tried to get rid of them before. She will probably keep all my clothes and I only bought this PC a couple months ago you can bet your ass she is keeping this shit. 1 thing I am worried about is my motorbike. its currently in like 20 pieces and I have not found the motivation these past months to fix it. We are also moving house so it will be a task moving it from the old house to the new house but im sure she will figure it out

Well that's good to hear. I was just hoping nobody would steal your stuff. Too bad you don't live anywhere near me, I'd have your motorbike fixed by the time you get out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:09 am 
Registered Member

Carcer City Hood wrote:
Sweet Tooth wrote:
Carcer City Hood wrote:

Well that's good to hear. I was just hoping nobody would steal your stuff. Too bad you don't live anywhere near me, I'd have your motorbike fixed by the time you get out.

That would be good, my moods have been so low that I don't have the motivation or passion to fix my motorbike its been lying for months. I should also add there is that 10% chance I don't go to prison, They are going to take my mental health and shit into account my psychiatrist wrote a letter to the judge basically saying I am in a bad palce and prison would make me worse. I will be in a foul mood if I don't go to prison at the current moment it feels like it is something I need to happen in my life for the past few years I have been stagnent and this will push things in the right direction. I thought I should add that my mum and friends know of and the extent of my self harm. My mum walked in on me one night drinking and cutting and she started crying. She reached out to my so called friends for help and advice and they came down to see me. I was in bed for the past week

One Side.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176  Next